Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2008, 03:57 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Re: NEWS: No Prize Support For NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Question for the group....why are any of you shocked by this turn of events?
I am not shocked. I am just... disappointed some more. Again, our event is still going with or without WotC support, because we plan doing it with out own hands. It is the way WotC treats us. Just a little something with some "sorry the transition is still new so we can't plan anything great for you guys, but here are 30 Skahens/posters for the 30 registered events as a way to tell you how much we appreciate your support!" would be nice.
That's why I appreciate the work that people put out around here. They CARE about the community. And don't tell me this is only a small community, so why WotC must do anything for it. At least this is the most active, hardcore and faithful Heroscape community. The Heroscape team tried really hard to bring all of us together. Now WotC are simply throwing it away .

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
hold a gun to the heads of them.
What he said

(its right after I was quoted. maybe a little out of context)

Still we dont have prize support

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:08 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
There is one more option.

I dont know if I would recommend it but we could do it.

Have everyone at heroscapers send a letter(email) to WotC and complain about the lack of customer support, and the misleading advertising that WotC gave as they took over heroscape. Also complain then about the way they up and dropped NHSD after it has been an event for so long. (before I ever came a member.)
I think someone should start a petition here and try and get WotC to take a closer look at the fan base this game really has. Maybe they need a swift kick in the...whatever to get things rolling.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Fine you win.
YEAH I WIN!!!!!!!!

Too bad there's no prize support
I lol'd...

Old September 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Quote:
There is one more option.

I dont know if I would recommend it but we could do it.

Have everyone at heroscapers send a letter(email) to WotC and complain about the lack of customer support, and the misleading advertising that WotC gave as they took over heroscape. Also complain then about the way they up and dropped NHSD after it has been an event for so long. (before I ever came a member.)
I think someone should start a petition here and try and get WotC to take a closer look at the fan base this game really has. Maybe they need a swift kick in the...whatever to get things rolling.
Or perhaps they will say..."oh well" and just drop the line all together.
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

I wouldn't be surprised...

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a feeling we will hear about a discontinuation directly after Christmas. I think they will keep it out that long to clear the shelves but beyond that I am starting to think everything else is wishful thinking. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but things are really starting to not look so hot to be honest. I do not have any solid information to lead me to this conclusion other than the huge lack of attention but it is more of a feeling I guess....the problem is all to often my gut feelings are correct.

It kinda sucks that I am starting to see things this way
Old September 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sky, I am definitely feeling the same way. WotC is treating HeroScape pretty much like the cliché of the redheaded stepchild ...

As for prize support ... Oh, well. NHSD was an invention of this community that Hasbro was nice enough to send product to. If WotC doesn't care to do so that's up to them. I go to NHSD not for the swag but to play the freakin' game!

As to the DCI registry, I couldn't give a rat's booty. I do not play the game to win it, I play to have fun. The NorCal Group started saving stats and I refused to be included. I don't want pressure to win because then that becomes the object of the game. If I were to actually win every game I played to become the top player every time I would simply quit because if that were the case I am absolutely sure I would no longer be having fun. And to me, fun is the point of any game.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, it would be great if we got more support. Yes, it would be great if we got Waves more often, or if more retailers carried the product we love.

But, I think it's a mistake to refuse to use the DCI ranking system to attempt to "punish" Wizards for not giving us free prizes. Or to ignore it because it's for "elitists", or "hardcore players only".

High level decisions will be made based on the perception of Herosape's popularity. Signed and numbered DCI cards are going to mean a lot more to the Wizards big wigs than all the internet forums in the world. If Heroscape is to survive, then we need to show them that a lot of people play it.

DCI is one of the best tools at our disposal for sending a message to Wizards about how popular their game really is. In DCI, we have the ability to factually represent the amount of times we play and how many people are involved. What better way to show Wizards how much their game is loved than by essentially telling them every time we play in an organized fashion?

Old September 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

They should already realize how much better we are then some of other lines. Those of us who were at GenCon can attest that we had more players in our first event than they had for all 4 days of Axis and Allies minis.
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Two questions:

1) Is there a real possibility, as Sky said, that they might be heading toward a discontinuation of HS? Do any of those in the know know?

2) Do games like this ever get bought out by another company? Does that kind of thing happen in this industry?

(Okay, so that was like 4 questions)

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
I have a feeling we will hear about a discontinuation directly after Christmas.
Based on what? I would be seriously surprised if the game was cancelled, considering we've heard sales for waves 8 and 8.5 have been much better than expected and a reprint of wave 2 is in the works, as well as wave 9. You don't kill something that makes more money than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Two questions:

1) Is there a real possibility, as Sky said, that they might be heading toward a discontinuation of HS? Do any of those in the know know?

2) Do games like this ever get bought out by another company? Does that kind of thing happen in this industry?

(Okay, so that was like 4 questions)
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) No

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day