Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 13th, 2013, 08:10 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?
Hunger Games Customs

*LOTS OF SPOILER ALERTS IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED READING THE HUNGER GAMES* (:

I have recently finished reading all of the Hunger games and anticipate "Catching Fire" to come out in November! and while playing heroscape i thought of how well Gamemakers could manipulate the battlefield, how Silver Parachutes might be able to come into play as Glyphs, Tributes get special powers and such.. so i need some experienced Custom Card Makers to help me out with this(: i have a list of units i think may fit and i even have a few ideas for a few of them (if i missed any the let me know):

Book One: The Hunger Games

Capitol Peacemakers (Common Squad)

Cato*

Cinna

Clove*

District 3 Tribute

Foxface*

Gale Hawthorne

Haymitch Abernathy*

Glimmer*

Katniss Everdeen *

Marvel*

Mockingjays

Peeta Melarch*

President Coriolanus Snow

Rue*

Seneca Crane

Thresh*

Tracker Jackers

Wolf Mutts

Effie Trinket

*Tribute Power. Each time they destroy a unit they gain an experience marker. After each round roll the 20-sided die to see if they get a “parachute” which is a random glyph. (just a rough idea, the experience markers could be used for various things depending on the tribute)

the only ideas i can come up with off the top of my head is perhaps Rue being able to leap between evergreen trees, the Wolf Mutts taking the place of defeated Tributes, Gamemakers having Mutt Bonding or Tribute Bonding, Peeta having to roll 20-sided die to see if he becomes "Hijacked", thins like that. im also at the moment trying to construct the arena in "Catching fire" but having little success as i dont have many trees... anyways, any help or feedback would be apreciated(:

Perhaps Just Starting with the First Book Like a "First Wave" or something. It will be difficult to come up with squads for this, as it is mostly Tributes as Unique Heroes. Squads will most likely mainly be mutts within the arena or the Peacemakers

Last edited by Emolink 951; January 13th, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Hunger Games Customs

Not a bad start, although I think that having the game makers on the field is a bit... off, if you know what I mean. I would just have the tributes and creatures in the arena imho, but I definitely like the idea, and this could really present some super awesome maps, especially the 3rd QQ. Perhaps, instead of gamemakers and such on the board, you could have one player a bit like a DM who can change the map slightly, unleash creatures and drop parachutes? Also, you could have an army card for each district which reflects a bit on what they're known for, like coal, farming or technology.
There is definitely a lot you do with this, so keep working on it, but maybe less figures than up there^ or else it could be too much!
Samthegoat
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

yeah.. i think i understand what your saying. it seems like there isnt much bonding among these characters so gamemakers allow for a bit more bonding. but thinking about it, having them in the actual fight is a bit much, and the list could probably be shortened for now. maybe just like start with the first book or something d:

So tell me, what DOES the inside of your mouth taste like? .-.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
Not a bad start, although I think that having the game makers on the field is a bit... off, if you know what I mean. I would just have the tributes and creatures in the arena imho, but I definitely like the idea, and this could really present some super awesome maps, especially the 3rd QQ. Perhaps, instead of gamemakers and such on the board, you could have one player a bit like a DM who can change the map slightly, unleash creatures and drop parachutes? Also, you could have an army card for each district which reflects a bit on what they're known for, like coal, farming or technology.
There is definitely a lot you do with this, so keep working on it, but maybe less figures than up there^ or else it could be too much!
Samthegoat
thanks for the feedback nonetheless, it does help with getting my mind working on how i could make this work for heroscape^^

Old January 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

I see what you mean about bonding, but not everything has to bond, it's real useful to have a few bonding options, but it does sort of take away the fun of drafting an army, so don't feel like you have to do it! Also, with regards to powers, perhaps you could have something like the 'superstregnth' logo from Marvel and C3G for careers, just to give them a bit of help, obviously it wouldn't be as big of a bonus as the Marvel equivalent, I don't know, just brainstorming!
Samhegoat
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:22 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I have been thinking of doing something like this ever since I saw these:
Hunger Games Minis from WizKidz
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
I have been thinking of doing something like this ever since I saw these:
Hunger Games Minis from WizKidz
i believe those would be perfect o: and hey i could use all the help i can get!

Old January 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
I see what you mean about bonding, but not everything has to bond, it's real useful to have a few bonding options, but it does sort of take away the fun of drafting an army, so don't feel like you have to do it! Also, with regards to powers, perhaps you could have something like the 'superstregnth' logo from Marvel and C3G for careers, just to give them a bit of help, obviously it wouldn't be as big of a bonus as the Marvel equivalent, I don't know, just brainstorming!
Samhegoat
yeah, just figuring out how to do everything exactly at the moment! im starting to agree that just having mutts and tributes and such would make for a bit more "Hunger Games-Heroscape" o:

Old January 13th, 2013, 10:46 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

The only figure I ever got around to designing was Foxface:

Foxface
District 5
Human
Unique Hero
Tribute
Tricky
Medium 4
Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 3
Point Value ?

Slippery 6
Elaria the Pale
Stealth Dodge
Krav Maga Agents
Phantom Walk
Moriko

Last edited by betawolf36; January 13th, 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Changed attack to 1
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:56 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:

Foxface
District 5
Human
Unique Hero
Tribute
Tricky
Medium 4
Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
Point Value ?

Slippery 6
Elaria the Pale
Stealth Dodge
Krav Maga Agents
instead of stealth dodge, a running away tactic sounds more like her... like
Flee 13
IF Foxface recieves one or more wounds from a basic attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. if you roll a 1-12 roll defense die normally. if you roll a 13-20 ignore all wounds and immediately move fox face up to 6 spaces where she may end her turn unengaged.

also idunno exactly how to calculate for point total sooo o.o

Old January 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emolink 951 View Post
Quote:

Foxface
District 5
Human
Unique Hero
Tribute
Tricky
Medium 4
Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
Point Value ?

Slippery 6
Elaria the Pale
Stealth Dodge
Krav Maga Agents
Flee 13
IF Foxface recieves one or more wounds from a basic attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. if you roll a 1-12 roll defense die normally. if you roll a 13-20 ignore all wounds and immediately move fox face up to 6 spaces where she may end her turn unengaged.

Slippery 6 is pretty much flee, to an extent. Stealth Dodge exists because I thought that if say, a spear, were to fly at her she would crouch or do something of the like. Plus it forces the opponent adjacent so she can use Slippery 6.
I also added Phantom Walk.
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:08 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emolink 951 View Post
Quote:

Foxface
District 5
Human
Unique Hero
Tribute
Tricky
Medium 4
Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
Point Value ?

Slippery 6
Elaria the Pale
Stealth Dodge
Krav Maga Agents
Flee 13

Slippery 6 is pretty much flee, to an extent. Stealth Dodge exists because I thought that if say, a spear, were to fly at her she would crouch or do something of the like. Plus it forces the opponent adjacent so she can use Slippery 6.
I also added Phantom Walk.
ok seems to make sense^^ just kinda a unit to run around and grab glyphs and such without getting hurt. i think if shes gonna be that hard to catch up to, her defense should be low, which it is. seems like a good first step. any idea about how much shed be worth?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards