Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shurrak

This is the same ruling as the Counterstrike ruling - if Shurrak whiffs, you still get to roll defense dice, which means all abilities that trigger on the rolling of defense dice are activated, including Knockback.

The rolling 0 dice thing is consistent with the ruling that has been made on Scatter / Scurry. Rolling 0 dice = rolling = abilities triggered by rolling defense dice activate.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
Yes. Venocs still 'roll' defense, even if they happen to be entitled to roll 0 dice.
That is a matter of opinion. One should not have to use quotes when defining real terms. Rolling zero is equivalent to not rolling in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
Yes. Venocs still 'roll' defense, even if they happen to be entitled to roll 0 dice.
That is a matter of opinion. One should not have to use quotes when defining real terms. Rolling zero is equivalent to not rolling in my book.
I guess following the rules is also a matter of opinion.
You guys haven't figured this out yet??? Ask Tablewalker
And I agree with you tcglkn.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

General consensus does not equal truth. Just ask the Middle Ages. There is no need to be disdainful, either. I don't know why it is outrageous to want the greatest game ever to have rules that make logical sense.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
General consensus does not equal truth. Just ask the Middle Ages. There is no need to be disdainful, either. I don't know why it is outrageous to want the greatest game ever to have rules that make logical sense.
What's disdainful is for individuals to be so adamant that they refuse to listen. Especially when it gets to the point where even the Rules Team refuses to rebutt said individual as it is a waste of time.

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
How does following the rules not make sense? Declare attack, roll attack dice, roll defense dice, calculate damage, place wounds/remove figures. All of the steps occur, regardless of how many dice you roll. And as far as logical sense, why would vipers be immune to a large sword?

Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Because rolling 0 is not an opinion, it is the rules of this great game. And you stating things as someone's opinion's when rules team and designers say what is what is why I may come across a little distainful.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old February 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM

manger has disabled reputation

I just played my first game using Shurrak and I have to say, he has forever replaced Jotun in my eyes. Now before you get defensive here are my points: He is an equal to Jotun in Movement and in Defense although his base attack is much weaker (3 attack). His special attack is better than Jotun's (by 1 attack). When playing Jotun or Shurrak I usually am using the special attack to get maximal point value out of my hero (killing multiple figures a turn) before someone puts the giant down with arrows and bullets. And although Jotun seems better equipped to take on tough hero's with his massive attack, it never really comes up because people are way to afraid to engage the giant in fear of his attack, people tend to plink arrows and bullets with the safety of their range. Both knock-back and Throw seem similar at first glance (14 activation, move figures 3 spaces), but I like knock-back better. With knock-back I get to activate after I find out that I didn't kill the targeted figures, unlike Jotun the throw ability is activated before you attack. This is useful if I intend to press on with Shurrak and not take swipes on my next turn (assuming opponent does not have markers on figure to re-engage Shurrak). Most importantly I find that Shurrak is better than Jotun in cost, as he is 65 points cheaper! Unless I am going against Jotun himself, I think Shurrak is a better draft than Jotun 9 times out of 10.
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oops. I'll have to tell my friend that Shurrak cannot hit up to sixteen, or what ever it was, figures in one attack. He would be good if the hive was surrounded by your enemies and you attacked it and it had its side facing you and you were adjacent to the enemies. That's a lot of 'ifs' (or 'ands' in this case) Still, he's pretty good. Knockback can be fairly good for throwing people around and engaging them with others. It can also have a disadvantage and another advantage. The disadvantage is that Shurrak himself can't engage people, and attack them that is. This also means that he has to go around hitting people, and if he doesn't kill them, they will probably go flying away, and Shurrak has to go after them again. The advantage is that he always has the option of leaving. He's never stuck anywhere by an engagement. So, knockback is either a blessing in disguise, or a curse in disguise. Not sure which... Of course, if you throw someone into lava, or engage them with someone else, well, go ahead and find someone else to throw around. But other wise...
Since his sweeping sowrd thing is only adjacent to both him and the figure, it's kind of limited. Still good for gettign out of engagements, which is probably what eh does best.
So, how should thsi guy be used? Probably as what'shisname suggested. Throw figures next to engagement people. Ice elementals, Agents, X17, even Tandros if nothing else. Then, if anything stupid enough to walk up to him is too big to handle, well... wait a minute! I have it!
He's a one-on-one figure. If anything tries to help, he throws it into the waiting jaws of knights, elementals, agents, gladitrons, X17, and Tandros. Meanwhile, he takes down the big guys, thus taking the army apart, bit by bit.
This is weird. First I thought he was really good because he could hit up to sixteen figures. Then I thought he wouldn't do so well because of the first two paragraphs. Now I like him again. You can tell my opinion changes quickly.
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Although his blade bends a little too much for my taste, I think Shurrak is a very fun figure. I have enjoyed using his on the first OM and then swarming the enemy with orcs on the second OM. Not only are you using a heavy hitting giant to chop the enemies into little frankenscape parts(well I'm sure that's how some of our modders do it), but you can also make enemies fall into an orcish bloodbath(by swinging them behind or to the side of Shurrak).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:38 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Although his blade bends a little too much for my taste, I think Shurrak is a very fun figure. I have enjoyed using his on the first OM and then swarming the enemy with orcs on the second OM. Not only are you using a heavy hitting giant to chop the enemies into little frankenscape parts(well I'm sure that's how some of our modders do it), but you can also make enemies fall into an orcish bloodbath(by swinging them behind or to the side of Shurrak).
I've never done that, since I don't have Shurrak, and a grand total of one orc, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I've never done that, since I don't have Shurrak, and a grand total of one orc, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out

It works with goblins(although to a lesser extent and is far less visually awesome). Just be sure to be packin' a lot of goblins.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
The disadvantage is that Shurrak himself can't engage people, and attack them that is. This also means that he has to go around hitting people, and if he doesn't kill them, they will probably go flying away, and Shurrak has to go after them again.
Except that knockback is optional, and even if it wasn't you could just move the figure to a different space adjacent to Shurrak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units