Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Do we add Marvel to FF 3.5 Thunderdome?
No Marvel 4 22.22%
Full Marvel with no restrictions 5 27.78%
Single Marvel - you can have any Marvel figure you want, but only one in your army 5 27.78%
Limited Marvel - no Marvel figures above 250 points 2 11.11%
Jexik's Marvel - no Marvel figures above 225 points 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM

himsati knows what's in an order marker himsati knows what's in an order marker
Florida Frenzy 3.5 -- THUNDERDOME!

(This post updated 5/26/2010)

When:
Date: May 29th 2010 -- THIS SATURDAY!!!!!
Time: Registration begins 10:00AM, Round 1 begins @ 11:00AM

Where:
Cool Stuff Games
3592 Aloma Ave. Suite 1
Winter Park, FL 32792
Look for the Winter Park Commerce Center next to the 7-11!
Click for Map

Tournament Structure:
4 Swiss Rounds followed by semi-final and final
Ranking by Wins and SOS
Tiebreakers by ALS (whole-card, no fractional)
During Semi-Final - remaining players play a 5th swiss round

Glyphs (Treasure Glyphs will not be mixed on the same map as regular glyphs):
• Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
• Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)
• Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
• Glyph of Crevcor (Common Attack +1)
• Treasure: Heroic Rune (Attack +1 for carrying figure)
• Treasure: Talisman of Defense (Defense +1 for carrying figure)
• Treasure: Ring of Protection (Defense +3 - one time use for carrying figure)
• Treasure: Elixir of Speed (Move +4 - one time use for carrying figure)

Armies:

515 point armies (500 if using a Marvel figure)
  • Armies cannot exceed 24 starting hexes
  • All sets thru D1 are allowed
  • Armies using Marvel figures are restricted to 500 points
  • Only one Marvel figure can be used in an army, any Marvel figure allowed
    Remember: if using a marvel figure, your army is limited to 500 points.
  • +1 SoS if you don't use more than 3 of the same common squad.
The Maps:
(Some details on those maps are in this post)
Paved Paradise by Sup3rS0n1c
Hive Drive by Velenne
Migol's Gate by Velenne
Feylund Fountain by Velenne
Marr Scar by Velenne

Tournament Schedule:
(4 Swiss Rounds+Finals)

09:30 AM -- Map building begins
10:00 AM -- Registration begins
10:45 AM -- Registration ends
11:00 AM -- Round 1 Begins (50 minutes)
12:00 PM -- Round 2 Begins (50 minutes)
01:00 PM -- Lunch break until 01:50 PM
02:00 PM -- Round 3 Begins (50 minutes)
03:00 PM -- Round 4 Begins (50 minutes)
04:00 PM -- Semi-Final Begins (50 minutes) - top 4 players
-------------- Remaining players compete in 5th swiss round during semi-final
05:00 PM -- Final Begins (50 minutes) - top 2 players
06:00 PM -- Prizes, Dinner, Cleanup, Casual Play

Prizes:
  • All players must bring one Heroscape-related item as a prize (this is your entry fee into the tournament). This can be a regular Heroscape product or something useful with heroscape (suggestions and past prizes have included dice towers, lexan mats, gift certificates to online gaming retailers, dice bags for holding dice/glyphs/markers, custom figs and custom terrain).
Attendance:
Himsati - Tourney Organizer

Confirmed Attendees:
Torog (+1)
GGGames Pet (+2-3)
igrillem
Syvaris
randomskyfears (+1)
Zealot
Rennix
Sup3rS0n1c
BurnyFlame
BuddyLee
SmoKingToad

Possible Attendees:
Riggler

Last edited by himsati; May 27th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:32 AM

himsati knows what's in an order marker himsati knows what's in an order marker
Re: Florida Frenzy 3.5 -- THUNDERDOME!

HIMSATI'S TOURNEY NOTES:

WHEN:
If this date doesn't work we'll come up with something else. I'm booked personally on something major the 24th of April - 1st of May. Several people mentioned that April was a bit close to a lot of spring vacations and a few extra weeks after spring break time might be nice, hence the mid-May date.

WHERE:
We said we'd try for Cool Stuff so I will start the contact process with them to see if they can host us and when.

TOURNEY STRUCTURE:
People overall seemed to like the basic tourney structure so I copied it from FF3.0... but this is the spring tourney so that we can play fast and loose and agree to whatever... I don't see a reason we *have* to adhere to the National GenCon tourney format if you guys wanna go a little buck wild!

ARMIES:
Since we'll be dealing with both Wave 11 and new Master Set (and you never know if a set comes out like right at the end of April or something <I have heard that Wave 11 might be out in March already>) I didn't put in for reinforcements for this one... but again if you guys wanna go for it....

MAPS:
The ONLY thing I want is a final map called THUNDERDOME. I don't care what it is... just that it is *our* Thunderdome and it looks cool. Other than that I say we come up with all our own maps if we want or you can volunteer out a map from the BoV... I say if you make a map (whoever wants to design the final map ignore all rules but please keep it balanced) use the BoV rules still so they fit on the tables at least...

In other words... the theme is up for grabs if we even do a theme.. if someone has an idea to fit into the "Thunderdome" title (recreate famous movie scenes via maps, whatever) then we can go with that if everyone likes it. Up to you guys!

SCHEDULE:
That schedule we had really worked well and people liked that we finished at a good time and there were still effectively 5 swiss rounds for everyone.

ALTERNATIVE:
Since this is a spring go a little wild tourney... do we skip having a semi-final (or even skip both semi-final and final) to get more time in for everyone to play? If we do the Thunderdome map would have to fit into BoV rules.

Now you may discuss among yourselves...

Last edited by himsati; January 13th, 2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

May might actually work for me. I like that a lot better than April.

One note, btw, the A+ units have been shifted. Only Raelin and the Reavers are A+. Jexik (with SP's blessing) wants to reflect that those two units are the true standout units, ones that just consistently overperform.

I look forward to seeing this develop and hope that I can finally make an Orlando trip. Can't wait to see the THUNDERDOME!
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM

ellak96 knows what's in an order marker ellak96 knows what's in an order marker

I am going to have to say no to the thunderdome.
I would rather do normal maps.

My
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thunderdome is the final map. I say, go for it! ^_^

Awesome!

Can't wait. Trust me, I'll be there if I have to kill to be there. I had too much fun the last time after missing the few before it to miss out ^_^

And, don't forget, I'd be very pleased if Paved Paradise made it one the tables... ^_^
Spoiler Alert!

(Edit) Here's my opinions on previous mentioned points of discussion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by himsati View Post
WHEN:
If this date doesn't work we'll come up with something else. I'm booked personally on something major the 24th of April - 1st of May. Several people mentioned that April was a bit close to a lot of spring vacations and a few extra weeks after spring break time might be nice, hence the mid-May date.
May's fine by me.

Quote:
WHERE:
We said we'd try for Cool Stuff so I will start the contact process with them to see if they can host us and when.
Once again, I'm fine with CoolStuff. Armada is more convenient, but CoolStuff isn't neccesarily outrageous either.

Quote:
TOURNEY STRUCTURE:
People overall seemed to like the basic tourney structure so I copied it from FF3.0... but this is the spring tourney so that we can play fast and loose and agree to whatever... I don't see a reason we *have* to adhere to the National GenCon tourney format if you guys wanna go a little buck wild!
Hey, I'm up for anything! ^_^

Quote:
ARMIES:
Since we'll be dealing with both Wave 10 and new Master Set (and you never know if a set comes out like right at the end of April or something) I didn't put in for reinforcements for this one... but again if you guys wanna go for it....
I liked reinforcements, but since they only came in during semi-finals and finals, they couldn't really make that much of a difference if you're already on a painful losing streak (I'll think twice about such a fragile army next time :P). I personally say no this time around.

Quote:
MAPS:
The ONLY thing I want is a final map called THUNDERDOME. I don't care what it is... just that it is *our* Thunderdome and it looks cool. Other than that I say we come up with all our own maps if we want or you can volunteer out a map from the BoV... I say if you make a map (whoever wants to design the final map ignore all rules but please keep it balanced) use the BoV rules still so they fit on the tables at least...

In other words... the theme is up for grabs if we even do a theme.. if someone has an idea to fit into the "Thunderdome" title (recreate famous movie scenes via maps, whatever) then we can go with that if everyone likes it. Up to you guys!
[/quote] Thunderdome for the win!
Also, I'm still going to shamelessly advocate Paved Paradise. ^_^

Quote:
SCHEDULE:
That schedule we had really worked well and people liked that we finished at a good time and there were still effectively 5 swiss rounds for everyone.
Yep, I liked it. I just hope I don't drop my prize in my Mom's car and need to spend my lunch money to buy a prize AGAIN... I felt awfully left out at lunch, if it weren't for ellak sharing his Dairy Queen stash with me and the last dollar I had left to buy a few Mountain Dews, I'd have starved to death ^_~

Quote:
ALTERNATIVE:
Since this is a spring go a little wild tourney... do we skip having a semi-final (or even skip both semi-final and final) to get more time in for everyone to play? If we do the Thunderdome map would have to fit into BoV rules.
Well, everyone was just about 'Scaped out by semi-finals last time. I'm not sure if anyone would continue to play if we skipped semis and finals.(/Edit)

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)

Last edited by Sup3rS0n1c; January 8th, 2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Heck yes to paved paradise
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Hmm, looks like I may need to return to Florida soon.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Hmm, looks like I may need to return to Florida soon.
It took you that long to realize it?
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:59 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Thanks for taking the initiative, Himsati. I love that it could be at Cool Stuff Games this time. Any time, including May, should work for me.

My suggestion: let's add treasure glyphs to the glyph pool, and keep the original A+ unit penalties. And as always, I would like to see Marvel units allowed.
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Marvell!!!!!!
Recommending Armada as well.
Great place.

Last edited by ellak96; January 11th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I like Jexik's "Jotun Rule"--any unit that costs as much or less than Jotun is fair game. Adds in Marvel without the sense that the metagame shifts too much. Just a thought.
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I like Jexik's "Jotun Rule"--any unit that costs as much or less than Jotun is fair game. Adds in Marvel without the sense that the metagame shifts too much. Just a thought.
But that only includes Captain America, Spidey, and Venom. Seems kind of limited, IMO.

Then again, some 4th Mass/CA armies could finally see some tourney playtime...

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events