Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 14th, 2007, 07:09 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
That's an awful lot of sleeves.

Hello, Surrey-person! You know, I thought I was going to get a Laurel and Hardy handshake in before Aldin popped up - alas, not to be, our resident greeter is on the job tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Bad news RD! Sandra said she won't be shipping the International parcels with Sotm until Monday unless you have wave 3 then you have to wait until she gets more stock because Wave 3 has sold out...again.
I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if my wave 3 bits hadn't been put to one side, given that the order was placed over three months ago.
Me too - I don't understand why wave 3 wouldn't have been put on one side for us as I also pre-ordered mine over 3 months ago!
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:47 AM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
I kinda stick with essentialboardgames.co.uk and theplaceforgames.com for the ones available in the UK. They are pretty cheap, but don't sell SotM or Marvel yet

Anyways, I haven't had any luck with HMG, and now today I might be getting Lawmen and Samurai, and Ninjas and Samurai (trying to get more squads)!!!

This is what I do for a living:
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:13 AM

willward has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by callaza
hi im new im from chertsey, surrey

i usually buy heroscape from amazon
welcome to the forum callaza

I STILL HAVENT PLAYED THIS GAME
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I'm pretty sure that we will see SOTM in the UK, now Esdevium are handling the Heroscape line as its official distributor in the UK. Although I think it will see far fewer units sold than was the case when Argos and other High Street shops carried it, ultimately the game has a better chance of growing some grass-roots support in the UK with the right sort of distributor putting it in the right sort of shop.

You kow, I can't help but wonder how Heroscape would have gone down in the UK, if there had been a "Games Workshop" logo on the corner of the box, and if it had been available in GW stores. No doubt the Zettians would have been rethemed as Tau, and Marro as Necrons (though orks are orcs are orcs).

Although GW's support for its boardgames was usually limited to a fairly patchy 6 months (by the time of the last great "hobby games" like Mordheim and BFG), I believe that having it available and set up in GW stores would have seen it flying off the shelf, instead of languishing in the Argos warehouses.

Anyway, different topic. Thanks to Skullsgood for running an excellent tourney today. Although my aggressive avians were something of a let-down (except against my partner's army, whom they had murdered several times already this week, and in the last game where they despatched almost twice their points-worth until they got cocky and picked on some samurai from Izumi), I really enjoyed the day.

I'll let skulls make an official announcement as to winners et cetera later, and photos to follow once I've uploaded them.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 15th, 2007, 02:23 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Can't wait for pics RD. I would have gone because I would've only needed to get one train to go to Northampton but me and my brother took my dad out for a birthday meal (which was filling BTW)
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:03 AM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
I'm getting a set of the Roman Legion and Snipers and Vipers! Whoo!

Old September 16th, 2007, 06:55 AM

Shame. Because you'll be wanting to save up for another set of each. One set of Romans on their own are less than half as good as two sets together. The archers' special attack pretty much requires that you have two squads in your army, otherwise when you take just one casualty, the special attack is lost for good.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old September 16th, 2007, 01:15 PM

My mate is swapping me a set of Orcs for a set of Legions. Just gotta wait a few weeks for my pocket money to increase. He's then giving me a set of Snipers for free!

Old September 16th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Some pics from yesterday's tournament.

Or at least there would be, if freeimagehosting.net weren't a bunch of useless tosspots.

I swear, it could try a man's patience.

Try this Flickr gallery instead, until I get the chance to kick some life back into my usual picture hosts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13635487@N05/

Old September 16th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Sorry RD my computer is going Slow-mo so I haven't been able to look at all the pics.
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM

So's Freeimagehosting, where the pics are downloaded from. i sear, that site tries my patience some days.

Old September 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM

That's probably what it is then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers