Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
2011 NHSD Attendence

I’ve been scanning the various threads on the NHSD tournaments and glad to see the numbers are still up. I was a little concerned and didn’t know what to expect after the rough year we had with the rumors and facts that came out about since 2010 HHSD. I was not sure how many to plan for and I hate to say I was even expecting the numbers to be down…. However I am happy to say that was not the case at the Tree Town Open….. as we hit a new of 64 warriors.

I see Inianapolis also had similar news !

Originally Posted by worldsenemy
We had 30 people and it was a record breaker for us! ....................

This is great news! . I hope more NHSD events can also report similar news.

Please post here if you had an increase in attendece or what ever attendence news you would like to share .... obviously Heroscape is not dead.

64 .... Tree Town Open VII ( attendence record )
30 .... 2011 NHSD Indianapolis ( attendence record )
22 .... 3rd annual Rocky Mountain Rumble ( attendence record )
22 .... Peoria IL ( attendence record )

Tournaments that maintained their numbers:
22-24 ... Seatle
20-24 ... Bay Area Brawl

Aprox 5 tournaments had a drop numbers.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Last edited by Codeman; November 5th, 2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Update events
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: 2011 NHSD Attendence

22 for the 3rd annual Rocky Mountain Rumble was an attendance record.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:40 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

There were 22 of us playing in Peoria. Not sure if it was a record...
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I don't know exactly how many were at the VT event, but it was about 22 and that seems to be the fashionable choice, so let's go with that.

I'm sure Scapemage will be along with something more accurate soon enough.

Not a record, I don't think, but this is less central venue for our area compared to previous New England NHSD events.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:18 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

26 for Utah, way down from 40+.

Partially due to a more distant location, mostly due to school conflicts.
It's tough as a TD watching attendees drop like flies the last week, like it's my responsibility for not delivering expected numbers. Even stalwart players dropped at the last minute, dropping us under 30.

However, we did have nine new players this time around.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

we we're down too.

21 for Hexes in Texas

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Michigan was also down and we had a few no shows...10 attended.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Also, I started a thread that collected some initial comments on NHSD events, including

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Happy 'Scaper View Post
...Best day of my life- so far!...
There's more to NHSD than numbers.
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:01 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Also, I started a thread that collected some initial comments on NHSD events, including

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Happy 'Scaper View Post
...Best day of my life- so far!...
There's more to NHSD than numbers.
I agree.... however as I said above, with the year we have had I didn't know what to expect. I was surprize when it looked like our numbers were going to be holding their own and then on Saturday to find out we even gained attendence. I took that as very good news for HS in general.

You have seen all the doom and gloom threads about people leaving HS ... it is the greatest game ever, and I just couldn't understand how people can walk away from it ... and in several cases it looks like they have not.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:35 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

We had 22 this year in Seattle.

Last year was 24.

If we take out the 6 players that made the trek from Portland and Vancouver, WA .. we were down by about 25%.

Peace,
*Kai
Old October 25th, 2011, 02:52 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

We were up from last year by almost ten players. We had a group of 6 from KY. Grand total of 30. It was a very nice event and everyone had a great time.

I'm just sayin.
Old October 25th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Sadly Ohio was way down.
2010= 44
2011= 22

There was some confusion around the planning, and I know some people wanted to go but had scheduling problems. Although the number of attendees was down, the AWESOME was right on target nonetheless.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day