Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: D&D Mini's- As well made as they appear in the pictures?

I love em!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart

The early sets were 25mm, but they have since upped the scale to 28mm. I don't know exactly where they made the change, but the scale is closer now. Some of the humans are ok, but many are a tiny bit small. Heroscape is around 30mm in my opinion. Almost all the creatures are great.

Stylistically, D&D minis are not as chunky as 'Scape. The bodies and limbs are skinnier. The early paint jobs were quite horrible and now it really is better, but as stated above they don't look like 'Scape.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:33 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Dungeons of Dread

I've bought the new starter and four boosters so far and like what I've seen. I got the Young Silver Dragon in my first booster. I've become interested in D&D again for the first time since the early 80's because the new streamlined 4e, at least what I've read about it.

"Be of good courage..."
Old April 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

I'm quite psyched about 4th ed as well.
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM

Speaking of D&D miniatures: I really enjoy the Skirmish game. The new 4e Skirmish rules are quite simple, much like Heroscape. By that I mean players can make it as easy as they want or as hard. And the new 4e card stats are mostly all inclusive on the card, which I like because I got tired of always refering to a special ability chart, i.e. Mage Knight/Heroclix. Once again much like Heroscape cards. Makes me wonder if WotC took a cue from Heroscape when they redesigned Skirmish for 4e. But I digress. My question for this post is what D&D miniature expansions are the best, and by best I don't necessarily mean scupt wise but playability. I can pick up an Unhallowed case for $50 online. Just wondering if it's worth the money.

"Be of good courage..."
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen View Post
Speaking of D&D miniatures: I really enjoy the Skirmish game. The new 4e Skirmish rules are quite simple, much like Heroscape. By that I mean players can make it as easy as they want or as hard. And the new 4e card stats are mostly all inclusive on the card, which I like because I got tired of always refering to a special ability chart, i.e. Mage Knight/Heroclix. Once again much like Heroscape cards. Makes me wonder if WotC took a cue from Heroscape when they redesigned Skirmish for 4e. But I digress. My question for this post is what D&D miniature expansions are the best, and by best I don't necessarily mean scupt wise but playability. I can pick up an Unhallowed case for $50 online. Just wondering if it's worth the money.
There are a few that I want out of that set. I could give you a list. You could sell the extra copies of these figs to me to offset your cost. Something to think about.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Keep in mind that the old ones are not compatible with 4e.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen View Post
There are a few that I want out of that set. I could give you a list. You could sell the extra copies of these figs to me to offset your cost. Something to think about.
Okay, sounds good. If I win the Auction, I'll PM a list of extras. Maybe we could trade. as opposed to buying. I only have figs from Dungeon of Dread and a few from Night Below.

"Be of good courage..."
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM

Re: D&D Miniatures...

Anyone played the 4e version of D&D mniatures? I have the starter and a several of the Dungeon of Dread expansion and I like it a lot. How does 4e skirmish compare to the orignal rules. I've compared the 4e stat cards to the original version and the 4e cards seem to have everything needed stat wise on the card, which i like.

"Be of good courage..."
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

Re: D&D Miniatures...

Merged threads.
Old May 11th, 2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Keep in mind that the old ones are not compatible with 4e.
That's true. Fortunately, WotC is in the process of transposing all old figures to 4e. So far they have converted Desert of Desolation and night Below. A PDF can be downloaded from the WotC website.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20080124a

A "fan favorites" conversion is due soon featuring new stats for figures from a poll conducted earlier this year. Apparently it will feature stats for figures from all expansions.

"Be of good courage..."
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: D&D Miniatures...

Yo. I got the Gargantuan Blue Dragon for my birthday this year. In my thread" the Dragon King- Claws of Death's customs", he will represent the dragon king.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures