Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM

ragingphoenix Woo who?
WoW mini's review

Hello everyone today i decided to try review my second mini's game outside of 'Scape so here goes nothing

Pros:
Mini's look great
fast,fun gameplay
customizable hero's
good map(the deluxe map is sturdier,I'll talk about this below)
also,If you play the MMO (I don't) Ive heard you'll see some familiar faces

Cons:
Price (explained below)
3 Mini's a booster!!??
Blindbox

Overview: I mentioned the map being sturdier,of course were all MEGA spoiled with HeroScape's amazing terrain the map in here is good for a normal miniature game. the deluxe starter does have a better sturdier map but it costs a little more. Speaking of which the price for these things are Expensive but you can look at it like this: in heroscape you build massive armies slaughtering each other on gorgeous terrain when here its more of taking samll party's to fight with their customized abilitys(these are explained more in the GenCon '08 episode of 'scapetalk) fighting. you make think its a rip-off when its $15.95 for 3 mini's but first of all they look great,all of them and also you only paly 2-5 characters in your party so you'll only need about 2-3 boosters for a fun game.

I'd say start out with a starter set and 1-2 boosters and if you like them go from there. the game is similar to heroscape and yet very differant,such as:
Similaritys: many mini's work together making each other strong whic adds to faction of the game,you'll need to plan your draft and, like 'Scape, every move matters

Differences: WoW has much smaller armies and a mini's powers are customizable for example a mage you buy may come with a firebolt and a magic shield attack but as you buy more and get another mage with a lighting attack,you may mix and match their abilities

what you can not mix and match are factions you must have a alliance party,horde party,or monster party.(don't ask me the differance i don't play the MMO). while in heroscape mixing and matching armies are super common their not aloud in WoW. BUT as a house rule when i have friends over,we completly in=gnore that rule but you can't for tournaments.

All-and-All the game is fun and besides my current 2 boosters, I plan on more:...i give it a
8.5out of 10 and definately reccommend it EDit:maybe now i have to change my sig...

If it's just friendly competition,why is my opponent on the floor crying?
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM

mnguy12000 Woo who?
Re: WoW mini's review

good review. I too feel the same way about the cost. But if you buy singles it can be a heck of a lot cheaper that way. Fun game though non the less. Wave 2 is coming out this month as well, so I hear.

Last edited by mnguy12000; May 18th, 2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Did anyone else see the article about Blizzard. In an economy where video game companies were mostly in the red this previous quarter, Blizzard made nearly 1 Billion Dollars! They can put whatever cost they want on their miniatures because they know people will pay for them. For the love of God, can someone please make another playable MMO.
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:40 PM

ragingphoenix Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnguy12000 View Post
good review. I too feel the same way about the cost. But if you buy singles it can be a heck of a lot cheaper that way. Fun game though non the less. Wave 2 is coming out this month as well, so I hear.
yeah on ebay you can get 'em like 2 bucks when i got to my hobby store it's $15 for 3 so ebay can give you quite the deal...should've mentioned that oh well

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM

mnguy12000 Woo who?

actually one of the sponsors coolstuff has them pretty cheap, with .99 shipping for your entire order! The rares are what cost ya! Plus look at amazon as they have been having the best pricing I have seen. I got 3 packs for 7 bucks eack with 5.95 shipping a few months ago.
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

I like to idea of the game, and some iof the sculpts are cool, but I hate the paint jobs. The orcs heads look like green blobs with teeth. And i will never get the coloring on the orcs armor. I mean, orcs wearing BLUE?

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:42 PM

Gypsy has disabled reputation

Can somebody direct me to the figure mentioned above? I just counted & I have 24 figures of the Spoils of War series. I bought most of the first set on eBay for $1.00 each with their cards, but they haven't arrived yet. I don't have a green-headed Orc with Blue armor anywhere in my figures. What's up with that?

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."

Last edited by Gypsy; June 3rd, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/w...er.aspx?id=016

Theres the guy. He looks ok in the pic, but IRL he looks kinda bad. I do admit Azarak WolfsBlood looks cool.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM

I'm Sorry! You're right! But I don't think GoreBelly is an Orc & he looks exactly like that in all of the WoW Universe. They're just makin' replicas of what they already have, because they're trying to sell both directions.

They want the Online people to buy the miniatures & they want the Gamers to go Online. Thanks for the Pic, that helps, but I was looking for a Little guy, as an Orc, didn't realize you meant GoreBelly. He's practically a Legend.

I've never played the Online version, but you can get a Warcraft III that will play on your computer without needing to use the Online, but it will play Online when you want it to. The Newer Battle Chest version is online only.

Your description doesn't match your picture. Or my GoreBelly is painted better than the one you have. In that case, I'd have to contact them & complain, maybe they'll send you a better one.

I have 24 here & a bunch more coming in the mail & the paint jobs on all of them are better than the whole set of heroScape I own.

I would never get rid of my 'Scape, but, the WoWs are painted finer & more detailed & all the ones I have came from Boosters at WalMart. I can't imagine WalMart getting a better quality product than anyone else.

WalMart may be a lot of things, but, High-end Collectible dealers, They'll never be,,,,

EDIT: OK, I'm wrong again, He's an Orc Warrior, that's unbelievable, he could wear a heroScape orc on each foot for shoes. Maybe he was a WWE wrestler once Upon a Time....(it could happen).

I guess that pretty much explains what everybody thinks is wrong with these.

(Gypsy sneaks off to hide is his Wagon before the Rocks & Bottles start flyin'....)

Last edited by Gypsy; June 3rd, 2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: I'm Wrong!
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM

ragingphoenix Woo who?

All the scults I have look incredible and are highly detailed and I have many boosters now:
1 basic starter
1 deluxe starter
8 core set boosters
8 spoils of war boosters
and not one looks bad

Old June 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM

ragingphoenix Woo who?

also, I have 2 epics lady vashj and highlord bolvar fordragon

Old June 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM

I was fortunate enough to get Lady Vashj & Prince Sunstrider out of the first two Boosters I bought! I decided that I only need 1 Monster Hero for now & Mr. nwojedi had the princess riding the Snow Leopard, that I want, but don't have. He also agreed to trade me Marlowe Christophers, to make the trade, he offered two Core Epics for Lady Vashj, but I feel like I was lucky to get both on my first purchase & it never hurts to spread good fortune around when you make trades here.

There are at least a dozen of you that know what I mean, but I got tired of Bragging about it in My Signature....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures