Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: Season 3 of Deadliest Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
I think Ghengis Khan will beat Hannibal, Hannibal was well known for his military expertise, not his fighting skills, and Khan also has more modern weaponry (The recurve bow and steel weapons for example). And if Hannibal gets his elephant, than the khan gets his horse and he will then be unbeatable.

Definitely Vampires over Zombies also.

I would also love to see the Persian Immortals, although, in real life, they were nowhere near as awesome as they were in 300
They already did the Persian Immortal vs. the Celt Warrior. I can P.M. you the link to the full episode on Spike if you like.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:48 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

The sad thing is, I remember the Celts but not the Immortal. I'll change my wish to the Cossacks then, they are also awesome, and I don't think they have been done yet?
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

I'm pretty pumped for the Vampires vs. Zombies episode. Definitely rooting for the zombies. It's sci-fi, end-of-the-world, infected monsters going against teeny-bopper heart-throbs. The vampires will no doubt be given a much cooler image than they've been getting recently, but I'm still going for the zombies.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
The sad thing is, I remember the Celts but not the Immortal. I'll change my wish to the Cossacks then, they are also awesome, and I don't think they have been done yet?
No, they haven't been done so far. Cossacks vs. the Polish Winged Hussars would be cool.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old March 24th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you for introducing this series to me! It's like the greatest I have seen in recent times. (Fringe aside)

Really looking forward to all the epic battles, and maybe the back for blood special where all the top play royal rumble.

P.S: It's gonna be a one-sided battle between zombie and vampire since the vampire is the ultimate human hunter, but his powers such as hypnotize and blood sucking do not work against the zombie.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
Thank you for introducing this series to me! It's like the greatest I have seen in recent times. (Fringe aside)

Really looking forward to all the epic battles, and maybe the back for blood special where all the top play royal rumble.

P.S: It's gonna be a one-sided battle between zombie and vampire since the vampire is the ultimate human hunter, but his powers such as hypnotize and blood sucking do not work against the zombie.
I have to disagree. The zombie has no set goal and no intelligence. It's just a kill and hack monster who eats only to survive. The vampires not only possess intelligence but also kill for revenge, cruelty, et cetera. They wouldn't try to hypnotize a zombie but they could turn into a wolf or bat and tear him apart. If things get ugly they could shift into their green mist shape.
All in all, I think the zombie's lack of intelligence and the vampire's excess intelligence will seal the deal here.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM

Well, after a long wait, the list of the matchups for Season 3 have been confirmed!
They are:

George Washington vs. Napoleon Bonaparte
French Foreign Legion vs. Gurkhas
Pancho Villa vs. Crazy Horse
Vampires vs. Zombies
Genghis Khan vs. Hannibal
William the Conqeror vs. Joan of Arc
Saddam Hussein vs. Pol Pot
US Army Rangers vs. North Korean Spec. Ops
Lawrence of Arabia vs. Teddy Roosevelt
Hernan Cortes vs. Ivan the Terrible
US Delta Force vs. *unconfirmed*

New Season starts Wednesday, July 20th.
Predictions? Thoughts? Comments? Leave 'em here.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:32 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Gotta go with George here. Both were great leaders, but I think Washington would do better in a fight.

Gurkhas all the way. Gurkha war stories have to be some of the craziest I have heard. They are the stuff of legend, and some of the only people that are truly terrifying for the Taliban.

I don't know much about either, so I'll just guess Crazy Horse.

Vampires vs. Zombies
Vampires. I like zombies a lot more, but one on one a vampire would be way too powerful.

Genghis Khan. He was brutal, savage, fearless, and a military genius. Hannibal rode an elephant.

I'll go with William the Conqueror, despite the fact that he was defeated by his own horse.

I'll take Saddam because I don't think Pol Pot was that much of an up close fighter.

Obviously the good ole Army Rangers.

Teddy Roosevelt could single handedly take on everyone on this list and have a good chance of survival. Plus he rode a moose across a river.

Ivan the Terrible. Friends don't let friends attack Russians.

Delta Force. I don't need to hear who they are facing.

