Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

I decided to take a whole different route with the Alpha. I was working on the Empire themed Human Race, but decided to instead go for the Adventuring Human Race. There was just too much being tested and too much going into the other. Most of the work I've done hasn't been wasted as far as going toward the Alpha release, and there will probably be less work put into this different path I'm taking. The Adventuring Human Race will be your standard RPG Classes- Warrior, Archer, Rogue (Wizard in the future.) The Alpha release that will now be narrowed in on testing the leveling and growth system as well as its easy to play vs depth ratio. We'll worry about the rest later.

Release date still TBA, so I'm no longer hopeful of getting it out during Christmas break :-/
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

So the Alpha is getting closer to being ready. I can start to feel it coming to a close. Taking a rough guess... I should be done by the end of next week. For simplicity of testing and to speed up my release, I'm going to launch the playable mode as a castle defense game. It'll be like a tower defense, where you defend against waves of enemies, but with your characters instead of with towers. It may not be as fun for now, but it will provide a completely controlled environment to gauge the strength of your characters.

On a related note, about the time the Alpha is ready for launch, I will be taking a trip back home and I have arranged it for me to be able to bring all of my Heroscape equipment back with me, allowing me to play and test along with you guys
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:49 PM

So... you guys are about to hate and love me. I've made a new big change to the system. It's a really good change and I know you're going to love it... but it's so big that it would be pointless to release the Alpha for testing as it is because it completely reworks the system. There actually isn't a whole lot of design work left to do now, just a lot of physical work :/ I'm going to keep the contents of the recent change a secret, but I will soon PM all those who have opt-ed into the Alpha testing what the change is and what they can expect. If anyone else wants to opt in, you are still welcome.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:55 PM

On second thought, I just thought of a way to release the Alpha to test the new concept, but it will be no where near the glory of the full thing. I bet I can get that ready by the end of the week
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:20 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm curious as to what these changes will be. Can't wait!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

I just found out about this. I can't wait to start trying it!
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does anyone have any news on this?

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old December 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Does anyone Does anyone have any news on this?
Sure, I've got some

Currently on Alpha 1.3. I've managed to play with my friends a few times and it has seen a lot of changes over the last year or so (how long has it been?) I know I made a lot of promises that I clearly didn't keep. It was just that the actual physical work required to produce something that players like you could print out and play from was a much more overwhelming task than I've ever had the time for. Whenever I have played it has been with hand written work. I do actually feel bad and I hope everyone can accept my apologies.

Not even sure what the game looked like last time we spoke, but here's what it looks like now:
Spoiler Alert!

This isn't a promise that I'm back, but I will do my best to keep in touch.
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:29 PM

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
[F Sans] Does anyone Does anyone have any news on this?[/FONT]
Sure, I've got some

Currently on Alpha 1.3. I've managed to play with my friends a few times and it has seen a lot of changes over the last year or so (how long has it been?) I know I made a lot of promises that I clearly didn't keep. It was just that the actual physical work required to produce something that players like you could print out and play from was a much more overwhelming task than I've ever had the time for. Whenever I have played it has been with hand written work. I do actually feel bad and I hope everyone can accept my apologies.

Not even sure what the game looked like last time we spoke, but here's what it looks like now:
Spoiler Alert!

Sounds like it's coming along really well but... I hope I'm not talking out of turn or anything but you said in the beginning of this project you said this game would not be HoS but it would still have it's connections. It would still be similar. This game is looking very fun and I appreciate all the work you're putting into it but it's sounding less like HoS and more like a new game game where the only connections are the figures and board pieces being used. Again I hope I don't offend you as no offense was intended I am simply speaking my mind and thank you for all your hard work.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old January 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure, I've got some

Spoiler Alert!

Sounds like it's coming along really well but... I hope I'm not talking out of turn or anything but you said in the beginning of this project you said this game would not be HoS but it would still have it's connections. It would still be similar. This game is looking very fun and I appreciate all the work you're putting into it but it's sounding less like HoS and more like a new game game where the only connections are the figures and board pieces being used. Again I hope I don't offend you as no offense was intended I am simply speaking my mind and thank you for all your hard work.
You are quite right. I think I said it best with... "The point of the old Heroes of 'Scape project was to stay as close to Heroscape Board Game as possible and make it 100% compatible. I was limited by the Heroscape lore and the Heroscape figures we all have available to us when I was forming classes and races. The point of the new project that I'm working on is to make the game that I've always wanted to make, in all of its glory, with no restrictions."
Unfortunately, I at that point also said that my new game should remain compatible with Heroscape mechanically. Well... It's not. The only thing it shares anymore is hex grid movement system :/ I guess as more people encouraged me on the game and further encouraged me to actually develope this game, maybe to one day have it published, I started to break my ties with Heroscape (gotta avoid copyrights and all that, lol.) I think the last time we communicated I was still trying to keep it compatible and didn't realize I made the switch during my absence.

I guess in light of this I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread (or this forum for that matter.)
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure, I've got some

Spoiler Alert!

You are quite right. I think I said it best with... "The point of the old Heroes of 'Scape project was to stay as close to Heroscape Board Game as possible and make it 100% compatible. I was limited by the Heroscape lore and the Heroscape figures we all have available to us when I was forming classes and races. The point of the new project that I'm working on is to make the game that I've always wanted to make, in all of its glory, with no restrictions."
Unfortunately, I at that point also said that my new game should remain compatible with Heroscape mechanically. Well... It's not. The only thing it shares anymore is hex grid movement system :/ I guess as more people encouraged me on the game and further encouraged me to actually develope this game, maybe to one day have it published, I started to break my ties with Heroscape (gotta avoid copyrights and all that, lol.) I think the last time we communicated I was still trying to keep it compatible and didn't realize I made the switch during my absence.

I guess in light of this I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread (or this forum for that matter.)
Well even if you are making it a little further from heroscape than expected at least we know that you are still active on the site and working on the game.

Old January 1st, 2014, 10:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Posting in this thread and forum is fine, IMO. There's a community of people here who are interested in what you're doing (although maybe a new thread is in order, or asking a mod to move this thread to another section).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions