Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old January 24th, 2023, 01:28 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon III: August 9-13, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
We're also doing away with the prize wall. We'll raffle off some other stuff at Saturday dinner.
could you elaborate? Does this mean no prizes? or are prizes going to be in a different format? i.e. are expenses so much more this year that prizes were the area that needed to be cut from the budget?

Curious, because if prizes are an issue, than maybe we can get community members to come together and help support the effort. Not that prizes HAVE to be a part of the experience...but admittedly it IS very nice to "fight for something" and be excited about what there is to win.

EDIT: also raffle seems a bit of an odd way to reward performance.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 24th, 2023, 01:52 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
We're also doing away with the prize wall. We'll raffle off some other stuff at Saturday dinner.
could you elaborate? Does this mean no prizes? or are prizes going to be in a different format? i.e. are expenses so much more this year that prizes were the area that needed to be cut from the budget?

Curious, because if prizes are an issue, than maybe we can get community members to come together and help support the effort. Not that prizes HAVE to be a part of the experience...but admittedly it IS very nice to "fight for something" and be excited about what there is to win.

The only thing being removed is the prize wall. It isn't an economic decision- it's purely logistical. We may reinstate it in the future, but we're doing away with it for this year. We'll raffle off a few things that people may want just for fun.

All attendees will still receive a t-shirt and some number of alt-art cards for showing up as door prizes. Top finishers and winners of events will still get dice, order markers, and/or trophies- specifics to be announced at a later date.
Old January 24th, 2023, 02:51 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The only thing being removed is the prize wall. It isn't an economic decision- it's purely logistical. We may reinstate it in the future, but we're doing away with it for this year. We'll raffle off a few things that people may want just for fun.

All attendees will still receive a t-shirt and some number of alt-art cards for showing up as door prizes. Top finishers and winners of events will still get dice, order markers, and/or trophies- specifics to be announced at a later date.
Gotcha. Admittedly, it did get a bit "messy" at times I'm sure as for when people could grab prizes and who was there to facilitate it etc.

In regards to general prizes though...could you still maybe prep a Prize Table for those who would like to donate? Like, I'd probably - and I'm sure others would to - be fine with donating some things? Or is that the idea of the Raffle?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 24th, 2023, 02:56 AM

Also, in regards to the announcement...it sounds dope! Really interested to see how tourneys will "pan out".

That is, I'm hoping the logistics will still allow for those who didn't make the Top Cut to still participate in other tourneys and/or those who lose R1 of the top cut can still get in on other tourneys.

Also, not sure if others have mentioned this...but other competitive/similar games have a "ban system" for maps played. I think it might be worth considering for JUST the world championship format. That is, I think it's worth giving 5min at the beginning of each round for map selection to occur. Or maybe you only do it for the Quarters, Semis and Final?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 24th, 2023, 05:02 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Also, in regards to the announcement...it sounds dope! Really interested to see how tourneys will "pan out".

That is, I'm hoping the logistics will still allow for those who didn't make the Top Cut to still participate in other tourneys and/or those who lose R1 of the top cut can still get in on other tourneys.
We're working out the best way to accommodate this, but everyone (except Top 4 of each main event) will be able to play in at least 2 events a day.

Quote:
Also, not sure if others have mentioned this...but other competitive/similar games have a "ban system" for maps played. I think it might be worth considering for JUST the world championship format. That is, I think it's worth giving 5min at the beginning of each round for map selection to occur. Or maybe you only do it for the Quarters, Semis and Final?
We'll definitely do it for the finals of each main event and the Championship! Maybe the semis too, but we're still working some things out.
Old January 24th, 2023, 05:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Prize Wall Announcement

We appreciate all the feedback we've received over the past 24 hours. Several people expressed disappointment over the removal of the prize wall, so we think we've figured out a way to still have it without it being too much work or taking up too much space.

The Prize Wall will be open on Saturday night after dinner. Your overall record will be tracked on heroscape.org, and you'll be able to redeem your record for prizes at that time. More details to follow.

Please note that this will be the only time it is open, and we are not distributing physical prize wall tickets anymore.

As such, donations to the Prize Wall will be accepted. Thank you to those who have graciously offered to donate something!
Old January 24th, 2023, 07:00 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry I haven't posed in FOREVER, but if there is still room I would like to go - add me to waitlist. Haven't read this thread in its entirety but any way to get more room to add more, as quite a long waitlist
Old January 24th, 2023, 10:13 PM

Sounds great! Thanks for the updates!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 25th, 2023, 10:50 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Sorry I haven't posed in FOREVER, but if there is still room I would like to go - add me to waitlist. Haven't read this thread in its entirety but any way to get more room to add more, as quite a long waitlist
Hotel cap is 72 (that's a hard cap) and we are making a lot of adjustments to run the Con with that many people. If you remember from when you attended ScapeCon I, we only had 39 attendees. Now we will be almost double that number.

There are several people working hard behind the scenes to address issues that occurred last year when attendance was 53. Hotel staff has been phenomenal in working with us to maximize the space available to us this year. And the hotel has agreed to hold the menu prices from last year.

OEAO and crew have been diligently working on event formats, ballroom layout, prizes, trophies, maps, T-Shirts (Mr. Wookie has outdone himself this year), etc.

We appreciate all of your suggestions, particularly from past attendees who are familiar with the ballroom space and the vibe that we have tried to create. We will be reaching out ahead of time for help at the Con with various aspects of the Con.
Old January 25th, 2023, 01:50 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a prize for the person who travelled the farthest? That seems like something I could win. he he
This is all looking awesome.

With more people, and limited room, will there still be room to play other games? Will any quick dexterity games be left up - or is space going to be an issue?

Thanks

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old January 25th, 2023, 02:17 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Is there a prize for the person who travelled the farthest? That seems like something I could win. he he
This is all looking awesome.

With more people, and limited room, will there still be room to play other games? Will any quick dexterity games be left up - or is space going to be an issue?

Thanks
There will be space for other games
Not sure yet whether dexterity games can be left up the way pitch car was at ScapeCon I
We have 2 attendees who are architects working on layouts
The hotel sent us room dimensions and table dimensions
A lot going on behind the scenes
Old January 25th, 2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
We have 2 attendees who are architects working on layouts
The hotel sent us room dimensions and table dimensions
A lot going on behind the scenes
Lol, ya'll are friggin' great! haha this is awesome

Sir Heroscape's Content