You heard it here first folks! My brothers and I like to predict the winner of these and so far I'm 17-5. Of course, my final prediction doesn't come until right before the battle.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Gotta go with George here. Both were great leaders, but I think Washington would do better in a fight.
I'm going to go with Napoleon. I bet, with both teams having firearms, that this will be a squad-on-squad battle, and Napoleon's men are better equipped, fed, and trained. Heck, Washington's guys didn't even have shoes.

Quote:
Gurkhas all the way. Gurkha war stories have to be some of the craziest I have heard. They are the stuff of legend, and some of the only people that are truly terrifying for the Taliban.
Agreed. Also, they have one heck of an awesome knife known as a kurki.

Quote:
I don't know much about either, so I'll just guess Crazy Horse.
Chief Crazy Horse was a prominent Native American general who resisted US expansions and even took part in the Battle of Little Bighorn that massacred General Custer's forces.

Pancho Villa was a Mexican revolutionary who had violent raids on government forces and even attacked a southwestern US town.

I'm giving my money to Pancho because once Native Americans try to use guns, they don't stand a chance. Guns are what forced them from their home, and it's not their weapon of choice. Once Crazy Horse goes up against a gun, he's going home in a casket.

Quote:
Vampires vs. Zombies
Vampires. I like zombies a lot more, but one on one a vampire would be way too powerful.
Agreed. Zombies are too dumb. Even in a 5 v. 5 battle, the vampires's intelligence will catapault them to victory.

Quote:
Genghis Khan. He was brutal, savage, fearless, and a military genius. Hannibal rode an elephant.
HANNIBAL RODE AN ELEPHANT! Exactly! Horses are scared to death of elephants and I'd like to see the Khan try to pull of his fancy manuevers when his horse is crapping his pants about Hannibal's elephant. Those war elephants were fearsome and that alone will get Hannibal the winning edge.

Quote:
I'll go with William the Conqueror, despite the fact that he was defeated by his own horse.
William's death was an accident - but I agree, he'll take this. Joan is only 17 and William is in his 40's. Joan is a peasant and William is nobility. William is bigger, stronger, better funded and truly trained in war and tactics. Joan may have inspired the French to victory but William drove his war machine right through Harold's balls.

Quote:
I'll take Saddam because I don't think Pol Pot was that much of an up close fighter.
Not ever going to root for Saddam Hussein. He's a coward who surrendered as soon as he was found. Pol Pot at least could fight to protect his name and he wasn't executed, either.

Quote:
Obviously the good ole Army Rangers.
Same! Go USA!

Quote:
Teddy Roosevelt could single handedly take on everyone on this list and have a good chance of survival. Plus he rode a moose across a river.
I'm going to say Lawrence of Arabia here. He's from WWI so I bet he has more technology and he has fought in pitched battles, just like Teddy, so with equal experience but better tech Lawrence'll win. Think of him as WWI's Indiana Jones.

Quote:
Ivan the Terrible. Friends don't let friends attack Russians.
Hernan Cortes. Hispanics don't let friends attack Hispanics. But I really am Hispanic.

Quote:
Delta Force. I don't need to hear who they are facing.
Even if it's the SAS, I gotta agree! US Delta Force is beast!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

If Genghis Khan vs Hannibal starts with both of them mounted then I may switch to Hannibal.

You're right about Napoleon though; George was working with farmers, not soldiers.

Teddy Roosevelt was amazing though; I would much rather face Lawrence then him.

Honestly though I don't get the Pol Pot vs Saddam Hussein thing though because they were both murderers and terrible people; I'm confused about why Deadliest Warrior would have that matchup. Neither of them were really fighters anyway.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
If Genghis Khan vs Hannibal starts with both of them mounted then I may switch to Hannibal.

You're right about Napoleon though; George was working with farmers, not soldiers.

Teddy Roosevelt was amazing though; I would much rather face Lawrence then him.

Honestly though I don't get the Pol Pot vs Saddam Hussein thing though because they were both murderers and terrible people; I'm confused about why Deadliest Warrior would have that matchup. Neither of them were really fighters anyway.
Yeah - they did have Taliban vs. I.R.A. and Medellin Cartel vs. Somali Pirates in the past but at least those guys technically have fought battles. Pot and Hussein just order massacres.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

http://bshistorian.wordpress.com/200...rrior-my-arse/

A very funny blog on the historical ......"accuracy" of the show.

Also always wondered where the "software" came from - and here's the answer....

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/bl...bat-simulator/

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV