Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 7th, 2024, 08:34 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: GTM HeroScape AoA Previews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I'm interested to see what Renegade produces beyond the AoA stuff that was preexisting. We have seen them tweak the names a little, and we have seen some marketing material that was likely produced by a different team, but we haven't seen any really original game component design. I wonder what that will look like and when it will start to come out.
I believe the Wellspring water is entirely original. The gameplay mechanics for it are.. not great.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 7th, 2024, 09:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've just put Gold Star stickers on 7 sparkly water hexes, and my Wellspring Water is ready to go. For those who don't like that they can lose 2 Wounds by rolling a 1-2, I'll note that this is in keeping with Heroscape tradition. A roll of 1 gives you the same penalty using Kelda the Kyrie Warrior.
Old March 7th, 2024, 10:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, crazy big impactful dice rolls are a part of the Heroscape aesthetic. It's not designed as some sharply balanced competitive game (though tournament directors do their best to format it as such). It's designed to be game packed with wild swings and memorable moments - the kind of thing you'd want when it's a parent playing with their kid.

Realizing this, for instance, has made me realize why molten lava is how it is and why it should have an enduring place in the Valhalla game.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2024, 11:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nothing is more fun than having Jotun toss your friend's Hulk into Lava.
Old March 7th, 2024, 12:15 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nothing is more fun than having Jotun toss your friend's Hulk into Lava.
...or rolling that 20 to survive lava damage. I'm INVINCIBLE!!!

-insert signature here-
Old March 7th, 2024, 01:08 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I've just put Gold Star stickers on 7 sparkly water hexes, and my Wellspring Water is ready to go. For those who don't like that they can lose 2 Wounds by rolling a 1-2, I'll note that this is in keeping with Heroscape tradition. A roll of 1 gives you the same penalty using Kelda the Kyrie Warrior.
When I was first learning Heroscape and rolled for Kelda the other player would call out "Malpractice" in the hope that I would take damage from the roll.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old March 7th, 2024, 01:57 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's designed to be game packed with wild swings and memorable moments - the kind of thing you'd want when it's a parent playing with their kid.

Realizing this, for instance, has made me realize why molten lava is how it is and why it should have an enduring place in the Valhalla game.
Including Deathwalker 9000 in RotV was an amazing choice for exactly this reason. That robot can survive an all-skulls roll from Carr or Drake's swords, then die the next turn to an unboosted Grut Archer despite height advantage and Raelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 9th, 2024, 10:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As some of you know, my local group The New York City Gang of Four does casual multiplayer games, as we have been doing for the last 17 years, monthly at least here at my place in Brooklyn, NY. Allthough all five of us are well known here and there on the site for our own custom scenarios, custom figures, maps, and etc. and have been involved in the committee custom work for C3V and C3G to a greater or lesser degree since their inception, we also game here in our own Scape reality, which rarely encompasses the traditional tournament scene (except when we participated in the old annual Long Island Scape Cons, which may finally be revived since Covid killed off the scene).

Now I've just updated my own Age of Annihilation Revival Project to include the new Renegade Games AOA Wave 1 Reveals. My April game will therfore include all of the new Wave 1 cards and terrain by proxy as much as possible, integrating it in our own Scape Universe of Classic/Custom and Supers games, for which we provide a new custom scenario at every game by one of us (Chas, Sherman Davies, Taeblewalker, Kolakoski, and now Thrasher Darkrai).

Since that Universe lives in its own thread (see my signature link below) I don't often mention us in other posts, but I want to make what we are doing available to all as usual, who may not be familiar with our games. Therefore, I provide this link, so you can see what we are doing and take any of it you choose for your own pleasure, including fun Scape scenarios and my rules for Illusory Walls just hinted at but never revealed in the old Haslab offering, etc., etc., and etc. My most recent changes to integrate Renegade Wave 1 into our own games fare now here. Feel free:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...19#post2619319

The most recent activity is of course at the end of this very long thread. A history of the group is at the beginning. Many of my own scenarios are now listed separatly for the first time in the Maps and Scenarios section of the Customs site section. They include everything from a game where the Heroscape Generals appear on the battlefield themselves, to an active volcano spewing lava placed during the game by the various participants! And lots more! Enjoy.
Old March 9th, 2024, 10:43 AM

Has anybody got a link to the new Master Set rulebook? I've heard that it is available, but haven't been able to find it.

I'm wondering if it has any new rules for the Walls, since so far I've been using my own rules for "Illusory Walls," as suggested but not revealed in the old Haslab offering. Just as with the new card reveals, all of the new Renegade stuff will now supercede anything my gang has been using up to now...we've been playing right along since Haslab failed with as much of AOA cards, rules, and terrain as we can, now integrated into our regular games.
Old March 9th, 2024, 10:45 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@chas
I uploaded it here just in case.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=5679
Of note, we're missing the Scenario book still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; March 9th, 2024 at 11:11 AM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 11:29 AM

Nukatha,

Hey, thanks a lot. I see no mention of any of the new terrain type characteristics there. I wonder if the Master Set will include any for the Walls which it will have in it. In the meantime, my own rules for Illusory Walls will suffice for our group, the NYCG4. Renegade's Wave 1 seems to leave out some of the Haslab stuff, at least for now.

I see you mention a seperate Scenario Book. I've been wondering whether the Scenarios (and their maps) will be made available online for us. (They did mention there would be three free scenarios posted up starting in September).
Old March 10th, 2024, 02:56 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, crazy big impactful dice rolls are a part of the Heroscape aesthetic. It's not designed as some sharply balanced competitive game (though tournament directors do their best to format it as such). It's designed to be game packed with wild swings and memorable moments - the kind of thing you'd want when it's a parent playing with their kid.

When the Marvel master set came out, I had my nephews over for a game night. The older had the five heroes, and his little brother was stuck with the villains, much to his lament... for about a minute.

They'd played Heroscape before, so they dove right in. The older led with Hulk super leaping most of the way across the battlefield, only for his brother's Red Skull to walk right up and roll a 20 on Dust of Death!

Those kinds of moments stick in kids' heads. That kid drafted Red Skull in so many matches after that!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News