Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 13th, 2024, 08:44 PM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart
Re: Community Prompts

I'm kind of worried about whether or not he'd be much worth fielding at all, it's kind of hard to pinpoint his role exactly. And I suspect that Weapons Hack might need a couple look overs but I'm happy with the concept and am ready to share it. (I kind of want to get rid of the d20 roll entirely. Give him that touch of reliability.)

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...terrain-293668
Old March 17th, 2024, 02:20 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Happy to give Weapons Hack a look over.

So 1) you can't attack with a figure when it is not taking a turn. So you have to take a turn with the hacked figure, during which turn that figure can only attack. 2) that means that you are temporarily taking control of an opponent's figure so you need all the wording to take control while keeping OMs secret. Similar to the Werewolf Lord.

All together, I think it should read like this.

Quote:
WEAPONS HACK
Instead of attacking normally with NV-30T, choose a soulborg figure adjacent to NV-30T and roll the 20-sided die. If you control the chosen soulborg figure, you may add 5 to your roll. If you roll a 7 or higher, take a turn with the chosen figure, during which it may only attack with a normal or special attack. If you take a turn with an opponent’s soulborg figure, you control that figure for the duration of its turn. At the end of its turn, control of the soulborg figure returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure’s Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
I also think an auto-shield on 4 defense is tough. I would drop to 3 Def. And it can probably go down to 40-45 points.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; March 18th, 2024 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the feedback! Question, why can't I attack with a figure when it isn't the figure's turn? I'm sure it breaks the system in some way, I'm just curious how.
Old March 18th, 2024, 02:00 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You're going to have to ask someone who knows that better than me. I know what the rule is, not why the rule is. @Scytale @dok @superfrog , got an answer here?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old March 18th, 2024, 02:01 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLegolas View Post
Thanks for all the feedback! Question, why can't I attack with a figure when it isn't the figure's turn? I'm sure it breaks the system in some way, I'm just curious how.
There are things in the game that expect that attacks only happen during the attacking figure's turn. Smoke Powder is an example.
Old March 19th, 2024, 07:56 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Went for something a little different here. This is meant to fit in with the -tron faction that we have going on in Vydar. Preserves the idea of the human shape and is a warden to fit in with the whole search and capture/destroy thing we have going on with the hunters and guards (glads and blasts). Also works specifically with X-17, somewhat acting as the hero version of a blastatron that you may want in a big army with a bunch of Vydar Soulborgs.

The size restriction I have keeps you from bonding with things like q9/q10 or squads like rats. The order marker language limits any silliness of interacting with the zettian guards. Definitely unsure about the points but I think it's a fun concept. I'm thinking maybe in the same weightclass as Mogrimm because he is doing some stuff in a similar vein (supporting a very specific type of unit).

Quote:
Name: VOLTRON
General: VYDAR

Species: SOULBORG
Uniqueness: UNIQUE
Class: WARDEN
Personality: DISCIPLINED
Size/Height: Medium 5

Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 3
Defense: 4
Points 120

SYNCHRONIZED ORDERS
If all your Order Markers on medium Soulborgs that follow Vydar, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

MELEE SOULBORG BONDING
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card and taking a turn with Voltron, you may take a turn with a medium Soulborg Hero or Squad you control that has a range of 1.

SOUL COLLECTION MATRIX
When a friendly Soulborg that you control is destroyed, place a Soulborg Energy marker on this Army Card. Before rolling attack or defense, you may remove 1 Soulborg Energy marker to add 1 attack or defense die to your roll this turn.
Old March 20th, 2024, 12:09 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dunno How I Feel About This

Idea that came into my head while I was perusing robot minis. I did a mock up paint job in GIMP that I'm 50/50 on. Not sure if the power set works the way I want it to but I think it opens up some interesting avenues.

