Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 17th, 2012, 04:51 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Jandar x1 -- 500 points, 1 hex.

He wins......

Haha not really- what's Eltahale do?
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
As Q9 counter all your army, I will fall into the temptation to take him.
Now let's fill with anything.

Major Q9 180 for some frags
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs 180 short range Q9 guards
Eltahale 140 for clean up and fun
500points/6hexs
Let's try...
Repulsors x5 200
Quasatch x3 500/24

The OReps go forward first, setting up a screen that your 'borgs are chicken to fire at. The apes hit hard enough to dissuade Eltahale from running into a group of them, and they're as good a common squad for hurting Q9 as any.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
As Q9 counter all your army, I will fall into the temptation to take him.
Now let's fill with anything.

Major Q9 180 for some frags
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs 180 short range Q9 guards
Eltahale 140 for clean up and fun
500points/6hexs
Let's try...
Repulsors x5 200
Quasatch x3 500/24

The OReps go forward first, setting up a screen that your 'borgs are chicken to fire at. The apes hit hard enough to dissuade Eltahale from running into a group of them, and they're as good a common squad for hurting Q9 as any.
@ Foudzing: Q9 is a counter to everything...except Repulsors and Quasatch.

My counter, Haters of Soulborg Haters:
210 Braxas
260 Mezzodemons x4
030 Guilty McCreech

All of your figures are small/medium common squads; vulnerable to my poisonous abilities. I have no soulborgs to be repulsed and, due to my army's low figure count and squad numbers, your repulsive apes will not likely benefit from their Feral Rage. Without a Special Attack to bypass the demons' exoskeletons, my army will have few, if any, casualties. If you choose to surrender before blood is drawn, McCreech will gladly dominate you in a game of poker.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
210 Braxas
260 Mezzodemons x4
030 Guilty McCreech
100 Ornak
240 Hydra x2
110 Brunak
50 Me-Burq-Sa

Ornak is the only medium figure for Braxas, and I have no commons. OM 1 on Ornak, move Hydra and Brunak, who moves Ornak into position. OM's 2 and 3 on Hydras. Once Ornak is in good position, use 2 Hydra's or 1 and Me-Burq-Sa instead of Brunak, and Brunak also for Mezzos.

I actually found a use for rnak!
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
100 Ornak
240 Hydra x2
110 Brunak
50 Me-Burq-Sa
210 Axegrinders X3
120 Mogrimm
120 Kaemon Awa
050 Arkmer

Axegrinders should be able to cut through the defense of Hydras and Brunak relatively well because of fearless advantage. Mogrimm provides an extra attack as well as high boost to initiative. Kaemon Awa can shoot through the defense as well as posing a threat on defense. Arkmer has a solid attack and engagement strike which will help him during his clean up duty.

~GT55

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:33 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
210 Axegrinders X3
120 Mogrimm
120 Kaemon Awa
050 Arkmer
~GT55
100 Syvarris
080 Raelin (ROTV)
080 Finn
120 Krug
120 Deathreavers x3

First I'll position Syvarris to gain height advantage and to benefit from both Finn and Raelin's bonuses. Then I send out my rats to engage and slow down your army. Then have Syvarris attacking twice with 5 dice and a range of 9 start picking them off 1 by 1. And if anybody gets close enough to be a threat to him then I send up Krug to interfere and smash. Hopefully by the time my rats are finished your army will be so beat up the rest of my guys can just clean house.

(EDIT oops totally forgot about Finn only helping range 1 units oops. Oh well I can still use him to boost Krug and Raelin and sacrifice him so he actually can help Syvarris.)

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by McHotcakes; July 19th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:10 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
210 Axegrinders X3
120 Mogrimm
120 Kaemon Awa
050 Arkmer
~GT55
100 Syvarris
080 Raelin (ROTV)
080 Finn
120 Krug
120 Deathreavers x3

First I'll position Syvarris to gain height advantage and to benefit from both Finn and Raelin's bonuses. Then I send out my rats to engage and slow down your army. Then have Syvarris attacking twice with 5 dice and a range of 9 start picking them off 1 by 1. And if anybody gets close enough to be a threat to him then I send up Krug to interfere and smash. Hopefully by the time my rats are finished your army will be so beat up the rest of my guys can just clean house.

(EDIT oops totally forgot about Finn only helping range 1 units oops. Oh well I can still use him to boost Krug and Raelin and sacrifice him so he actually can help Syvarris.)
Well met!

185 Nilfeim
140 Heavy Gruts x 2
120 Grimnak
50 Nerak

Ignore Rats, Finn and Krug; kill Syvarris and Raelin, then Krug, then Finn, then any leftover rats, in that order.
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:02 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

185 Nilfeim
140 Heavy Gruts x 2
120 Grimnak
50 Nerak

Ignore Rats, Finn and Krug; kill Syvarris and Raelin, then Krug, then Finn, then any leftover rats, in that order.
140 Knights of Weston x2
100 Sir Denrick
240 Templar Cavalry x2
020 Marcu
500/12

It's a risky match-up, using the lesser champion and the overcosted Templar, but both of those units counter your units. The Knights will advance with Denrick. When your orcs are within threat range, the Templar will strike. The Cavalry won't have horrible survivability because they are immune to chomp and have an additional defense against the heavies. The Weston are solid enough to tie down Nilfheim while the Templar dispatch the orcs. Denrick will slay the dragon.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:41 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

185 Nilfeim
140 Heavy Gruts x 2
120 Grimnak
50 Nerak

140 Knights of Weston x2
100 Sir Denrick
240 Templar Cavalry x2
020 Marcu
500/12

It's a risky match-up, using the lesser champion and the overcosted Templar, but both of those units counter your units. The Knights will advance with Denrick. When your orcs are within threat range, the Templar will strike. The Cavalry won't have horrible survivability because they are immune to chomp and have an additional defense against the heavies. The Weston are solid enough to tie down Nilfheim while the Templar dispatch the orcs. Denrick will slay the dragon.
Well met!

I don't think that's the way it will play out most of the time. The Orcs can outfight the Knights, while screening Nilfeim, who will make short work of the Templars when they come. Denrick won't get to the Dragon.
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Spoiler Alert!

I have to agree with Kolakoski here, I'd choose something more along these lines:

225: 10th Regiment x3
435: Phantom Knights x3
500 Mezzodemon Warmongers

10th have the hugely favorable matchup against Orcs, and I find that Phantom Knights are great against big Dragons and the like. If only their ability helped block Nilfiem's breath. Mezzodemons for some late-game durability, if a bit weak against Grimnack. In any case, he shouldn't still be around by then.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

330 Minions of Utgar x3
450 Torin
500 Marro Warriors
500pts/15hex

The Minions should be able to kill counter the 10th and whack down any PK's. The Marro Warriors are there for clean up and to take out the Mezzos.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM

Ogden of Valhalla is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I've used this exact team atleast ten times and i've only lost ONCE with it. It covers just about any enemy that you would encounter on nearly any map made.
1. major q 10 ---------- 150
2. tandros kreel -------- 120
3. raelin ---------------- 80
4.(2x) phantom knights - 140
5. isamu ---------------- 10
total 500

Extremely deadly and efficient.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion