Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 26th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hot new games from GenCon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Ninja Vrs Ninja is great.......
Man that's SOOOO 2008! LOL

I was sadden to see that they did not have the follow up to Ninja vs Ninja...Pirates vs Ninja. No joke it's a real game and it's a 3 player. It's pretty fraking awesome.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Ninja Vrs Ninja is great. I saw the box and was going to buy it since I was running with SWNINJA. So I got and watch a demo for like 3-5 minutes and it looks good, I ask the demo guy a questions and one of the players makes a smart a** remark to my question and I look at him like what the heck, only to see it is WDGRANT a fellow scaper, that was enough for me. I love this one and have already played over 25 games in a day ( 4 or 5 sessions not all at once ) - a fun fast paced game with more strategy then I gave it credit for.

I didn´t have enough time int he dealer hall or enough cash this year, but I still got all of Small Box Games That John had there, I am really excited for Dirge.

I bought Escalation because it was a Knizia and only $10, it is a much better game then I thought and fun one with your non gamer friends.

I did buy 65 6 sided dice for $1 on the last day and thought that was a great deal.

Man this just makes my mouth water wanting to go back next year
I bought it as well, as a gift for my son. Unfortunately, I think we are going to wait and give it to him for Christmas, so I have to wait to play it.
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:59 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

I picked up Revolution. For those of you that loathe Steve Jackson games (munchkin anyone?)... this one is completely different from any of their others. If is fun, easy to learn, hard to master, and has a beautiful board. Plus.. who doesn't love a game where you can bribe the church, then blackmail them for taking a bribe... and if that doesn't gain their loyality... theres always VIOLENCE... really fun game! A+

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/34887

I also grabbed Mission red planet for $13.00, haven't played it yet... but what a good price!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html

Last edited by paradox22; August 28th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
I piked up Revolution. For those of you that loathe Steve Jackson games (munchkin anyone?)... this one is completely different from any of their others.
It is different....he did not design it but its a still a pile of crap, no offense meant to pile of crap.

I played it with Skynight, Bistro and Jim on Saturday. We quit after about 40 minutes. Its just a bad game.

Misson:Red Planet on the other hand is good light FUN! Simple enough for the kids but there is some strategy involved.

I got the Asmondee guy down to $15 on Friday, because I knew I would not be sticking around for ending deals. $13 is steal.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM

paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
I piked up Revolution. For those of you that loathe Steve Jackson games (munchkin anyone?)... this one is completely different from any of their others.
It is different....he did not design it but its a still a pile of crap, no offense meant to pile of crap.

I played it with Skynight, Bistro and Jim on Saturday. We quit after about 40 minutes. Its just a bad game.
I disagree. I think it is a good game, and so do the majority of people I've introduced to it. We played through it twice and had a blast. But.. to each their own.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Huge Fanboy

No offense meant but when two other hard core gamers who I respect and share the same type of game all said it was Blah....well I still have Red Fist flash backs.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:

I disagree. I think it is a good game, and so do the majority of people I've introduced to it. We played through it twice and had a blast. But.. to each their own.
Sorry pal! Been burned by Steve Jackson before. If 4+ well known game enthusiast friends of mine give this thing a thumbs down, I shall pass. If it happens to be an ok game, well I guess I will have missed out. It's ok because I will never be able to play all the great games out there much less the mediocre.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Sorry pal! Been burned by Steve Jackson before. If 4+ well known game enthusiast friends of mine give this thing a thumbs down, I shall pass.
Yeah... Like I said "to each their own." I too hate most of Steve Jacksons games... But I really like Revolution. To those who haven't played it, I would try it before shooting it down. Many of my "hardcore war gamer" friends (Warhammer 40K, AT-43, Warmachine, Hordes) hate Heroscape... good thing I didn't listen to them.

Old August 29th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

I am not a fan of Munchikin or any of that kind of game. Just not my thing. So most of Steve Jackson games I have missed. Some buddies reccomendded Revolution as their new fav, so I sat down to give it a try.

Loved it. It is so different than anything out there. Very well thought out and a ton of laughter was had.

It may not be for everyone, but I loved the hell out of it and ended up buying it the next day.

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Sorry pal! Been burned by Steve Jackson before. If 4+ well known game enthusiast friends of mine give this thing a thumbs down, I shall pass. If it happens to be an ok game, well I guess I will have missed out. It's ok because I will never be able to play all the great games out there much less the mediocre.
I do have to say it's not the worse game I have ever played, but by far it was at the bottom of all the games I played/demo-ed while @ '09.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

With all the winners, why mess with the "meh" crowd?

Ninja V. Pirates
Adventurers
Rush N Crush

It's all I needed!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
With all the winners, why mess with the "meh" crowd?

Ninja V. Pirates
Adventurers
Rush N Crush

It's all I needed!
I thought you weren't messing with the "meh" crowd...

I don't know what it was abotu Rush N Crush, but outside of the half-assed card games that Catalyst was demoing, this was the worst game I played at Gencon. I may need to see if I can find a local guy who has it. It just seemed way impossible to move at a decent speed AND not die. One guy we played with got hella lucky and was moving like 14 spaces and still getting no heat and being able to get all the lane changes he needed. The board just seems extremely difficult and almost impossible to traverse at a pace that makes it fun. Also, there seemed to be that one guy could get lucky and just haul ass through the entire track and win pretty simply. Maybe that was a rare case at the demo, but personally I liked Formula D better...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games