Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM

JusticeProctor Woo who?
Re: NHSD-MD/DC/VA Tournament

Is there any progress with getting a sitter? I may or may not be bringing my 3 1/2 year old son. He's a very good kid, easy to handle. I'd be willing to throw in 3$-5$ as a courtesy.
Old October 11th, 2008, 02:03 AM

lost33 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeProctor View Post
Is there any progress with getting a sitter? I may or may not be bringing my 3 1/2 year old son. He's a very good kid, easy to handle. I'd be willing to throw in 3$-5$ as a courtesy.
you can bring them, my son is almost 4 so they should be able to play together. plus i will have my 3 month old there.
Old October 11th, 2008, 02:04 AM

everybody please check the first post for updated info, because we have had to change locations do to reservation snaffou.
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM
has been BANNED

omgitsjihad is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

so we are in dc??? yay!!!!
Old October 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM

JusticeProctor Woo who?

Yay? Great, my drive just went from 30 minutes to more like an hour plus navigating my way through DC. It's a great central location......for people that live in DC.

What kind of reservation snaffu was it, by the way? Also, I might have to bring my 3 1/2 year old; what's the word on babysitting?

Either way, as it was stated initially, I'm "not too keen" on taking my son on the metro with HS stuff. This may strike me from the list. I would be very happy for event to be held at the Savage Mills gaming store, as suggested in a previous post. It's still farther than base, but that way those of us by Baltimore aren't killing ourselves to get there.
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Nikkomon Woo who?

Is there an address for this condo ? It would be greatly helpfull if it was posted.

. . . says Nikko
Old October 13th, 2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeProctor View Post
Yay? Great, my drive just went from 30 minutes to more like an hour plus navigating my way through DC. It's a great central location......for people that live in DC.

What kind of reservation snaffu was it, by the way? Also, I might have to bring my 3 1/2 year old; what's the word on babysitting?

Either way, as it was stated initially, I'm "not too keen" on taking my son on the metro with HS stuff. This may strike me from the list. I would be very happy for event to be held at the Savage Mills gaming store, as suggested in a previous post. It's still farther than base, but that way those of us by Baltimore aren't killing ourselves to get there.
Someone else who was able to put a deposit for the room before us got it. when we first checked it was vacant we just had to give them the deposit, we go back to give it, then its already booked.

As for the babysitting I will be looking after my son and daughter so I could always look after your son as well if you come. my son and yours could play together. I know that it would be a great experience for my son as he usually plays by himself.
Old October 13th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkomon View Post
Is there an address for this condo ? It would be greatly helpfull if it was posted.
The address should be posted in a day, waiting on drewcula for the address.
Old October 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
Post Re: NHSD-MD/DC/VA Tournament

Apologies for the delay in posting the event address. I wanted to make absolute certain I had secured the room before moving forward. A google map link is pasted below.

400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC 20001

At the front door call box, dial 269
The number will redirect you to my cell phone and I'll buzz you in.
Visit the front desk, sign in, and take the elevator to the second floor.
The community room is on the second floor.

Emergency venue contact is me. Andrew Wodzianski. Cell 301 535 0396

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...num=1&ct=title

As already mentioned, this location has positives and negatives. Apologies to any participants that have to cancel due to the venue change.

Getting to 400 Mass Ave. is easy regardless of foot / Metro / or car. Unfortunately, parking is not easy at all. A few garages will gladly take your money, many are behind the Verizon Center. 6th street, between G & H streets specifically.

Metro would certainly be easier. The Chinatown / Gallery Place Metro stop is a Red / Green / Yellow line stop. 400 Mass Ave is three blocks east of the H Street Chinatown/Gallery Place exit.

My only suggestion about the burden of Heroscape transportation is to bring your two 550 pt. armies alone. Rose, Adam and I should be able to handle the terrain.

The community room has a four large circular tables and two smaller circular tables. I'll add two folding tables to the mix and we should have plenty of playable surfaces. A billards table, pantry, bar, restroom, plasma TV, sofas and chairs make up rest of the room. Wifi is available.

Papa Johns is across the street and we'll more than likely get pizza from there. A CVS is on the first floor of the building for immediate munchie needs.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Last edited by drewcula; October 14th, 2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: poor spelling
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM

thanks Drewcula for the address and for getting the room.

We will definitely be ordering pizza from the Papa Johns across the street.

I look forward to seeing everyone who will be able to make it, and I am sorry to those who won't be able to make it due to the change in location.

Rose
Old October 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
Post Re: NHSD-MD/DC/VA Tournament

With the shift in venue, we may have a different number of attendees. I've confirmed w/ my regulars and can surmise the following:

Confirmed:
Drewcula
Lost33 (+1)
Zak
Tony

Probable(?):
Nikkomon
omgitsjihad

Please add / alter / delete as needed.
Old October 15th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Nikkomon Woo who?

Yes I will be there, maybe with +1 or 2 or 3.

. . . says Nikko

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day