Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 15th, 2023, 10:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

My son and I dusted off the Transformers TCG cards last night and I ran Stunticons against his Constructicons. One of my top 5 all time games. Sooooooooo gooooood! Hasbro cancelled the game during Covid just as it was picking up a lot of steam, but came to a halt for obvious reasons.

I can dream they'll reboot at some point.

-insert signature here-
Old August 19th, 2023, 11:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

In the last three days:

One of the Thunderstone games
Blood Rage
Fire and Axe
Space Base x3
Charioteers
7 Wonders Duel
Formula One
Star Trek Ascendancy
Above and Below

and possibly some others I'm forgetting.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; August 20th, 2023 at 12:28 AM.
Old August 20th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
In the last three days:

Blood Rage
Fire and Axe
Space Base x3
Charioteers
7 Wonders Duel
Formula One
Star Trek Ascendancy
Above and Below

What'd you think of above and below?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 20th, 2023, 12:13 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
In the last three days:

Blood Rage
Fire and Axe
Space Base x3
Charioteers
7 Wonders Duel
Formula One
Star Trek Ascendancy
Above and Below

It's one of my favorite games.

Old August 20th, 2023, 08:44 PM

Today: Quarriors (4-player) and Tales of the Arabian Nights (5-player).

Old August 22nd, 2023, 10:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

More Transformers TCG tonight, I'm becoming obsessed, again.

-insert signature here-
Old August 23rd, 2023, 12:34 AM

BattleLore with @chas . We each won one game.

Old August 23rd, 2023, 06:52 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Battlelore (First Edition) with Taeblewalker. We each won a game by one point!

Playtested a Sherman Davies custom Heroscape dragon in three games.
Old September 13th, 2023, 01:26 AM

Over the past two and a half weeks:

Return to Dark Tower
Elder Sign x2
7 Wonders Duel
Paper Dungeons x2
Dungeon Scroll
Tales of the Arabian Nights x2
Arkham Horror 2e
Alhambra
Furnace
Dead Before Daylight
Dungeons, Dice and Danger
Prophecy
Thunder Road
Hues Cues
Battle of Raphia (online on Vassal)

Old September 13th, 2023, 07:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Last Kingdom (2-5 Players) 5 Player. This followed earlier games with live opponents of 3 and 4 Players. And these followed 7 solitaires I did at all possible player counts for 2-5 Players.

These solitaire games (there is no solo mode) included playing all 10 very asymmetric Leaders, in both their Leader and Hero versions each, and all 6 Heroes (who cannot perform as Leaders). This is only one of 15 factors which make each game different, and replayability very high.

Its rare these days that I can get 5 Players around our table here at my place, so I was glad this worked out.

We did three games of Heroscape in August, to playtest minis by Kolakoski and Sherman Davies. This was the heaviest August in terms of gaming in general as well as Scape, that I remember in a long gaming career!

Next Saturday we'll be playing my own custom Heroscape scenario Switcheroo. For details see my signature thread. This will be a game where players steal some of the cards of other players! It is based loosely on the alliance shifting that is prominent in The Last Kingdom. The scenario is on Post #1700 if you'd like to try it out.

There are many other interesting resources on this longtime thread as well, plus descriptions and photos of our monthly games, which we've been running for the last 16 years; broken only by the Pandemic for a while! Each game features a customs scenario by a veteran Scaper.

It also includes my Age of Annihilation project, which we've used to integrate Anitar's and my AOA cards and other elements of the failed Hasbro offering into our regular games after a series of "playtests." So we are happy that Renegade Games will revive AOA next year!

The New York City Gang of Four are Chas, Kolakoski, Sherman Davies, Taeblewalker, and now Thrasher Darkrai.

Last edited by chas; September 13th, 2023 at 07:46 AM.
Old September 13th, 2023, 08:47 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In the last three days:

Blood Rage
Fire and Axe
Space Base x3
Charioteers
7 Wonders Duel
Formula One
Star Trek Ascendancy
Above and Below

Have you played Near and Far? I like Above and Below alright, although I feel like the story elements are much more fun than the worker placement elements, which are just a bit too basic for my liking. Near and Far imo takes everything that worked in Above and Below and did it even better.
Old September 13th, 2023, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In the last three days:

Blood Rage
Fire and Axe
Space Base x3
Charioteers
7 Wonders Duel
Formula One
Star Trek Ascendancy
Above and Below

Have you played Near and Far? I like Above and Below alright, although I feel like the story elements are much more fun than the worker placement elements, which are just a bit too basic for my liking. Near and Far imo takes everything that worked in Above and Below and did it even better.
I have Near and Far. It's a close second for me. I like traveling on the map and doing quests.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games