~Dysole, theoretically

Old March 20th, 2024, 01:48 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dunno How I Feel About This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So, if it's not possible for that "X" Hero to attack a figure adjacent to an Overseer, they're instead getting a free shot at whoever they please? Seems like the Overseer's presence is a liability rather than a benefit when using that power.
Old March 21st, 2024, 12:26 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Theoretically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So, if it's not possible for that "X" Hero to attack a figure adjacent to an Overseer, they're instead getting a free shot at whoever they please? Seems like the Overseer's presence is a liability rather than a benefit when using that power.
The big thing that I was thinking was you target them for an explosion special attack while they're adjacent to a bunch of other figures. Because those figures still count as "attacked", you're able to do it. There might be a cleaner implementation and the restriction might be too constricting. If I was designing this for widespread use, I'd probably play with a couple iterations to see what actually ended up working out.

~Dysole, aware that even Deathcommander and Zettian Infantry struggle to make the Utgar Soulborgs that useful so was trying to give more cheap bodies to tie up would be attackers and giving them more opportunities to attack a bunch of enemies
Old March 21st, 2024, 08:42 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Went for something a little different here. This is meant to fit in with the -tron faction that we have going on in Vydar. Preserves the idea of the human shape and is a warden to fit in with the whole search and capture/destroy thing we have going on with the hunters and guards (glads and blasts). Also works specifically with X-17, somewhat acting as the hero version of a blastatron that you may want in a big army with a bunch of Vydar Soulborgs.
This mini looks like a Hybrid of the 12th Caucasus with the existing Vydar Soulborgs. It'd be interesting if he could function as a bridge to bring them into the same army
Old March 21st, 2024, 08:46 AM

Quote:
The big thing that I was thinking was you target them for an explosion special attack while they're adjacent to a bunch of other figures. Because those figures still count as "attacked", you're able to do it. There might be a cleaner implementation and the restriction might be too constricting. If I was designing this for widespread use, I'd probably play with a couple iterations to see what actually ended up working out.
Just spitballing here: What if you make it so the Soulborg hero has to target the Overseer itself and that overseer WILL take the damage. It kind of makes it an utgar-style "Targeting Beacon." Where he doesn't care if some of his lesser minions get hurt if it means he can target more than one enemy figure. You could then shave off a few more points as well.
(It would also be tempting to add a "black hole" kind of ability that draws figures toward the Overseer. But that would cost more points and I would understand if that went against your original vision too much)
Old March 21st, 2024, 02:55 PM

Alright then. This is another design I had on the back burner for a while. They aren't soulborgs, but they synergize with them.

Star Wars Miniatures: Knights of the Old Republic: Old Republic Captain and Old Republic Guard
Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force: Old Republic Soldier

Quote:
DISTRICT 10 DEFECTORS
Utgar / Alpha Prime / Mariedian / Common Squad (3) / Troopers / Treacherous / Medium 5
Life 1 / Move 5 / Range 6 / Attack 2 / Defense 3 / Points 70

SOULBORG SUBSERVIENCE
District 10 Defectors are not considered to be Mariedian for the effects of special powers of other Mariedian figures that do not follow Utgar.

ZETTIAN OVERSEERS
After taking a turn with the District 10 Defectors, if 2 or fewer Defectors attacked this turn, you may take a turn with the Zettian Guards you control.

MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION (From Deathcommander Mark 3)
When a Soulborg figure that you control who follows Utgar attacks a figure engaged with a District 10 Defector with a normal attack, before defense dice are rolled, you may re-roll one attack die that did not show a skull. Marked for Destruction can only be used once for each attack.
----------

Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force: Old Republic Commander

Quote:
MALRON RAC
Utgar / Alpha Prime / Mariedian / Unique Hero / Commander / Treacherous / Medium 5
Life 4 / Move 5 / Range 6 / Attack 3 / Defense 3 / Points 110

MARIEDIAN FRONT LINE ATTACK AURA
All Mariedian figures you control within 4 clear-sight spaces of Malron Rac roll one additional attack die when attacking with a normal attack while engaged to at least one opponent's figure.

CRAVEN TRAITOR
Each time a Maredian figure you control within 4 clear-sight spaces of Malron Rac is destroyed you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Malron Rac. Remove any Order Markers on this Army Card, then give the card to that opponent. If a Soulborg figure you control that follows Utgar is within 4 clear-sight spaces of Malron Rac, negate Craven Traitor.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards