Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Whatever happend to.............

But what game companies could buy it?

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:02 AM

Bugbearsdad is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I heard from a good authority that Hasbro's policy is not to sell any line they have cancelled just in case there is a comeback. They held on to Transformers for a long time and are now reaping the benefits of the comeback. Now chances are slim Heroscape will make a come back like Transformers so the only light at the end of the tunnel is for Hasbro to sell the entire WOTC line. That will only happen when Magic the Gathering is no longer profitable. MTG is really the only reason Hasbro bought WOTC, they had no desire whatsoever to get into pen and paper game or miniature game publishing.

Chris

"Money always wins over Scotland"
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Anyone who knows cannot say. Thus it was and is and will be.
If we pull teeth and cut off pinky fingers, anyone will talk!

(I just finished watching Reservoir Dogs. )
It is true; they WILL talk...they will lie, though, for as long as they can.

I agree that anyone who knows cannot say anything. Which is why I think that the original rumors were just that - rumors. Because if someone knew that HeroScape was going to be sold, they would not have been able to say anything about it.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
Lego? Surely you jest. I really can't see Lego putting out a non-Lego related thing.

This is probably going to feed the rumor mill, but before they hit upon the bricks, Lego produced a wide range of toy products including rattles and toy cars. Their video games are a big success, I even have a Lego suitcase and bedsheet set. The company has dabbled in clothing and even worked with Ford Motor Co to produce a concept for more family friendly minivan, complete with upgraded safety features and play areas.

While I'm not saying that Lego would buy Heroscape, they have shown that they are willing to purchase the rights to others' intellectual properties. And we're talking about building landscapes here, right up Lego's alley.

Lastly, and my reason to think that they won't really buy 'Scape...
Heroica.
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Should Lego buy out Heroscape, this is what a reprint of Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan would look like.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:17 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Should Lego buy out Heroscape, this is what a reprint of Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan would look like.

Spoiler Alert!
That would be James Murphy,He's the guy with the whip and hat.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 17th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post

Spoiler Alert!
That would be James Murphy,He's the guy with the whip and hat.
We called the dog James.
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

TRANSCRIPTION OF RECENT TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN CHAS AND "DEEP SCAPE" (DS):

Chas: Listen, pal, I'm not sending you any more checks! So far you haven't been able to find out anything I asked you for. The unpublished Army Cards for Marvel Expansion #1. The Cooperative Scape Rules for the last unpublished scenario. The first expansion set for Battleship Galaxies. And now, after a year, nothing about the sale of Heroscape from Hasbro to another company. What am I paying you for, you phony shamus?

DS: Its not easy to crack these bums. Who thought they'd be so loyal about their Nondisclosure Agreements? We've offered them twice the pittance they're making at those crummy game companies. But its no dice, Jack. They've all kept mum! Some of them actually seemed scared when I asked them. But I did finally get some news about the companies that are interested in buying Heroscape, from outside sources.

Chas: Well, its about time.

DS: Wait a minute. Three really big guys just showed up here in the office. Can I help you, gentlemen?

Low Voice: Get off da phone, gumshoe! Your days of informing are over. Take this... (Sound of three shots: Blammo! Blammo! Blammo! Sound of body falling).

DS: Boss, they got me. The names of the companies are...are...

Chas: Yes..? Hello..?

Low Voice: Sorry, wrong number! (Phone disconnects).

Chas: Gaming. Its a dirty business. It means big bucks to some people. People you just don't want to know. And more importantly, you don't want them to know who you are. That's why I call myself "Chas." Stay safe, pilgrim.

Last edited by chas; September 18th, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:17 AM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
TRANSCRIPTION OF RECENT TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN CHAS AND "DEEP SCAPE" (DS):

Chas: Listen, pal, I'm not sending you any more checks! So far you haven't been able to find out anything I asked you for. The unpublished Army Cards for Marvel Expansion #1. The Cooperative Scape Rules for the last unpublished scenario. The first expansion set for Battleship Galaxies. And now, after a year, nothing about the sale of Heroscape from Hasbro to another company. What am I paying you for, you phony shamus?

DS: Its not easy to crack these bums. Who thought they'd be so loyal about their Nondisclosure Agreements? We've offered them twice the pittance they're making at those crummy game companies. But its no dice, Jack. They've all kept mum! Some of them actually seemed scared when I asked them. But I did finally get some news about the companies that are interested in buying Heroscape, from outside sources.

Chas: Well, its about time.

DS: Wait a minute. Three really big guys just showed up here in the office. Can I help you, gentlemen?

Low Voice: Get off da phone, gumshoe! Your days of informing are over. Take this... (Sound of three shots: Blammo! Blammo! Blammo! Sound of body falling).

DS: Boss, they got me. The names of the companies are...are...

Chas: Yes..? Hello..?

Low Voice: Sorry, wrong number! (Phone disconnects).

Chas: Gaming. Its a dirty business. It means big bucks to some people. People you just don't want to know. And more importantly, you don't want them to know who you are. That's why I call myself "Chas." Stay safe, pilgrim.
That's me laughing at my brothers' reaction. I wish.

Old September 18th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Power Ball here in Maryland is up to 58 million. If I win, scape is mine. I'm sure Hasbro and I can come to an agreement.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

I have 201 dollars in cash, and abbout 40 owed to me. And I'm only 13.

Old September 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Company acquisition takes a long time. Its a very slow process. Lots of red tape. It's probably decently likely that something is in the works, but we obviously can't know about it for a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News