Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 31st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NorCal NHSD'08

Hey all. An update on locations.

It's Your Move was very interested in hosting us for a Heroscape event, but unfortunately their bi-weekly Scrabble (Scrabble?!) group will be using the majority of their space on the 18th.

The Hobnob has yet to call me back, but they seem to be a last resort due to their constraints.

I've sent emails to the Events people at Games of Berkeley and to GameKastle, and await reply. GameKastle still has the 18th open for now, but I know something in the east bay is preferable to most. So I'm torn between securing the space at GameKastle now and possibly suffering a loss of attendence or banking on the attendence and not having a venue. The former choice seems to be slightly more pragmatic, but if any of you have a thought on the matter, I'd love to hear it.

Also, I've PM'd Onacara about making us one of his amazing trophies. Would having one of those on the table get more of you to the table?

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Last edited by RoninValentina; August 31st, 2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Coherence.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:02 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, GameKastle usually contacts me within 2 days, so depending on when you sent it they should be replying shortly. I personally don't care where it will be, but I realize some people might. You might want to PM the people who are actually far out to get their opinion, since some people (like me) are going to be there no matter what.

EDIT: Alastair MacDirk mentioned in my Gameday thread that he'd consider bringing the NorCal trophy down if there's a tourney, and I don't know how far out the "Highlands" are.

How were you thinking we do the different events? Single elimination for main and then other events start after each round finishes, or what? single elimination might take out the fun, but there might not be time for all the games if we do pool play and then go to elimination rounds. What to do...
Old August 31st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would like to attend, but that depends on the location. HeH's (Newark - the one in California, not New Jersey) is the furthest south I would consider at 125 miles with a two and a half hour drive, on a good day, each way.
... I updated the first post myself, because I can.

As for any specialty gaming rules ...
I just wanna play the freakin' game!

Now that I got that out of the way ... If we do not play tourney-style (tournaments always bore the excrement out of me as HeroScape no longer feels like a game), and any few of you are interested (requires 3 to 6 players), I could bring MysteryScape.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.

Last edited by Malechi; August 31st, 2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM

Azrael's Acid Woo who?

Myself and hubby could possibly attend, depending on final location. Have to look into some resources though, before making any suggestions, or volunteering for anything. This would be our first official game day, so we don't have a lot of experience in that setting. But we're avid learners, and would be happy to help if at all possible. Just all depends on location.

" The only way evil can prevail, is when good men do nothing."
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Also, I've PM'd Onacara about making us one of his amazing trophies. Would having one of those on the table get more of you to the table?

Would it get you there more if I told you that Alcatraz island will be incorporated into the trophy?
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:20 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post

Would it get you there more if I told you that Alcatraz island will be incorporated into the trophy?
Ohhhhh.
I definitely need to attend this tourney!
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:29 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael's Acid View Post
... This would be our first official game day, so we don't have a lot of experience in that setting. But we're avid learners, and would be happy to help if at all possible. Just all depends on location.
Not a big deal, NHSD is just a bunch of people playing HeroScape and for some reason that is beyond me sometimes recording the results for absolutely no reason. During the first NHSD, I won every game I played, except one where my booty was handed to me by SexyMama (which is odd in the fact that I have no booty).

Here she is showing me where I went wrong ...

The only reason I remember the results of that day was the fact that I have the extreme version of the Luck of the Irish in that my luck is all bad so I shouldn't have won any games!

Old September 1st, 2008, 01:04 AM

Guerillinator has disabled reputation

All right, its about time for another big game day. Count me in. I'm open for whatever format there is (I just want to play), but I like the concept of "There can be only one" for a new twist on the game. Maybe a player who advances to the next round could be required to choose a new hero so that the player who ultimately wins does by utilizing different armies/strategies rather than just seizing on one approach for the entire event (although I would leave the final round open so each player could take his/her best army). Anyway, just a thought, I'm not sure how it would work since I've not even begun to think of what hero(s) I would take.

I also like the idea that if this is a single elimination tourney, that other events be set up for those who don't advance. Some of these could be tourney-style as well (since half the people would be eliminated in the first round, there would be a sizeable number to start a second tourney-style event). But I also with Malechi that it would be nice to also just have some open gaming where people could try out some new stuff.

One in a million chances tend to come up nine times out of ten.
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillinator View Post
... But I also with Malechi that it would be nice to also just have some open gaming where people could try out some new stuff.
I wholeheartedly agree with you agreeing with me!

Old September 1st, 2008, 02:12 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi View Post

Here she is showing me where I went wrong ...
Definitely a better game day when Sexy is playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillinator View Post
All right, its about time for another big game day. Count me in. I'm open for whatever format there is (I just want to play), but I like the concept of "There can be only one" for a new twist on the game. Maybe a player who advances to the next round could be required to choose a new hero so that the player who ultimately wins does by utilizing different armies/strategies rather than just seizing on one approach for the entire event (although I would leave the final round open so each player could take his/her best army). Anyway, just a thought, I'm not sure how it would work since I've not even begun to think of what hero(s) I would take.

I also like the idea that if this is a single elimination tourney, that other events be set up for those who don't advance. Some of these could be tourney-style as well (since half the people would be eliminated in the first round, there would be a sizeable number to start a second tourney-style event). But I also with Malechi that it would be nice to also just have some open gaming where people could try out some new stuff.
Alright! G's in!
Tournament or free play, I'm in.
I like the single elimination idea as it still provides an opportunity to do some free play - Heroscape or otherwise.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:40 PM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

As I it falls again on saturday, I may be able to come. It depends on location though and how much gas I can afford. Put my on the Probably-maybe list!

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
As it falls again on saturday, ...
Well yeah, it would wouldn't it considering NHSD is the third Saturday in October.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day