Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 26th, 2006, 04:56 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Marro Warriors

This has only just entered my mind but i remember back on HQ i read about people having battles with more than 4 marro warriors, and i thought that that would be impossible because they are a unique squad. But then i thought that they might have more than 4 on the field because of water clone?! I always thought that you could only use water clone to get the number of figures on the card (4) but now i think about it, if you have multiple master sets would you be able to use water clone and add marro warriors from the other master sets so use can have +4 marro warriors on your squad?
Old June 26th, 2006, 04:58 AM
ultradoug

no.
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:04 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ok, Thanks for Quick respons!
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:08 AM
ultradoug

sure. reasion is- the max unit on unique hero card is what that hero card has.
for each unique hero card you must have 1 card each. so IF my oppenent has Sgt Drake and I have Sgt Drake we both have a card for him, if he mindshakle my Sgt Drake, that card would go with that hero... (you'd have to keep track somehow)

however for non-unique cards, it dont matter, you only nead 1 of a viper card. if I actavate viper card I can move any vipers, not just the 3 i moved last time or whatever.

with the 2 sgt drake deal, I'd have to track what drake "belonged" to what card.

Thanks for your question! I look fowrad to epicizing you soon!
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:26 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
This came from the "4rth Mass / Roman Legion How Broken? Poll" thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Turkey 13
Personally, I think that the Marro Warriors are the closest unit to being broken. I don't think they are broken at all since they have such low attack, but they are more "broken" than 4th Mass or the Roman Legion. 50 points for an almost endless amount of units is pretty good. Especially a four figure ranged unit. I think they should have been 70 points anyway.
I've seen this kind of thing said more than once about the Marro Warriors.

I have played them, and had little success with them.
How do you use them so that they are effective?
Once they start dying, they just seem to eat up the turn markers to clone, while my opponent continues attacking, and eventually the attrition overtakes the clone ability (even in water.)
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:39 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127

I have played them, and had little success with them.
How do you use them so that they are effective?
Once they start dying, they just seem to eat up the turn markers to clone, while my opponent continues attacking, and eventually the attrition overtakes the clone ability (even in water.)
If you can get the height advantage with them, and take advantage of the 6M + 6R, they can be pretty formidable. Lots of time the strategy is to keep one back and in the water to clone when numbers get low. Given the right circumstance, they have good staying power, especially for 50 points.

But yeah, if the enemy has a bead on them, they can go down pretty quickly as well. Best to be able to alternate with (an)other unit(s) so enemy can't focus attack on Marro Warriors - or spread them out/split them up ("Shaggy you go with Scooby - I'll go with Daphne and Vilma") for same effect.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
If you can get the height advantage with them, and take advantage of the 6M + 6R, they can be pretty formidable. Lots of time the strategy is to keep one back and in the water to clone when numbers get low. Given the right circumstance, they have good staying power, especially for 50 points.
My brother moans when he gets these in a 'random-choosing' battle. But i love getting these guys, you're right, they are good for such few points and have good move and range, and i love taking advantage of the height advantage with them! Plus the water cloning comes in hand too! *knock em down and the y come back for more (most of the time)*
Old July 14th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heck, all liberal environmentalists should love these guys! They're a renewable source of energy!

But as for me, being a conservative republican, I have no qualms whatsoever about burning these guys up on the battlefield!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think Marro Warriors, along with the Saylind/Kelda combo, are PERFECT for those that build really really gigantically huge maps and play high point value games.

If you leave one Marro Warrior near your base, in some water, and march the other three into combat, headaches will ensue for your opponent. He may kill all three, but will have a hard time getting to a well-protected fourth.
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Marro Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
This has only just entered my mind but i remember back on HQ i read about people having battles with more than 4 marro warriors, and i thought that that would be impossible because they are a unique squad.
Normally impossible, but ATM I'm conducting an experiment to see if allowing multiple Marro's is really as bad as most people think (based on discussion in another thread).

So far, I'm unimpressed. Essentially AgentX-127 has their number, IMHO, even with 3 full squads on the board. But I will try again, using jcb231's strategy and see if that makes a difference.
Old July 15th, 2006, 12:42 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
They rock in 3way Free for All games...

I have been playing the guys a lot lately and have found that in FFA games they really shine.....

I have literally stolen games with these guys that I had no business winning simply because of clone.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Viral Zombie has disabled reputation
my girl friend waxed me last week with leaving one marro warrior behind in water, id kill 3, oh what do u know, more, and more and more....by the end, she has 2 marros and i was toast. $*%& those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I think Marro Warriors, along with the Saylind/Kelda combo, are PERFECT for those that build really really gigantically huge maps and play high point value games.

If you leave one Marro Warrior near your base, in some water, and march the other three into combat, headaches will ensue for your opponent. He may kill all three, but will have a hard time getting to a well-protected fourth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units