Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 18th, 2008, 05:14 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
So yes, congrats to the Celts. But next year, Lakers beat the Celts during the regular season, and in the finals should they meet... considering the Lakers play with their WHOLE roster. And I'm not trying to bash Boston. But there is no way they hang with Bynum in the middle, Pau at his TRUE position of forward, Odom at forward, and Kobe and Fish in the back, with the bench more cohesive than ever.
The Celts probably have about a window of 2 to 3 more years before the big 3 become the too old and too expensive 3. The Lakers window should be at least that, probably a few years longer. Heres the problem that I have with your statement. Yes the Lakers will be better with Bynum back (as I had already mentioned in a previous post), but there was a huge problem that I saw in that game. They are quitters. They gave up midway through the 3rd quarter and basically handed the C's the game. They stopped even making an attempt at defense and were just waiting for the game to be over. Even Kobe was just going through the motions. They are going to have to get tougher physically (Bynum maybe tough, but he won't change Gasol or Odom) and especially mentally. Bryant and Fisher are tough, I just do not see any other tough players on that team. Having said that, they certainly have a team that should contend for a championship for a long time, and if they should get the mental and physical toughness that they need, then they should definately have some rings in their future.
I was stunned by the game. I thought the C's would win, but I never would have imagined that type of blowout.
Hopefully now KG loses the label of a choker in big games. He was a stud.
If Rondo ever develops a consistent jumper he could be a top 5 point guard. He does everything else well, he just needs to make people pay for leaving him open. He hit a couple, but he should hit more than he does.
Great season for the Celtics. #17 coming home where it belongs.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, I was a little upset last night to be making such bold claims.

No, Bynum coming back is not the 'cure-all' for the Lakers woes. You're right in saying that they quit last night, though I wouldn't necessarily call them quitters. They were down a large sum in Game 2, and almost came back to take that game. 'Almost' being the key word here.

However, Bynum will cause match-up problems in that he is a lot more physical than Pau, who was playing out of position at center. No, Pau is not a bruiser by any means. But both he and Lamar have amazing versatility in their passing game. We saw a lot of this when Pau first got to LA with he and LO running an often deadly two man game. Throw Bynum into that mix, who can go up and catch lobs with the best of them, and that is a front court with a lot of options.

They need to do something about Vlad Rad's inconsistency, both on the offensive and defensive end.

KG getting labeled as a choker was truly unfair. Peter Vescey wrote the article the announcers were referring to last night, where he was called the, 'Counterfeit Ticket.' Whatever. There is no player more legit in the NBA than KG. It's easy to toss negativity his way when all the other seasons you have to compare his Play-off experience with, he was in 'Sota. And even then, his stat sheet reads 20-10-5.

The Celtics do have a good chance of repeating next year, as much as it pains me to say it. Young players now with great play-off experience, and a solid core of vets in the starting line-up and on the bench. Unless something major happens, like losing KG for the season, they're going to be the team to beat in the East next year.

Congrats to your team, SpidySox. Very well done. And here's to looking to next year!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Congrats to your team, SpidySox. Very well done. And here's to looking to next year!
Thanks. I know that my fanhood was a huge part of their success . I am already looking forward to another year. I would love to see the same two teams go at each other again in the finals next year and I would love them to both be at full strength. You are right in saying that the Celts should be the favorites in the east, I don't think that is much of a question. You know what you will get from the big 3, and Rondo and Perkins should continue to improve. Plus if Posey and House can play the way they did in the finals then their bench should still be solid. Plus I think that Doc proved that he was a pretty good coach after all.
Thanks again hextr1p, hope we can do this again next season .

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Has anyone ever heard the name, 'Brittney Griner'?

Yeah, I think the above emoticon pretty much says it all.

Old June 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Has anyone ever heard the name, 'Brittney Griner'?

Yeah, I think the above emoticon pretty much says it all.
amazing. But one question. And I do not mean to sound like a sexist pig or anything, but are we sure that's a girl?

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
But one question. And I do not mean to sound like a sexist pig or anything, but are we sure that's a girl?
You don't sound sexist at all. I first watched the other clip of her on YouTube with the sound turned down. As the clip was playing out, I was telling myself, "Okay, as soon as this guy is finished dunking, the girl will come in and dunk the ball, too."

Then the clip ended, and it hit me: that guy WAS the girl!

I'm also not meaning to sound sexist in any way. But the way the girl moved seemed a lot more masculine then it did feminine. And I've watched a lot of girls play ball, and none of them move like Brittney Grines. She has the mannerisms and motions of a male. Perhaps she has extremely high levels of testosterone in her body. Regardless, her throwing down with two hands and hanging on the rim for the power-dunk pose has to make a lot of people go, "Hmmmmmm..."

Old June 26th, 2008, 10:18 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation

Did you hear her voice? It was as deep as most guys in the NBA! That's crazy! Oh yeah, have you heard of Candace Parker? She's in the WNBA and anyway, I was on msn.com and I was looking at the sports headlines and it said she's dunked it in two games in a row. I think the only other person to dunk it was Lisa Leslie. That's pretty amazing that that league has only seen one person dunk it, and now Candace Parker comes in and dunks it two games in a row.

Old October 30th, 2008, 06:11 AM

It's time to talk NBA 2008-2009.

After watching my Celtics win their first championship in 22 years I am ready to watch them repeat. They are the best team in the eastern conference and should easily get back to the finals. I wouldn't be surprised to see them play the lakers again too, I'll post my playoff picks later.

Old October 30th, 2008, 07:44 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation

I like the Cavs vs. Hornets prediction...but perhaps I'm unduly influenced by Bill Simmons who it is readily apparent is simply attempting a reverse jinx

Hard to take anything from the Nuggets' 94-98 loss to the Jazz @ SLC. No Williams, no Anthony. I won't stop from using it to get used to low expectations this year though

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

For as much of a playmaker as Williams is, I'd say the Nuggets hurt from missing Melo more than the Jazz hurt from missing Williams.
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hell, Isiah Thomas is gone so that's all I care about. We just need to get rid of Marbury and New York can start playing some basketball again.
Old October 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Think New York's got it bad? We Bucks fans are in an eternal coma right now. At least the Knicks got D'Antoni. Milwaukee's got nothing.

For the record, I love the Celtics chances to repeat this year. I had fun watching them last year, and they've given me no reason to believe they can't repeat.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV