Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 14th, 2024, 12:24 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Community Prompts

It is intentional to only hit figures it started next to. It's a thunderclap! The lightning elemental superheats the air it was occupying, and once it is gone that air cools rapidly and claps quite loudly. I considered adding a boost to the attack, but 7 move with stealth flying means it is likely to strike first anyways, and I don't want to make something that mobile without some downsides.
Old February 14th, 2024, 12:06 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah ok, makes more sense now. Seems difficult to pull off but it's a cool idea.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 10:24 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey there everyone, we are just about at the deadline for the current prompt so I'll drop mine. Perhaps we will get another entry or two.

This entry is based on an interesting miniature I came across. Definitely going into a bit of an abstract concept but still having a nature elemental type of theme.

Painting the plant areas a vibrant green, the rocks could use some magical runes in places and I think this would really come to life.

Quote:
Name: Dawn Elemental
General: Jandar

Species: Elemental
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Construct
Personality: Resolute
Size/Height: Huge 8

Life: 7
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 3
Points 150-170

SUNRISE
After rolling initiative, remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

DAWNBRINGER
After attacking, choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die:
  • On a 5 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
  • If your Order Marker 2 is revealed, subtract 5 from your roll.
  • If your Order Marker 3 is revealed, subtract an additional 5 from your roll.
  • On a 18 or higher, you may use Dawnbringer an additional time.
Unsure if my execution brings out the vision. We have an elemental construct based around the idea of the Dawn, at the beginning of a round he is going to have an exceptional chance to channel that energy of hope, renewal, or the fire of the rising sun. As the day goes on that energy is going to grow weaker and be harder to call upon.

Minor chance to chain a couple of uses together. Overall a big construct, built in regeneration everytime the 'sun' rises for a new round. Really thought the miniature was fun and was a case of me finding it and then creating something for it. The miniature is actually called a dawn elemental, may have to slip into a tabletop game at some point for my party.

Last edited by Shiftrex; February 23rd, 2024 at 11:12 PM.
Old February 24th, 2024, 12:12 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the creativity present in this round's entries! Here's a last-minute submission of my own.

The figure used for this unit is a Reaper figure from the Bones set. The name of the figure is Large Water Elemental.
. The figure's base is single-spaced.
Quote:
NAME = Thalassa
GENERAL = AQUILLA
PLANET = TORIL
SPECIES = ELEMENTAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 160

WHIRLPOOL 7
After moving and before attacking, Thalassa may use Whirlpool 7. Roll the 20-sided die for each small or medium figure adjacent to Thalassa. If Thalassa is on a water space instead roll the 20-sided die for small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Thalassa. If you roll a 7 or higher, move that figure 1 space in a clockwise direction. Figures moved by Whirlpool 7 never take leaving engagement attacks.

WATER MASTERY
While Thalassa is on a water space, add 1 to its Attack and Defense.

WATER GLIDE
Thalassa does not have to stop its movement when entering a water space. When entering or exiting a water space, Thalassa does not take leaving engagement attacks and may ignore up to 1 level of elevation.
Thalassa continues the "greater elemental counterpart" trend established with Boreos and Avernus while adding a valuable ranged component to Talingul armies. Its special powers make its a menace on water-heavy maps, able to disengage when needed, disrupt opponents' placements in a large area, and threaten supporters or opposing ranged units with its 6R/5A normal attack and 4L/6D defenses. Even on dry land, though, Thalassa boasts a powerful ranged attack and the option to pull adjacent enemies off height.
Old February 24th, 2024, 11:32 AM

That looks pretty awesome. Captured the range and love of water spaces from the small elementals and added some fun stuff. I've seen a lot of people do the 'flood' theme but the whirlpool one is really new to me.

Water glide also comes across as a cool power.

Only mechanical concern I'm wondering about is defining a 'clockwise durection' obviously there us a common sense answer but heroscape doesnt know what clockwise is, especially 2 spaces from the elemental.
Old February 24th, 2024, 12:29 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Breach uses "counterclockwise" in his Scimitar Sweep SA. The 2 spaces away does make it a bit tricky, but I think 1 R/C could cover it. Its not nearly the most difficult-to-understand power I've ever seen.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old February 24th, 2024, 01:03 PM

Oh that's true, Breach does use it. Was only looking at classic rules when I thought it through.

Still, might need a visual clarification to explain how it works for 2 spaces away.
Old February 24th, 2024, 02:08 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah I'd agree. Something like Mimring's Fire Line SA in the RotV rules.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old February 24th, 2024, 02:59 PM

Alrighty, I'll be looking at who all has entries and linking them to the OP late tonight. Thanks to everyone that participated in this round of community prompts!

Please let me know if you want 'mentioned' when prompts go live or if you have good design prompts you'd like to share. Anitar has pushed a few my way so I'll look into those for the next one going live tommorrow.
Old February 25th, 2024, 04:56 PM

Thank you all for participating in the second round of Community Prompts! Lots of awesome elementals, definitely didn't expect the creative angles that we got.

With that, we are on to a new round for the next two weeks... so here is the new prompt:

Prompt for February 25th 2024

Theme: Under the Sea. Sea creature, fantastical humanoid species, aliens that live on planets that are covered in water, or technology that is meant for deep sea exploration. If it can thrive in the wild, dangerous oceans of earth or elsewhere then let's dream it up.

All manner of monsters, technology, or mystical creatures are free game. This includes amphibious units as long as you envision them primarily making their home under vast bodies of water.

This prompt is due by: Midnight (Mountain Time) on March 9th 2024

Heroscapers that wish to be Mentioned when a Prompt goes live:
If you have a suggestion for a future prompt, please let me know via Personal Message here on the forum

Last edited by Shiftrex; March 10th, 2024 at 03:59 PM.
Old February 25th, 2024, 09:34 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Over the centuries, the people of Earth have taken to biological engineering, making living weapons out of what was once mere wildlife. The latest and greatest is the kraken, a squid reforged with all the strengths of its mythological namesakes but lacking the core weakness-- when you bring the water with you, all lands become wetlands.

Quote:
MUCKMAKER
Vydar

Life 7
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 3
185 points

Kraken
Unique Hero
Marauder
Ferocious
Huge 8, double-spaced

OUTPOURING
All spaces within 2 spaces of the Muckmaker are considered to be swamp water spaces.

STRATEGIC TENTACLE SCOURGE
Before taking a turn with the Muckmaker, you may take a turn with any or all Muck Suckers you control within 4 clear sight spaces. If you take a turn with 3 or more Muck Suckers, the Muckmaker cannot move or attack during its turn.
Quote:
MUCK SUCKER
Vydar

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2
35 points

Kraken
Common Hero
Armament
Loyal
Medium 5

TENTACLE EXTENSION
Muck Suckers do not start the game on the battlefield. After taking a turn with the Muckmaker, you may choose one of your Muck Suckers that have not yet been placed, and place it on any water space within 4 spaces of the Muckmaker.

UNDERTOW
All spaces within 1 space of a Muck Sucker that has already been placed on the battlefield are considered to be swamp water spaces. Any opponent's figure that moves onto those spaces must end its movement.

LINKED ORGANISM
If your Muckmaker is destroyed, destroy all Muck Suckers you control. If another player takes control of your Muckmaker, they also take control of all Muck Suckers you control.

Indefinitely large amounts of bonding? Indefinitely large amounts of bonding. Every tentacle you can take the time to extend contributes to the cause... but a few good shots to the head will tear the whole thing down. I have, to be honest, no idea how effective these things are, or how reasonably I've priced them, but the inspiration kept coming and kind of wrote itself.
Old February 26th, 2024, 09:52 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

I really wanted to defy expectations with this one, so here is my Unique Hero Sahuagin Raider!

Unfortunately, the picture for this thing is of a different model, but Glub would be using the free model, with hooks in both hands: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4329661

Here is an example of a painted version (which has the shield):

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 7th, 2024 at 09:33 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards