Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Battle at the Border: MA/RI Tournament - April 19, 2008

RESULTS

Battle at the Border
Massachusetts/Rhode Island HeroScape Tournament

When: Saturday April 19th @ 11:30am

Where: Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Church cafeteria in Woonsocket, RI

Street Address: 1409 Park Avenue, Woonsocket, RI 02895

Hi Everyone,

Our gaming group (based in Massachusetts) would like to invite you to the 1st annual Battle at the Border HeroScape tournament to be held in Woonsocket, Rhode Island on April 19th at 11:30am.

This will be a swiss style tournament consisting of 5 rounds of play with the following restrictions.

500 point armies
50 minute time limit per round (when time expires the current round will finish, so if you are in turn 1, you keep going thru turn 3, but play will stop upon completion of turn 3)
Classic HeroScape figures only including exclusives (no Marvel, no Customs, no proxies)
24 hex start zone (if your army can't fit within the the 24 then those left off are considered destroyed by your opponent)
All games will be Kill 'em All scenarios
Victory points will be used to determine winners of each round and to break win/loss ties when determining match-ups for the next round.

100pts side bar to be decided by vote (see next post).
EDIT: Approved (see next post for guidelines)

Participants will be responsible for brining their own army, cards, order markers, wound markers, and dice to the tournament.

Tournament Director created by Sisyphus will be used to determine match-ups and maps each round.

Fractional Scoring as stated in Grungebob's Simple PNP Tourney System will be used when counting Victory Points.

(i) For each unique squad left on the field, score the squad in proportion to its remaining figures. Example: 2 remaining Nakitia Agents would be worth 80 points.

(ii) For each full common squad remaining score full points, and for a remaining partial common squad, score the partial squad proportionally as above. Example: 6 remaining 4TH MASS LINE figures would be worth 70+35 = 105 pts.

(iii) For each hero* left on the battlefield, score him in proportion to his remaining life. Example: 80 pt / 4 life Thorgrim, if having only 1 life remaining at time-expiration, would be worth 20 points. *Directors may opt to use "Squads-Only Fractional Scoring," awarding full points for heroes regardless of remaining life.

NOTE: We will break points down by wound count.

(iv) Any time a fraction is encountered in a partial squad's (or wounded hero's) unit value, round to the nearest whole number (round .5 down). Never use decimals in a final unit value. Example: 2 remaining Krav Maga Agents = 33.33+33.33 = 66.66 = 67 points. Example: 3 remaining 4TH MASS = 17.5 + 17.5 + 17.5 = 52.5 = 52 points.

Entry fee for this event will be $10. This will go towards use of the space for the day and to recoup some of the funds that have been spent on the prize table. Any left over funds (if any) will be donated to HeroScapers.com, we are not looking to make any profit from this endeavor.

For the prize table we currently have 1 Rise of the Valkyrie Master set and 4 Swarm of the Marro Master sets. HeroScape items donated by the participants are always welcome but not required.

There will be at least 6 different maps that will be used (may add to that depending on the number of participants). Four of the maps will be chosen from the approved Battlefields of Valhalla and two will be of our groups design. All maps and any glyphs will be announced (in this thread) well ahead of the tournament, we are still deciding at this point.

Glyphs: (between 1 and 4 will be used on each map)
Common Attack +1
Unique Attack +1
Defense +1
Move +2
Artifact (Brandar) - this glyph will represent the D20+1 glyph

This is our 1st time running a tournament so feel free to ask any questions or bring points to our attention that we have not addressed. Any kinks that can be worked out ahead of time would definitely be a good thing.

Keep an eye on this thread for further details and information.

The List:
1. nyys
2. nyys nephew1
3. nyys nephew2
4. Bengi
5. ollie
6. Monkeyclops
7. Eckels
8. guido
9. fil
10. donaldb
11. donaldb friend
12. Onacara
13. OnacaraSon1
14. OnacaraSon2
15. curseyoukhan
16. curseyoukhan jr.
17. Slaader
18. Aeston
19. Kahlenar
20. Alysha
21. loborocket
22. loborocketSon
23. RobertDD
24. Nemi (non-HSer)
25. Jinx1016 (non-HSer)
26. Mosby (curseyoukhan)
27. Phineas (curseyoukhan)
28. DiscoStu
29. DiscoStu friend1
30. DiscoStu friend2
31. DiscoStu friend3
32. To Serve Man
33. thing1 (guido)
34. thing2 (guido)
35. KMpags
36. KMpags friend

Maps (see next post)

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; April 22nd, 2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
EDIT: The 100pt sidebar has been approved, guidelines below.

600pt army but only 500 points can be used at one time
between matches you are allowed to swap in/out other units that are part of your 600 points.
you will get your next map assignment before having to decide
once assigned to your map place all 600 points worth of units on the table for your opponent to see (he/she will do the same)
on a sheet of paper write down the 500pt army you will be using, once both sides have completed this step, place armies in starting zones and wait for the go ahead to start the match

A good approach when putting together your 600 points (as suggested by ollie) would be to make a solid 400 point army and then put together two lists of 100 points that are easily swappable (to each his own though).

MAPS

BoV
Highways and Dieways x2 (Onacara providing one map)
Swamp Thing x2
Road Rampage x2
Fire Isles x2 (Onacara providing one map)
Turret Rocks x1
Hot Heights x1

Bengi
Arctic Highway
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/arctic_highway.pdf

Flooded Highway
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/Flooded_Highway.pdf
(Note: the Glyph on top of the middle structure will not be random, it will always be the Lucky 20, also the tops will be taken off the wall sections, no figs will be able to stand on top of the walls)
(Note2: some of the water is double stacked on this map, but per the official rules, this 'type' of water does not affect figures any differently than if it were not double stacked)

Volcanic Wetlands
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/volcanic_wetlands.pdf

Bridged Swampland
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/BridgedSwampland.pdf

Glacier Time
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/glacier_time.pdf

nyys
High Road or the Low Road
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/HighOrLow.pdf

Monkeyclops
Fields of Stone
http://www.nyys.us/HS/maps/FieldsofStone.pdf

Aeston
Frozen Pass (Aeston providing map)
http://www.vinehaeven.com/temp/heroscape/frozenpass.pdf

curseyoukhan
Bringing some RttFF trees just in case they run short (but we should be good).

guido
Bringing various sets to serve as back-up (for the inevitable mistakes nyys has made).

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; April 17th, 2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:03 AM

EDIT to the 1st post:

Participants will be responsible for brining their own army, cards, order markers, wound markers, and dice to the tournament.

-insert signature here-
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Sign me up!

This will be my 6th tournament and they've each been in a different state. Weird.

The 100pt sidebar sounds fun.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Sign me up, for now. It's still a bit away so my plans are likely to change (but I hope not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Sign me up!

This will be my 6th tournament and they've each been in a different state. Weird.

Great. You do realize now you have to go on a whirlwind tour of all 50 states just say you did it. Sort of like visiting baseball stadiums, but with HeroScape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Sign me up, for now. It's still a bit away so my plans are likely to change (but I hope not).
Will do, but I'll throw in a 'tentative' for now.

-insert signature here-
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM

If anyone feels inclined it would also be helpful to add something to your signature leading folks to this thread to help get the word out.

Something like this:

Battle at the Border MA/RI HeroScape Tournament, April 19, 2008.

-insert signature here-
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
Sign me up!

Great. You do realize now you have to go on a whirlwind tour of all 50 states just say you did it. Sort of like visiting baseball stadiums, but with HeroScape...
I could probably handle one in south-west Maine, but after that it's going to start getting ridiculous
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sign me up!

I could probably handle one in south-west Maine, but after that it's going to start getting ridiculous
Sounds like someone's a New England elitist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sign me up!

Sounds like someone's a New England elitist.
I'm more broad-minded than that: any sort of England is fine.

[Context for everyone on the boards other than the handful I've actually met: I'm English (as in UK English) but now live in the US.]
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM

Monkeyclops is surprisingly tart
Fine twist my arm, I guess I'll show

Oh, and I guess this means my God-daughter's B-day will be celebrated the following weekend huh... while I'm in Cancun...

~Monkeyclops

Do you have the NERV?
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker
I'd like to be listed as "tentative," as well. It's too far out for me to be able to judge my availability, but I can at least pencil it in on the ol' calendar.

I've never been to a tourney, and I haven't really been playing that long, but I really enjoy it when I can! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Returns for more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events