Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 21st, 2024, 03:40 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Community Prompts

COLONELS X-2000 by @kolakoski : I love the Guided Taser attack and the re-use of expendable rabble! The mini does feel like a goblin in a mech-suit rather than a soulborg, though. And I'm almost sure that thing isn't medium 5.

ZR-THETA X5005ON by @Anitar : Interesting use of "Range "minus" Special," I don't think I've seen that before. Super creative! Cyberjaw is just awesome on this mini, and I know I would have tons of fun exploiting it on a lava map. IDK if I'd have called the last power Deadly Guard, though.

THE ELDER by @SkyWhale : I love the way this design plays with Order Markers. Really cool assassin type unit that fits into multiple factions.

VOLTRON by @Shiftrex : I totally agree with Knox about this sculpt looking like a hybrid of the 12th and a soulborg. And I'm glad the Gladiatrons will finally attack something instead of being just meatshields metal-shields.

ZETTIAN OVERSEER by @Dysole : It seems we went similar paths on our designs. They feel very similar to the Hoplitrons in terms of stats and I like the Utgar 'borgs getting a similar screen. I only question the name. "Overseer" doesn't seem appropriate for cannon fodder.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old March 21st, 2024, 03:43 PM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Alright then. This is another design I had on the back burner for a while. They aren't soulborgs, but they synergize with them.
These guys absolutely OOZE with theme! Very cool
Old March 21st, 2024, 10:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thoughts

Yeah I think the unit itself was called Overseer and that just stuck in my head while I was spitballing powers as I was GIMPing up the mini. I think this is one of mine that needs a bit more refining time in the hopper.

As to having them be forced to target and take damage, given that 8K, 7K, Warden, and Executioner all lack explosion attacks, I wanted to give options that wasn't just hit your own dude.

~Dysole, mulling it over
Old March 21st, 2024, 11:17 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So the basic theme here was "freaky psychic robots." I tried to respect the basic Omnicron design principles of high efficiency, unexpectedly potent attacks for their stats, and the rare potentially crazy defensive power (hi Repulsors!) while filling empty niches in their army. In retrospect, the end results were different enough to be entirely separate units, but I'm leaving them as Jandar 'Crons to preserve the original design intentions.

Also, because these are old customs, you folks are receiving the bio I wrote for them.

Before the Soulborg uprising reshaped their world, Mariedian society flourished as a technological utopia. Accounts from Aquilla's soldiers describe numerous innovations to improve their people's lives in ways thought magical to the inhabitants of less-developed worlds. With only a few decades more time, the most optimistic of scientists even believed that the emerging field of psionics, which promised Mariedians the ability to directly link their brains to electronics and communicate at the speed of thought through the use of sophisticated implants and headsets, could eventually become a reality.

Of course, the progression of technology is not forgotten so easily. As the laboratories devoted to researching such wonders became foundries for the Omnicron models, the offer of psionics was eventually rediscovered and perfected within a frame of silicon, aluminum, and titanium. The limitation of the field was the need to work with the Mariedian brain, after all, but a brain built specifically for psionics might achieve feats thought impossible even by the Mariedians. Thus rose the Noocrons, a line of variant Omnicrons whose weapons and defenses alike are empowered by mental energy. Now with access to the diverse minds that exist across Valhalla, these unusual Soulborgs' capabilities have been amplified to prove deadly to even the strongest of Jandar's foes.

The figure used for this unit is a Warcaster: Neo Mechanika figure from the Empyrean Command Group set. The name of the figure is Daemon (Variant A). The figure's base is double-spaced.

Quote:
NAME = Psicron
GENERAL = JANDAR
PLANET = ALPHA PRIME
SPECIES = SOULBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EXPERIMENT
PERSONALITY = PRECISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 160

PSIONIC CLOAKING 9
Before an opposing player takes a turn with any Army Card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, Psicron is considered friendly to that player's figures until the next time any player reveals an Order Marker.

MATTER-WAVE DISRUPTOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Psicron may use its Matter-Wave Disruptor Special Attack up to two times in the same turn. Psicron must target a different figure with each attack. Defending figures subtract 1 from their Defense for each skull rolled with Matter-Wave Disruptor Special Attack.

The figures used for this unit are Warcaster: Neo Mechanika figures from the Empyreans Command Group set. The name of the figures is Saber Strike Force
Quote:
NAME = Noocron Slashers
GENERAL = JANDAR
PLANET = ALPHA PRIME
SPECIES = SOULBORGS
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD
CLASS = SLASHERS
PERSONALITY = PRECISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 125

THOUGHTFIELD BATTERIES
Start the game with 3 Psion Markers. Whenever an Order Marker is revealed on this Army Card or on a card with at least one non-Soulborg figure within 3 spaces of a Noocron Slasher you control, place one Psion Marker on this card. For each Psion Marker on this card, add 1 to the Noocron Slashers' Move and subtract 1 from their Defense.

