Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker
Re: 5x400 General Wars! West Chester PA tournament - June 16

Thanks. I was wondering about those pillars when i saw them.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM

SqueegeeLuigi9999 Woo who?

Hey everyone! I'm back!
Sorry I haven't posted ANYTHING over the past few MONTHS. (I think my last post was in March or something...)

I like the format for this tournament. Pretty cool.
I may be able to attend, but I won't know for sure, so put me down as a maybe. Also put my dad down as a maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
...I will confer with SqueegeeLuigi9999 ... to ascertain if they can make it...
@Johngee:
I think I can make it. My dad might be able to drive me. We haven't played HeroScape in quite a while, and we especially haven't been to a tournament in a while. We would certainly like to come, but it would cost about $80 in gas money to go... so, I don't know. I think I might have my dad call you or something to work something out.

Alright, I will see y'all on the interwebs!

My YouTube channel
My Legend Of Zelda Custom CardsNEW CARDS!

Member, defeated by Xanth club. Join date July 30, 2011

Last edited by SqueegeeLuigi9999; June 4th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Ok, finally I can say we're confirmed. We'll bring Meander.
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueegeeLuigi9999 View Post
I like the format for this tournament. Pretty cool.
I may be able to attend, but I won't know for sure, so put me down as a maybe. Also put my dad down as a maybe.
Great! Hope you guys can make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Ok, finally I can say we're confirmed. We'll bring Meander.
Awesome! Updated the first post with new confirmed attendees and more possibles. It looks like I am going to have to add a few more maps into the mix!
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
It looks like I am going to have to add a few more maps into the mix!
That's always a good problem to have

I need to start putting in some time in army construction soon.....

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:20 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Ok, total noob question here, but can the army point total be under 400? My obsessive/compulsion tendicies make me use every point I can, but the kid has come up with some 380, 390 point armies that "look" cool. I don't see a problem with that, but figured I would ask. Thanks.

Also, not sure how that would affect scoring...

Last edited by hose; June 5th, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: just thought of scoring
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:01 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
Ok, total noob question here, but can the army point total be under 400? My obsessive/compulsion tendicies make me use every point I can, but the kid has come up with some 380, 390 point armies that "look" cool. I don't see a problem with that, but figured I would ask. Thanks.

You can always have point totals less than the max. If you choose to do so it is just a slight handicap that you are putting on yourself with the army. There is a good bet that a lot of people will be having armies in the 380-390 range as some of the generals don't have that good 20 or 10 point filler unit that is worth installing (if only all the generals had Isamu).

As far as scoring is concerned, if you eliminate your entire opponents army you'll still get a full 400 points for the game. I'm assuming that if it comes down to points that if you are playing someone with less than 400 points that you would get to add whatever they have left out to your point total. For example...if your opponent has a 380 point army and you kill 200 points worth (based on the card points) you would then add the 20 that was left out to your total giving you a final result of 220.

Tom will have to verify and perhaps he has a totally different idea, but I think this is the most fair way to do it.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Yes, that's the way I understand it - if you are playing with LESS THAN the reccomended (format criteria) points then each of your opponents automatically get them added to his/her score as if they had killed them on the battlefield.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM

fallow is surprisingly tart

Put me down as a definite!

-Member, defeated by Xanth club.

-Selling most of my 'Scape to keep from losing my house :/
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post

You can always have point totals less than the max. If you choose to do so it is just a slight handicap that you are putting on yourself with the army. There is a good bet that a lot of people will be having armies in the 380-390 range as some of the generals don't have that good 20 or 10 point filler unit that is worth installing (if only all the generals had Isamu).

As far as scoring is concerned, if you eliminate your entire opponents army you'll still get a full 400 points for the game. I'm assuming that if it comes down to points that if you are playing someone with less than 400 points that you would get to add whatever they have left out to your point total. For example...if your opponent has a 380 point army and you kill 200 points worth (based on the card points) you would then add the 20 that was left out to your total giving you a final result of 220.

Tom will have to verify and perhaps he has a totally different idea, but I think this is the most fair way to do it.
Spidysox has it right. If your army is less than the limit you are automatically giving those points to your opponent for points destroyed. Points only really matter in two circumstances. 1) In the rare case of a match going to time, the person who destroyed the most points will be the winner. 2) The final standings are determined first by best win/loss record and second by most points destroyed. For example, if 2 players finished 4-1 the player who destroyed more points would finish higher in the rankings.

EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE NOTE. I am using the full card scoring method for determining points as mentioned in the first post. This is different from what the other local Tournament Directors normally do so please be aware of the rule difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallow View Post
Put me down as a definite!
Great! Any word on Nate and Dolan?
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM

fallow is surprisingly tart

Nate seems to be a yes as he's picking armies.

Dolan is waffling about as usual.

-Member, defeated by Xanth club.

-Selling most of my 'Scape to keep from losing my house :/
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE NOTE. I am using the full card scoring method for determining points as mentioned in the first post. This is different from what the other local Tournament Directors normally do so please be aware of the rule difference.
Heretic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events