Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: Location of Colorado NHSD ( voting ends september 18th)
Cheyenne WY, Cyborgs Gaming 5 71.43%
Boulder CO, Boulder Public Library 2 28.57%
Wheatridge CO, Valhalls Game Center 0 0%
Highlands Ranch CO, Enchanted Grounds 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Cross Country Colorado/Cheyenne NHSD

OOH! Goodie! Sorry for the impatience, it was late, I was tired, and it's no excuse for crowding a thread.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Expect more than 20 people at this event, SoA.
Yes there will be a good turnout. Even though I have told quite a few people to come on here and vote, very few of the Heroscape players here log on to Heroscapers. I get comments already from people saying that they are missing Heroscape and looking forward to more games now that summer is over. Heroscape has been the single best seller in this store since it opened 10 months ago. The past 3 months it has been getting passed by Games Workshop products but Heroscape still remains one of the top 5 sellers.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's likely that, assuming we do hold the event in Cheyenne, we will have at least nine folks from Colorado coming up - let's say 10. Combine that with lafleurhero and his usual Cheyenne turnout, which has been consistently double digits, and you've got 20 players before considering other folks like SoA.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

plus the fact that it is NHSD where the previous events have been just normal events.
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:22 PM

I've just recently done some remodeling in the store. After doing so I counted up how much space I have for the Heroscape tournament without borrowing space from the restaurant or Fitness center next door . I counted up space for 14 standard BOV style maps without having to move very much furniture. I could probably squeeze in a 15th. Then with the neighboring business the space is nearly unlimited.
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:36 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My guess at the attendees at the moment:
  1. Bonesnap
  2. Mista
  3. varidice
  4. Mad_Celt
  5. chief
  6. dok
  7. Elginb
  8. Generalrolando
  9. Seth
  10. ifstream
  11. Son of Aarathorn
  12. Ninja Status
  13. Tolamos
  14. Tolamos's wife
  15. Tolamos's friend
  16. Tolamos's friend
  17. lafleurhero + ~10
Currently looking like about 27 total!

Tentatively, why don't we plan on 12 maps.

Are we settled on 560 points, Kill 'em all, semis and finals after rolling rumble start?

Last edited by dok; September 8th, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Tentatively, why don't we plan on 12 maps.

Are we settled on 560 points, Kill 'em all, semis and finals after rolling rumble start?
Sounds good to me...
Old September 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Alright guys we need to start talking about who will decide the maps.
Wondering where the maps will be posted. In this thread, PM's, .... I'm just hoping for SWAMP THING. Meh. Considering how uncontributative (not a word) this post is, I might as well be carrying a sign reading- ... always wanted to use that smiley.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; October 3rd, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 06:15 PM

lafleurhero, what do you have for a terrain collection? We can bring up some maps to fill things out, but the more stuff you can have set up in advance, the more smoothly things will run.
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
lafleurhero, what do you have for a terrain collection? We can bring up some maps to fill things out, but the more stuff you can have set up in advance, the more smoothly things will run.
3 ROTV, 2 SOTM, 1 Marvel, 1 DnD, 2 forest, 2 Ice, 2 jungle, 2 castle, 1 lava. I'll be happy to set up as many maps as you want. I have friends here that can set up some too. I know Ifstream has at least as much as I do if not more and he has already said he will set up some maps. He also has I think 2 lava sets. I don't think we will need more than maybe 2 or 3 more from Denver and possibly not even that. The only problem with maps from here is most people here only have SOTM, DnD, Castle, and Marvel sets, so it just depends on how many of the other terrain types you want.
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
3 ROTV, 2 SOTM, 1 Marvel, 1 DnD, 2 forest, 2 Ice, 2 jungle, 2 castle, 1 lava.
Ah, I love the "how can I use all of this terrain efficiently" problem. Here's a first run:

Quote:
I'll be happy to set up as many maps as you want.
Awesome. If the maps are mostly set up when we roll in, that gives us more time to play, which makes up for the extra travel time to some extent.

Quote:
I have friends here that can set up some too. I know Ifstream has at least as much as I do if not more and he has already said he will set up some maps. He also has I think 2 lava sets.
Cool, if he comes by with his collection info then I can spitball that, too.

Quote:
I don't think we will need more than maybe 2 or 3 more from Denver and possibly not even that. The only problem with maps from here is most people here only have SOTM, DnD, Castle, and Marvel sets, so it just depends on how many of the other terrain types you want.
We could have one of them build Recessed Atrium.
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:55 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

This one looks interesting to me...

Map: Rise Up!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day