PSYCHOKINETIC SLASH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 2.
Instead of attacking normally, any or all Noocron Slashers you control may use Psychokinetic Slash Special Attack.
If there are at least 2 Psion Markers on this card, each skull rolled counts for one additional hit.
If there are 3 Psion Markers on this card, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from the defending figure. All figures in these spaces are also affected by Psychokinetic Slash Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
At the end of their turn, remove 1 Psion Marker from this card for each Noocron Slasher that used Psychokinetic Slash Special Attack.
Old March 24th, 2024, 06:30 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Our community has some amazing designers! Thankyou to everyone that made a cool Soulborg in the last two weeks and special thanks to anyone that took the time to comment on wording, balance, or themes. Sometimes the biggest highlight of a custom creator's day is to know that someone read their stuff and thought about it enough to write a post.

Let's move onto the next round and keep designing all year!

Prompt for March 24th 2024

Theme: Music

Time to get musical. Your custom can be from any planet, any time period, and be any species but... it should use or be music themed somehow. This could be a siren from greek mythology, or a soulborg that uses concussive soundwaves to blast metallica, or barbarian that uses an axebladed guitar. The theme is loose, just incorporate music into the design in some way. Excited to see what everyone comes up with!

This prompt is due by: Midnight (Mountain Time) on April 6th 2024

Heroscapers that wish to be Mentioned when a Prompt goes live:
If you have a suggestion for a future prompt, please let me know via Personal Message here on the forum
Old March 25th, 2024, 02:29 AM

RogueScaper is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa RogueScaper is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

GRUT WAR POUNDER

RHYTHM OF WAR
After taking a turn with a Grut War Pounder, you may move every un-engaged Orc you control within 5 spaces of a Grut War Pounder up to 1 space for every revealed order marker on this card.

FERVOROUS DOWNBEAT
If any Orc you control within 5 Spaces of a Grut War Pounder attacks a figure and does not inflict a wound, you may reveal the "X" marker from this card to have that Orc attack again.

Orc
Common Hero
Brute
Dauntless
Large 7

1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
Attack 3
Defense 6

45 pts.
"On Grut, there are Orcs, born deformed, but exhibiting brutal strength, that are trained in the art of the War Pounder. They are trained to be steadfast, utterly fearless, and act as the veritable beating of the heart of war"
I wanted a unit to act as a sturdy, yet expendable, support for group movement, emulating the feeling of a horde marching in ranks until the pure chaos of battle takes over.

I do wonder if this makes setting up arrow grut pods too easy, but I feel like the lack of synergy and the amount of OM required to get the best use out of this guy levels it out.

Think Differently.
Check out my Youtube page here
Old March 25th, 2024, 09:11 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Just happen to have this lying around:

Old March 25th, 2024, 10:25 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So I'm genuinely not sure whether I'm being serious with this one. It started as not serious, but the mechanics of the powers might actually be intriguing on an enchantress type figure.

IDK.

Here it is.

Also, no mini.

I'll work on that, maybe.

But you know what this guy looks like.

Quote:
PHANTOM DE L'OPERA
Revna / Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Mastermind / Dominating / Medium 5
Life 4 / Move 6 / Range 1 / Attack 3 / Defense 3 / Points 150

MUSIC OF THE NIGHT
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Hero an opponent controls to ensnare with the Music of the Night. Phantom de l'Opera cannot attack the ensnared Hero and the ensnared Hero cannot attack the Phantom. Opponent’s figures other than the ensnared Hero roll one additional attack die against the Phantom. When the Phantom ends his turn within 6 clear-sight spaces of the ensnared Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, take a turn with the ensnared Hero. You control that hero for the duration of its turn. At the end of its turn, control of the ensnared Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure’s Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

VANISH 11 (From Isamu, with a different d20 roll)
If Phantom de l'Opera is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to vanish. If you roll 1-10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 11 or higher, the Phantom takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. The Phantom can vanish only if he ends his vanishing move not adjacent to any enemy figure.
I'll probably have a second (more serious?) submission for this prompt if I have time.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old March 25th, 2024, 11:15 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hahahaha

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPxRS6MV7c
I love this Vydar.

~Dysole, pretty sure that link is not what people are expecting
Old March 25th, 2024, 01:30 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The click-click-clicking of the gears. The tick-tick-ticking of the clock. Volarak's first foray into combat-capable automata is a simple yet beautiful thing, covered with artistic embellishments and moving in perfect time with the two-chambered mechanism that governs its magical core. HEART//BEAT is a symphony on legs that dances from one enemy to another, as each one falls to its drill in turn.

It's also extremely predictable, but that's what you get for powering your machine with gears instead of souls.

