Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 12th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
South Florida National Heroscape Day - 11/12

It's a little bit late (sorry for all my scheduling conflicts in October), but Nov. 12 will be South Florida's official National Heroscape Day Tournament!

What: Swiss-style Heroscape Tournament with Final Four (and Reverse the Whip?--see below)

Why: National Heroscape Day!

When: Saturday, November 12, 11am-6pm

Where: CoolStuff in South Florida

5655 S. University Dr.
Davie, FL 33328

954-680-3929

$5 entry fee (goes to winnings pot for in-store credit)

475 point armies; no Marvel

24 space start zones

Maps

Bad Moon Rising (newest BoV inductee) (BftU x2, FotA)

Fulcrum (RotV, TJ)

Ticalla Sunrise (SotM, TJ)

Burial Marsh (SotM, BftU, RttFF)

Possible Maps (any favorites in here?):

Highways and Dieways or Flash Fire (RotV, RttFF x2)
Embattled Fen (SotM, FotA)
If you can't take the heat (SotM, VW, TJ)
Blackroot (SotM, RttFF x2)
Quasatch Playground (RotV, TJ x2)

(All available in the BoV Display Thread.)

More details:

50 min. Swiss rounds; 4-people final (with partial point totals for unfinished matches (i.e. at 50 min. the games will be called, units will be tabulated using the "Fractional Scoring" Rules in GrungeBob's Tourney Rules.)

Question: How would you all feel about a Reverse the Whip! format (like GenCon)?

Here's the blurb for how we'd do it:

Reverse the Whip!!

Final Four players bring the same army they played during the Swiss rounds. Players will then switch armies with their opponent for every match of the Final Four.

Can you beat the army that got you to the Final Four? two times in a row? Others will be using your figures and cards; if you don’t want people touching your stuff, do not play in this event.

Rough Schedule:
(9:00-10:30 - Set-up)
11:00-11:30 - Arrive, register, receive first map assignment (please be on time)
11:30-12:20 - First Round
12:30-1:20 - Second Round
1:30-2:20 - Third Round
2:30-3:20 - Fourth Round
3:30-4:00 - Score tabulations (4 semi-finalists determined), general prizes awarded, break for snacks/food
4:00-4:50 - Semi-Finals (Fifth Round for all others interested)
5:00-5:50 - Finals (free play for everyone else)
6:00-6:30+ - Prizes, takedown, etc.

Glyphs:
Unique Attack +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1
Healing
Wound

Treasure Glyphs:
Attack +1
Defense +1
Healing

Prizes:
1 Fortress of the Archkyrie (thanks to R˙chean!)
3 Marvel Master Sets (thanks to R˙chean!)
3 Full D1 Waves (thanks to Troll and Toad!)
And CoolStuff has some surprise prizes lined up as well!

RSVPs so far:
NavySeal +1
Mmirg's Princess
Mmirg (+1)
Grail
WinterIsComing (+1, maybe more)
GGGames (2, maybe more)
Roderick2012 +1?
Blue Dane
skyknight?
tomvasel

Last edited by 1Mmirg; November 9th, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart
Re: South Florida National Heroscape Day - 11/5

I'll have Mag's with me so you can give me a +1 for now. The boys will depend on their playoff schedule which I won't know for some time. I'll see if a neighbor or two want to join and let you know too.

All the Likely maps look fine to me. From the possible maps I really enjoy Highways and Dieways.

Can you post a link describing what the reverse whip is all about?

Thanks

Valar Morghulis
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I love Highways. We could add that one in, I think.

Here is the Reverse the Whip (based on GenCon):

Reverse the Whip!!

Final Four players bring the same army they played during the Swiss rounds. Players will then switch armies with their opponent for every match of the Final Four.

Can you beat the army that got you to the Final Four? two times in a row? Others will be using your figures and cards; if you don’t want people touching your stuff, do not play in this event.

The idea is that whatever you used to reach the finals, now you have to play against.

So glad you and Mags can come. Let me know if you can get any others--it'll be great to get together again!
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Adrian Monk

I added a Facebook page for the event, since I know that most of you guys are on there more than here. Here is a link.

What do you all think about Reverse the Whip!? Thumbs up, thumbs down?

And please RSVP if you can come, trying to sort out details...

Last edited by 1Mmirg; September 19th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM

GGGames is surprisingly tart

Yes we are in for 2 players with a possible 3rd. Love the idea of reverse the whip. Can't wait to play..
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Adrian Monk

Okay, so it looks like we have about 9 committed and about 16 or so that "might come" and several that just haven't responded.

If we can hit 12 committed attendees this will help a lot with prize support. If you're on the fence, please, look at your calendar, make a change if needed, and commit to coming.

You know it's the only right thing to do.
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

You guys have fun!

Last edited by Lord Trask; September 26th, 2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Cuz this is in SOUTH Florida.
Old September 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM

Samuel Brown is invited right?

He is an official figure or not?

Valar Morghulis

Last edited by WinterIsComing; September 29th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Adrian Monk

Yes, absolutely. Sam Brown is as official as Skahen or any other promotional unit.
Old October 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Adrian Monk

Alright, something has come up, so I have to ask--Is there any way that those planning on coming (or not currently able to) would be able to do this event on November 12? One week later that currently planned?

I'm working to move to that date, based on what I've heard so far from people, but I want to give everyone a chance to speak up--is anyone not able to come on the 12th, who was able to come on the 5th?
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:48 PM

V, after talking to my wife and getting the playoff schedule for both boys, I might have an issue with the 12th. The second Championship game for both of them are scheduled for that day. If either one of there teams go all the way to the Championship and need to play that second game, I'm not going to be able to make it.

It's possible they don't go all the way or that only one Championship game is needed. But just in case I wanted to let you know.

Valar Morghulis
Old October 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
V, after talking to my wife and getting the playoff schedule for both boys, I might have an issue with the 12th. The second Championship game for both of them are scheduled for that day. If either one of there teams go all the way to the Championship and need to play that second game, I'm not going to be able to make it.

It's possible they don't go all the way or that only one Championship game is needed. But just in case I wanted to let you know.
Hmm. So, maybe we'll stick to the 5th after all. Sounds like we lose more than we gain, from what I'm hearing now. I'll keep listening to responses, but it sounds like we're leaning back to the 5th.

BTW, if we do the 5th, will your daughter be able to join us? Or do we lose her?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day