Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old December 16th, 2021, 06:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Is there an HoME thread for finalized units?

The current situation may offer some context for why I was proposing a system similar to what Arena of the Valkyrie is using (which is similar to what the C3V does, though less formal than them). That is to say, discrete groups of people owning discrete numbers of designs and seeing them through to completion. Some advantages:

- Attrition has to take out multiple people in the group (or all of them) in order for the group to stop functioning, remaining members can recruit replacements to keep "blood in the system"
- Too many cooks in the kitchen leads to designs going in circles forever, so a limited number of people "in charge" of the design and participating in the discussion helps focus the conversation
- A "work in progress" limit encourages people to finish what they started (which is actually a difficult process) instead of constantly brainstorming the next shiny design

I could see myself returning to the project in the future if my real life allows (so, not anytime soon), and would be happy to work out such a process if the project is still drifting and folks are interesting.

However, I encourage folks to figure out a system, any system at all (that works) and use it. More important than any system, though, is commitment from the volunteers to execute the process and stick it out through the slow and boring times. Actually finishing cards is deeply satisfying, and many parts of the process are fun, but it is also *very hard*, so basically what I'm saying is that the people that will keep grinding are the ones that should decide what the process will be, since they're the ones that will have to deal with it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs