Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 18th, 2008, 03:00 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
My attempt at Custom Lava

So far just the Molten Tiles... I am going to use Marvel Asphalt for Lava Rock tiles... with slight slits of lava showing through, heck I dont even have to paint them all with lava...

The photo reveals a few flaws.. where I was testing the red paint, and the fact that I missed some of the cracks, were white is showing through.

This was easier than it looks...
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:45 AM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Re: My attempt at Custom Lava

Great job. That lave looks really nice and really real.

Just one question: It looks like you´ve painted them all together, not tile by tile. What happens if you put them together in a different arrangement?
Do they still fit together (optically)? What I mean: It seems as if you´ve painted the yellow and orange areas over 2 or 3 tiles - over the edges. So what happens if you turn some of them around?

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old July 18th, 2008, 07:03 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

I love custom lava, and yours is really good. It may look different in person, but where you think there are flaws in not painting in between all the cracks, I think it looks like glowing lava.
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart

It looks fantastic. Great job.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:11 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

Great work.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Am I the only one that's not seeing any pictures here?

No, I'm not in discreet mode.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:35 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks...

This just happened to be a test of how it would look if I did them all together... (the lazy way).
This second photo shows them scrambled up...

I am not sure if I like it or not...

I need to at least redo it because I covered up all my middle orange layers with the darker colors too much.

As for photos loading, its a BIG 1200 wide image... give it time to show up .
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

The page said it was done loading, but they are showing up now. This computer (where I work), is pretty iffy sometimes so I wasn't sure what was going on. Those tiles do look fantastic though. I share the same concern as Gidian that they might look not as great when you break them up, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. Either way, they look awesome!
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

Very impressive! The variations in color, which you would see in real lava due to temperature differences, really give it a "dangerous" and realistic appearance. I wouldnt want to move my figure on one of those hexes!!
Great job.

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They look great. I want to do something like that, but I'm afraid I'll screw them up.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Gidian has disabled reputation

What happended on your second picture is what I thought. On pic one, the different shades of yellow and orange look really harmonious and everything fits perfectly together. It´s a big lake of lava. On pic two, it´s all mixed up and you can see the edges of every tile so you lose the harmonic look what´s a great pity. Maybe you´ll find a way to fix that.

Nevertheless, you´ve done a very good job.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:28 AM
GW Bush's

Renquist made lava similar in idea to yours and pulled off the choppy look quite well. All his other stuff is fantastic as well.

Everyone should give a look:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=11960

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles