Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
West Michigan Tournament 6-9-12

Heroscape Tournament in West Michigan

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 @ 10:30a.m.

I think we have a large enough group now to hold our first ever Heroscape Tournament. We will have a four round swiss from 11:00a.m. - 3:30p.m. in one hour heats factoring in a half hour break for some lunch type snacks. This will be classic Heroscape (no C3G or SoV). Because some in our group do not have a large Heroscape collection themselves, you are not required to bring your own armies, but you are welcome to do so. There will be prizes for first, second, and third places.

As time draws closer and we see how many will participate, I will release more information on the armies which will be used, the prizes, and maps. Most likely three of the maps will be Guardian, Fulcrum, and Breach. We will probably stick with 600 points as we have in the past, but let’s see how many plan on coming.

After the tournament, we can break out into some C3G slugfests, or even switch gears to other games like Dominion, Settlers of Catan, Ticket To Ride, Pandemic, etc. Depending on how many come, we may do both. There will be no time limit set on when we end. Food will be provided for supper for those who plan to stay late.

The location is at my house.
Don’t worry, I’ve got enough room for everybody.

Darrin Ball
1393 S. Hilton Park Rd.
Muskegon, MI 49442

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:15 AM

Irish Brigade is surprisingly tart
Re: West Michigan Tournament 6-9-12

dang it! the second tournament held in MI since i've moved here and yet again I will be out of town! good to see heroscape growing. have fun all!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

It looks like we've got 6 for certain and some maybes. We'll see how this plays out. Here are the prizes:

One Castle Expansion Set

One Orm's Return

Two Soldiers and Wolves, One Werewolf Lord, and One Khosumet the Darklord.

First place will get first pick of the above three, second will get second pick, and third will get third pick. Everything is mint in box except for the single Werewolf Lord and Khosumet.

If you plan on attending, please RSVP so I can plan for food. If you need directions, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

The Orange Mailman
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would like to make this one but it is on the same day as ZB's tourney in Fenton. I am going to have to wait and see how this plays out.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Okay, the count right now is 8. It sounds like this is going to be a pretty good time. I'm pretty sure one (or four) of the group is going to want to break out C3G after the tournament and another is going to want to play Dominion. I'm flexible as to what everyone wants to do but I have been planning for an official tournament and have the prizes all ready, so that will not be altered.

Just so that everyone is aware, we play with 600 point armies, which are prearranged into competitive armies with the top 20 being at the forefront. We roll two 20 sided dice simultaneously and your army is chosen for that round. This eliminates time consuming drafting and is helpful for those that do not have their own gaming stuffs. It also gives more experienced scapers a chance to show that they can play with just about any army and still hold their own. You are free to bring a favorite 600 point army of your own to add to the mix, but it is not for certain you will play that army. Right now I think I've got about 50 armies all set up.

As far as C3G, I have about 25-30 armies prearranged into 1000 points apiece. These also are ready to go with the exception that I haven't rebased them yet, so we can proxy if you want to climb a ladder. This won't be a tournament so we can choose if we want to do 2 on 2 on a larger board or whatever.

Please RSVP so I can get a count for food, but also for boards because right now I have 5 boards set up for 1 on 1. So if we go over 11, I'll have to set another up.

The Orange Mailman
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow that sounds awesome and the C3G is especially tempting.
I will see what I can do but it looks unlikely.
I like the random army set up. We play much the same way.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM

What a great time. Thanks everyone, although there is only one person who attended who will read this. We had 11 total so I ran the tournament without participating. But I really had a good time acting as officiator and timekeeper.

My brother won first place but passed on taking a prize (it's all half his anyway). Jeff, a relative newbie, won second place, but he had some good coaches to help him catch on quick. Then Eric took third taking home Orm's Return to add to his collection. This went over so well I think we will have another official tournament sometime. I think the best finish was an Ogre Pulverizer with one life left moving up adjacent to two 4th Massachusetts Line and taking them both down in one turn with the double attack.

The C3G was a blast as usual. We broke up into smaller groups. I had a two on two with my partner Becky. We took down Jeff and Eric in a come-from-behind win that had all of us surprised. The armies we used were:

Eric: Thor, Incredible Hulk, Bruce Banner, Siege

Jeff: Kang x 3, Warriors of Ashra x 3, Theracus

Becky: Professor X, Jubilee, Quicksilver, Strong Guy, Shadowcat, Gambit

Me: Hydra x 4, Madam Hydra, Baron Von Strucker, Red Skull w/ Glyph of Cosmic Cube, Mind Flayer Mastermind

The others had C3G battles and seemed to prefer that to the classic Heroscape. Our group of 4 broke out into Settlers of Catan and a game of Dominion: Intrigue after that 2 on 2 battle, while the others just kept going with C3G. We went from about 11a.m. to 10p.m.

The Orange Mailman
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:09 PM

I am really sorry I missed that. I hope I can make the next one.
Thanks for posting the results. Sounds like you all had a great time.

For the ones that preferred C3G, did they say why? I find it is usually mostly because people know the comic heroes and enjoy being Spidey or Batman. Then some like the Hero aspect over the squad centric slant of classic. The great designs do not hurt either. Chucking more dice is also fun.

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; June 11th, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Hey Tornado-

I think one of the reasons quite a few wanted to try C3G is that it is still relatively new. Not everyone has played with the Fantastic Four and witnessed the game dynamic. Or the X-Men, or S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents with the Killbox Special or.... We played four games of classic Heroscape for the tournament which was a blast, but after that it's sort of like, "we've done this before, let's do something we haven't done that much yet."

Things like the new Red Skull's Cosmic Cube, Kang's time travel abililty, Strong Guy's Kinetic Redirect. Hey, that's how we won. The last Kang targeted Strong Guy who was adjacent to the Hulk. 6 out of 7 wounds on the Hulk were through Kinetic Redirect. Then Strong Guy came over and put a wollop on the last Kang for pretty much the end of the game.

It has been a little bit of a challenge to try to understand all the new powers. But everyone has been very helpful when I ask questions on the books of threads. If I can pick up figures for .50 apiece and print off cards for virtually nothing, that's pretty cheap. And it has added a whole new dimension to our gaming.

The Orange Mailman

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events