Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old November 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Verdant Valley updated 9/22/10

Why does everyone have to keep making awesome 2xTJ maps that I can't build?!!! Looks great Killo, keep it up!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Thanks Killer Lawnmower and Freezie. I hope that you get ahold of enough TJs to build it sometime; it looks even better in real life than it does in VS.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Using Verdant Valley in my tourney

Superb.

MegaSilver
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:05 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Thanks for the exposure, MegaSilver. I can't wait to hear more feedback about it.

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Killometer, are you (& others) satisfied with Rising Pressure? I'm inclined to use it in an upcoming event and I want some assurance it's seen a little wear and tear, so to speak.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Killometer, are you (& others) satisfied with Rising Pressure? I'm inclined to use it in an upcoming event and I want some assurance it's seen a little wear and tear, so to speak.
I've tested it a bunch (going through several iterations), it got quite a bit of discussion in the TWAMP thread, starting here (inspiring its last significant overhaul), and it was used at a tourney in Ohio (without any reports of issues with it), so I think it's about as balanced as I can make it. I hope people like it, and I'd love any feedback from anyone who plays on it.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Killometer, what glyphs are these?

Thanks.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM

The two nearer the edges are Oreld (Intercept Orders) and the one in the middle is Wannouk (Wound).

Old January 28th, 2011, 12:22 AM

I've been fiddling around with a map idea where all non-Start Zone spaces are road; kind of a Highways and Dieways on steroids.

I started with just 1 BftU and 1 RttFF, but it didn't take too long before I realized that I needed to add a second RttFF. I kept messing with the design, but wasn't happy with it until I decided that it was too flat. Once I broke down and added the second BftU it immediately started to come together how I wanted it-the elevation changes were just what it needed, the extra LoS blockers were helpful, and I had enough shadow tiles to space out the start zones a bit. It had gotten closer to being finished, but it still lacked something-it crowded up too fast-so I wasn't ready to post it. I puty it aside for a while to percolate, and when I looked it over tonight I had an epiphany-I dropped some water spaces on the edge of the map where I had glyphs and replaced them with corridors of shadow tiles. It opened the map up the perfect amount.

I've sacrificed my original vision to a small degree, but it's true enough, and I really like what I've come up with, so here's Stony Pass.

Old January 28th, 2011, 12:53 AM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I've been fiddling around with a map idea where all non-Start Zone spaces are road; kind of a Highways and Dieways on steroids.

I started with just 1 BftU and 1 RttFF, but it didn't take too long before I realized that I needed to add a second RttFF. I kept messing with the design, but wasn't happy with it until I decided that it was too flat. Once I broke down and added the second BftU it immediately started to come together how I wanted it-the elevation changes were just what it needed, the extra LoS blockers were helpful, and I had enough shadow tiles to space out the start zones a bit. It had gotten closer to being finished, but it still lacked something-it crowded up too fast-so I wasn't ready to post it. I puty it aside for a while to percolate, and when I looked it over tonight I had an epiphany-I dropped some water spaces on the edge of the map where I had glyphs and replaced them with corridors of shadow tiles. It opened the map up the perfect amount.

I've sacrificed my original vision to a small degree, but it's true enough, and I really like what I've come up with, so here's Stony Pass.

I like how the map is compact and pro-melee.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:00 AM

Re: Killometer's maps ~ Stony Pass added 1/27/10

Thanks. I tried to impede Line of Sight as much as I could, and I think I was pretty successful, and the map's fairly small size and effectively permenant road bonus really helps melee units close with any ranged units that manage to get them in their sights. I also tried to establish as many round-about routes as I could to prevent it from being clogged up too quickly.

Old January 28th, 2011, 01:05 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Stony Pass added 1/27/10

It looks problematic for the likes of Nilfheim with his wide wings (but that's definitely not a bad thing, in my book).

I really like the layout. It looks like it would feel like fighting through a dense forest where you can't see a long way in any direction.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios