Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 26th, 2016, 12:38 AM

Delved Too Deep is surprisingly tart
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

I made a new card, and its not that great, but I do like everything about it, except the main image.......

And it's my first squad

Please tell me your thoughts and criticisms of it.
My thought is it could be spammed with the Hive as an attempt to destroy a high defense figure.
Old June 26th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You don't need to make a black background. The program will do it automatically

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:39 AM

When does it make the background black automatically?
And how would I force it to make the background black on its own?
And I was wondering, when I looked at your customs they had no main image on some of them, was that intentional?
Thank you for the advice, I always want to learn more
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:55 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh you wanted black backgrounds?
I'd still suggest some distorting of black areas allowing there original Utgar to peek through

Yeah the white backgrounds were shortcuts as those were WIP, this is especially true with my Magic customs as I did hundreds of cards.
But I'll work on images in the future.
I've been doing commissions lately and I agree, images look better

Old June 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM

Alright thanks again for the tips.
Old June 26th, 2016, 03:20 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Delved Too Deep to make the backgrounds automatically, you need to save the picture image with everything else "transparent" Most image programs you just select the figures, then reverse it and hit delete.

Also, I suggest making your own thread of customs in the Custom Units & Army Cards forum.
Old June 26th, 2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@Delved Too Deep to make the backgrounds automatically, you need to save the picture image with everything else "transparent" Most image programs you just select the figures, then reverse it and hit delete.

Also, I suggest making your own thread of customs in the Custom Units & Army Cards forum.
Thanks for the advice but my problem is not getting the backgrounds isolated, its getting them in the first place I have not found many nice heroscape mist background images while browsing the internet, so when I find a photo to make a card the backgrounds usually are not epic castles and fog.
And I will make a thread.
Old June 27th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delved Too Deep View Post
Thanks for the advice but my problem is not getting the backgrounds isolated, its getting them in the first place I have not found many nice heroscape mist background images while browsing the internet, so when I find a photo to make a card the backgrounds usually are not epic castles and fog.
And I will make a thread.
Are you looking for the original backgrounds of the army cards ?

If so, MSE put them automatically. For that, you only need to use, as lefton4ya suggested it, images with a transparent background ..!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old June 27th, 2016, 09:16 AM

Step 1 - Get picture

Step 2 - Lasso Tool basic outline

Step 3 - Ctrl + i, then delete

Step 4 - Cut/Paste each figure to a separate layer for custom positioning, and create background layers with a single expressive color.

Step 5 - Turn off the other figure layers and work on one at a time. Erase away the excess. The colored background helps see the nonfigure bits. Magenta, Lime, and Black work best for me.
Brushes 4, 7, 12, and 17 work best for me.

Step 6 - Image --> Canvas Size. Making the canvas bigger makes the picture easier to work with in MSE.

Step 7 - Save as .pdn or other extension so you'll keep your layers for later. MSE uses .png, which uses only 1 layer. You may want to rearrange your figures or add the black background.

Step 8 - Save as .png. This will save your transparencies and get you ready for MSE.

Step 9 - Double click the appropriate area to load and then position your picture.

Step 10 - For the snazzy black background, return to your .pdn and edit the color layer. The larger the brush the more faded the color borders. Save as .png.

Old November 29th, 2016, 11:10 PM

I haven't printed a Glyph yet.
Is there any trick to it? or will it print the correct size?

If it's been mentioned, I humbly request the info be added to front page.

Last edited by Confred; November 29th, 2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old November 30th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

It might print at the right size.

What I can advise is to get the final glyph, then edit the image file to get only 2 dots instead of the glyph image (at 2 opposite corners for example) and print this. Then you have a blank page with only 2 dots printed and you can see easily if it's the right size without loosing a page.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old December 17th, 2016, 10:52 AM

Elwood288 Woo who?

This is just the best. Question though. I found some Star Wars card blanks and I've been trying to create a new card type for them. I've added them and gotten the template set up so for all intents and purposes it works. Thing is they still have the Heroscape general names when choosing card background, general icon and so on. (example the text says Jandar but when that option is clicked the republic card is loaded)

So my question is how do I add a new general choice? So instead of the Republic overwriting jandar they get added as a new choice? I've been poking around in the style and game files but I can't figure out where the new info needs to be added.

Oh and here's the link to those Star Wars cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3622

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software