Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 17th, 2022, 10:29 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Another feature request would be to track players records over time and be able to build an Elo score or the like.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 17th, 2022, 01:32 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's pretty typical in sports, like golf, for players to be able to report their own results. If something gets messed up, which I've seen in disc golf, the tournament director can adjust a score after the fact.

Chris, I think that setup (player input; gm override) might be the most TD-friendly way it could work.
Fyi, this is already done.

What's supported today is:
1) Either player can submit the result from their game
2) Admins (TDs) can submit the result for any game (think if a player doesn't have a phone on them and needs someone to submit for them)
3) Admins (TDs) can correct the result from any game

(2) was E2 & (3) was E4 from the list of enhancements in the 2nd post; both were implemented earlier this month.

I haven't been posting a new post on here every time I add something (cause it's every few days, and I thought that many posts would be annoying) but the Enhancement / Bug lists in the 2nd post should be accurate.
Old October 17th, 2022, 01:38 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Another feature request would be to track players records over time and be able to build an Elo score or the like.
Record tracking over time is easy; all results are being saved perpetually.

I've implemented a league & season tracking feature, where I'm defining league as some geographic proximity and season as some temporal range. There isn't a ton there yet, but I've done both for New England, albeit only with 1 tournament worth of results. They should look a little more interesting after the next tournament on Nov. 5th.

Ex:
https://heroscape.org/league/?League=1
https://heroscape.org/season/?Season=1

As far as ELO goes (or some other similar type of metric), I'm sure that could be added at some point, although I'd probably want to wait a little while so I have a larger sample size of data to work with.

Do you know of any examples of ELO-type leaderboards from other websites / groups / etc. that I could use as an example to base ideas off of?
Old October 17th, 2022, 01:48 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Colorado group is looking into braacket.com; you can see our page here. It seems to be blocked from my office, though.

--
--
--

--
Old October 17th, 2022, 03:05 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mebbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Record tracking over time is easy; all results are being saved perpetually.

I've implemented a league & season tracking feature, where I'm defining league as some geographic proximity and season as some temporal range. There isn't a ton there yet, but I've done both for New England, albeit only with 1 tournament worth of results. They should look a little more interesting after the next tournament on Nov. 5th.

Ex:
https://heroscape.org/league/?League=1
https://heroscape.org/season/?Season=1

As far as ELO goes (or some other similar type of metric), I'm sure that could be added at some point, although I'd probably want to wait a little while so I have a larger sample size of data to work with.

Do you know of any examples of ELO-type leaderboards from other websites / groups / etc. that I could use as an example to base ideas off of?
OHS has something in our system that is like ELO but slightly different.

~Dysole, who only kinda understands how it works
Old October 17th, 2022, 03:13 PM

Right, OHS uses TrueSkill. I don't actually care about the particular system used as long as it accounts for strength of opponent (and how that changes over time).

--
--
--

--
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:03 PM

These are must-have features for Colorado's winter event in early December:
Quote:
E5 : Admin manually change pairings after generation
E9 : Convention attendee able to un-register
E21 : Allow late sign-ups for tournaments (if tournament allows)
And this one is not must-have for that event but would be pretty nice:
Quote:
E17 : Export standings from a tournament
We will be doing a multiplayer event early next year, so those features would be nice also.

For whatever all of that is worth to you in terms of prioritizing things

--
--
--

--
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:08 PM

Also, I think I set up a tournament just now for the Winter Throwdown event... and I can't find it on the site after creating it

--
--
--

--
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Also, I think I set up a tournament just now for the Winter Throwdown event... and I can't find it on the site after creating it
It didn't create the tournament because your account's email is not verified yet; you should have gotten an email with a verification link (check your spam folder).

However, you also shouldn't have been able to log into the site without your account being verified, and logging in is required to create a tournament, so something went wrong there.

Did you explicitly log-in after creating your account, or were you automatically logged in when you created the account?
Old October 18th, 2022, 10:18 PM

I went to the email and clicked the verify link, then created the tournament from there.

The email validation landing page had an error at the top about an ID but then also had a message saying it was successful.

--
--
--

--
Old October 19th, 2022, 02:37 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

This is a great builder tool. Makes drafting up an army on the fly pretty easy. I think next time my brother's come out to my place for a heroscape drafted game, we will use this.
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I went to the email and clicked the verify link, then created the tournament from there.

The email validation landing page had an error at the top about an ID but then also had a message saying it was successful.
I followed-up with caps separately from this thread, and I --believe-- this issue is now resolved.

There was a bug that had caused caps' account to not get properly verified via the emailed link, which is what caused more problems for caps down the line. That bug --should-- no longer be there.

So, if you're seeing this and created your account before this message and are having issues, try clicking your verify link again. If you don't have access to it anymore (deleted email), send me a PM with your username on Heroscape.org and I can manually verify your account.

Sorry for any hassle this has caused, but hopefully it's fixed moving forward.

And thanks to @caps for forwarding me some info I needed to debug the issue.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software