Quote:
HEART//BEAT (obverse side of the card)
Volarak

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2
80 points

AR-borg | Unique Hero | Construct | Majestic | Medium 4, not counting the drill bit

METRONOMY -TICK-
When placing Order Markers at the start of the round, you may use Metronomy. If you do, all Order Markers on Army Cards you control must remain on those Army Cards. During any round that you use Metronomy, HEART//BEAT adds 3 to its Attack and Defense numbers, and you must flip this Army Card at the end of each of its turns.

STEALTH DODGE
When HEART//BEAT rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.
Quote:
HEART//BEAT (reverse side of the card)
Volarak

Life 4
Move 4
Range 4
Attack 3
Defense 4
same points as the other side

AR-Borg | Unique Hero | Construct | Majestic | Medium 4

METRONOMY -TOCK-
When placing Order Markers at the start of the round, you may use Metronomy. If you do, all Order Markers on Army Cards you control must remain on those Army Cards. During any round that you use Metronomy, HEART//BEAT adds 2 to its Range and Attack numbers, and you must flip this Army Card at the end of each of its turns.

DISENGAGE

"Music" is a very broad prompt. HEART//BEAT may not sing or play an instrument, but its rhythm is one of the most fundamental components of euphonia.

Note 1: The "AR" in "AR-Borg" might be short for "Adapted & Refined", or for "ARCANE". Maybe both.

Note 2: If any of your OMs are not on Army Cards you control at the end of the previous round (either because they were removed or because the card is now dead), you can still re-place them without breaking Metronomy.
Old March 27th, 2024, 10:59 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker

Finally got around to making a custom for one of these prompts and came up with a design I'm quite happy with:

GOSK
Ullar / Toril / Lizardfolk / Unique Hero / Musician / Loyal / Medium 4
Life 4 / Move 5 / Range 1 / Attack 2 / Defense 3 / 60 Points

MUSICIAN TO THE LIZARD KING
At the start of the game, choose another Unique Lizardfolk Hero, or a Unique large or huge Dragon Hero you control, to be Gosk's Lizard King. Gosk must choose the same Lizard King as any Greenscale Warriors you control, if possible. Whenever Gosk's Lizard King moves, Gosk may move up to 4 spaces. Gosk must end his movement within 4 clear sight spaces of his Lizard King in order to use Musician to the Lizard King.

LIZARDFOLK BATTLE RHYTHM
Whenever a Lizardfolk figure within 4 spaces of Gosk is targeted by and takes no wounds from a normal or special attack, you may move that figure one space. That figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ROYAL SERVANT
Gosk may not be chosen as another figure's Lizard King.

Much as I enjoy playing Greenscales, I find them a lot more thematically interesting when they're paired with Zogross or Maekor as opposed to a dragon. After I found the mini that would become Gosk, I came up with the idea of a group of Greenscales forming up around their Lizard King, "dancing" to the rhythmic drumbeat of their loyal court musician as they fervently defended their leader. It reminded me of the Lizalfos from The Legend of Zelda, which made me love this design even more. Plus, the idea of Gosk lagging ever so slightly behind but providing the inspiration for his fellow Lizardfolk to press on was a fun flavor note that really ties everything together for me. Had a lot of fun with this prompt!
Old March 28th, 2024, 09:49 PM

VikingThyme is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Here’s what I have:

Name: Darkthorn Dryad
General: Ullar

Species: Dryad
Uniqueness: Common Hero
Class: Sentinel
Personality: Tricky
Size/Height: Medium 5

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

Forest Song 8
When an opponents figure starts it’s turn within 4 clear-sight spaces of a Darkthorn Dryad you control, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the affected figure must first use its normal movement to move at least one space closer to the nearest Darkthorn Dryad you control (it can then use the rest of its movement normally). Creatures affected by Forest Song 8 cannot make attacks against a Darkthorn Dryad this turn. Forest Song 8 does not affect soulborgs and dryads.

Tree Stride
If a Darkthorn Dryad ends her normal movement adjacent to an evergreen tree, you may immediately place her on an empty space adjacent to an evergreen tree within 10 spaces of the Darkthorn Dryad. If the Darkthorn Dryad is engaged before using Tree Stride, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

—-

I like how this turned out, but I’m not sure that Forest Song is as clear as it could be. The intention is that a figure influenced by the song needs to use the first part of their move to get one space closer to the Dryad, even if that means spending movement on climbing or taking opportunity attacks. After that initial approach, the figure is free to do what it likes, I.e it snapped out of the trance. It’s also supposed to prevent figures from using any form of special movement.

This sets up the Darkthorn Dryad to be an obnoxious control unit with mild self protection. Tree Stride lets her move among the trees, getting out of danger once the enemy has been thoroughly distracted, or moving to the action to disrupt opponent positioning.

No miniature yet, I need to find an easy way of uploading images.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards