Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville NHSD 2013 - Oct. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viideosayg View Post
I am coming to this one, and suggest randomly pairing us up as teams to fight each other.
Not possible in this format, I'm afraid.
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Perhaps a game last last a certain amount of rounds. Like 4-6. I dunno. It hard to think if anything besides those

Edit: In W40k, there is a game mode with 3-4 battlefield objective around the map. Whoever controls the most objectives (glyphs) after 4 rounds wins. Ties are decided by full card scoring.

Last edited by orgsbane; September 20th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:22 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

OP up to date with the date (Oct. 19) and formats (area control, capture the flag, heat of battle, reverse the whip, and standard final round).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:30 AM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

This sounds awesome!
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you're bringing a map, make sure it's Area Control friendly. To my mind, the map will be as equal as possible in both width and length, or at the very least has a large enough area in the middle that allows decent separation between placements.

In other words, give some thought as to where the glyphs might go -- we'll decide right before we start -- so there needs to be enough spots on the map that can have glyphs equally apart from each side's start zone. If the glyphs are close to the start zones, then what's the point? Might as well play two rounds of Capture the Flag.

Does anyone have questions about the other formats? Heat of Battle will be as it's currently done at GenCon, so look up the rules in the GenCon threads or ask here. Same with Capture the Flag (taken from the GenCon 2010 event).

Old September 21st, 2013, 12:24 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also:

Given how we are a VC-friendly group (still called C3V/SoV by most), there might be plenty of figures from these new releases that might show up at this event. Meaning, you might be play something in the Reverse-the-Whip portion you've never seen before. So be sure to get your opponent to explain the card if you see something on the card that isn't making sense.

Can't hurt to read through this part of the forum to get familiar: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=75

If you see something you like, then ask to borrow something for the event and play it!

One of the prizes will be a deck of printed cards for C3V/SoV figures for everything released up through Brimstone (the wolves came out after I had the deck printed).

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:41 PM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

I'm coming as far as I know, and need to know what map I need to bring.

Great Transactions with - Lefton4ya, xMindfreak, Ztimster, SuperflyTNT, mdapperc, MarioFanaticXV, JsChild, Twigleg2, ThePhoenix112, Vydar. Great Trades with - Akden, Just_a_Bill
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:20 PM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naesalla View Post
I'm coming as far as I know, and need to know what map I need to bring.
Most maps from the Battlefields of Valhalla section are eligible (tournament maps that have gone through rigorous testing to get approved).

I've always liked Badru Valley, so you can bring that if you can't find something else you like:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=367

Old September 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

np, Badru Valley is being brung, so now it's on?

Great Transactions with - Lefton4ya, xMindfreak, Ztimster, SuperflyTNT, mdapperc, MarioFanaticXV, JsChild, Twigleg2, ThePhoenix112, Vydar. Great Trades with - Akden, Just_a_Bill
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't have much for the prize table (becuase I love my scape oh so much!) but I could bring a repaint. Is tere anything in particular people would like me to do?

EDIT: How about Samuel Brown?

Last edited by orgsbane; September 22nd, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Also:

Given how we are a VC-friendly group (still called C3V/SoV by most), there might be plenty of figures from these new releases that might show up at this event. Meaning, you might be play something in the Reverse-the-Whip portion you've never seen before. So be sure to get your opponent to explain the card if you see something on the card that isn't making sense.

Can't hurt to read through this part of the forum to get familiar: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=75

If you see something you like, then ask to borrow something for the event and play it!
Yes, please, by all means, familiarize yourself with VC, ask to borrow something, and READ ALL CARDS (even your own!) before your games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
If you're bringing a map, make sure it's Area Control friendly. To my mind, the map will be as equal as possible in both width and length, or at the very least has a large enough area in the middle that allows decent separation between placements.

In other words, give some thought as to where the glyphs might go -- we'll decide right before we start -- so there needs to be enough spots on the map that can have glyphs equally apart from each side's start zone. If the glyphs are close to the start zones, then what's the point? Might as well play two rounds of Capture the Flag.

Does anyone have questions about the other formats? Heat of Battle will be as it's currently done at GenCon, so look up the rules in the GenCon threads or ask here. Same with Capture the Flag (taken from the GenCon 2010 event).
On the Glyph front, preferably maps will have a central location, meaning 3 Glyphs per map; either way, we will be choosing locations just before the Area Control round.

I will try to get more detailed rules up for each format soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
I don't have much for the prize table (becuase I love my scape oh so much!) but I could bring a repaint. Is tere anything in particular people would like me to do?

EDIT: How about Samuel Brown?
Sam Brown for the prize table? The one thing I don't have! I've got something for the prize table, too...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I have something for the prize table too...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day