Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 12th, 2023, 01:06 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I hope they do some official re-releases of some squads like maybe how wave 10 had that conglomeration pack. I really just want more spiders tbh
Yes I also want reprints of some of the rare figures
I know they said they "lost the molds" for the old Heroscape classic units, and I expect Hasbro still has molds for the DnD units...which likely is not included in the license, idk.

Anyway, I'm mentally prepared for no reprints unless it's using re-made molds/sculpts. Renegade could just go to the AllThingsHeroscape website and focus on the ones that sell for the highest cost.

Wizards of the Coast literally does this for their Modern Masters packs, reprinting valuable old cards and selling them in packs at a premium price – priced higher than a typical Standard pack.
Old June 12th, 2023, 01:59 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I hope they do some official re-releases of some squads like maybe how wave 10 had that conglomeration pack. I really just want more spiders tbh
I know they said they "lost the molds" for the old Heroscape classic units, and I expect Hasbro still has molds for the DnD units...which likely is not included in the license, idk.

Anyway, I'm mentally prepared for no reprints unless it's using re-made molds/sculpts. Renegade could just go to the AllThingsHeroscape website and focus on the ones that sell for the highest cost.

Wizards of the Coast literally does this for their Modern Masters packs, reprinting valuable old cards and selling them in packs at a premium price – priced higher than a typical Standard pack.
I wonder if Renegade will be allowed to do reprints (or new molds of old units) since all the old stuff was under the Hasbro umbrella as opposed to this license.

-insert signature here-
Old June 12th, 2023, 02:07 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder if Renegade will be allowed to do reprints (or new molds of old units) since all the old stuff was under the Hasbro umbrella as opposed to this license.
Surely it would be similar to using the same general names and terrain design. Time will tell.

Frankly, new terrain will be a huge blessing; half of my stuff is getting quite brittle.
Old June 12th, 2023, 02:48 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd imagine that if Hasbro expects they could make money by allowing Renegade to do it, then they would allow it; so if we keep suggesting that we would be receptive to it then I'd say we have good chances of it happening
Old June 12th, 2023, 04:47 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think I'd be more in favor of 'reprints' with new sculpts. Add some variety to what's already out there.

-insert signature here-
Old June 12th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When I saw the news it made me think that I'm glad that the crowdfunding failed and that the new ownership by Renegade will result in a better game than we would have had with AoA. Of course I'll consider it solid when we have a release date. Things can fall through. I feel more optimistic on this new news than I did when I first heard about AoA though.
Old June 12th, 2023, 05:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
When I saw the news it made me think that I'm glad that the crowdfunding failed and that the new ownership by Renegade will result in a better game than we would have had with AoA. Of course I'll consider it solid when we have a release date. Things can fall through. I feel more optimistic on this new news than I did when I first heard about AoA though.
Hmm, kinda feel like the bold part begs for extrapolation. For all we know, Renegade will box up the AoA stuff and sell it direct to us.

Though I guess they promised terrain packs ... so, yeah, inarguably a superior product already.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2023, 06:28 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wonder if we'll be hearing from Craig or the War Council Members soon. I read that one our prominent Scaper designers/playtesters owns part of Renegade! I also note that Sir Heroscape has posted an initial 90 minute discussion video on youtube.

Last edited by chas; June 12th, 2023 at 07:31 PM.
Old June 12th, 2023, 06:36 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Hmm, kinda feel like the bold part begs for extrapolation. For all we know, Renegade will box up the AoA stuff and sell it direct to us.

Though I guess they promised terrain packs ... so, yeah, inarguably a superior product already.
Because Renegade is a full on hobby game company as opposed to a massive corporate kids toy company. The price may be higher but I would expect things to be better play-tested and packaged in a more sensible manner. Like producing more packs of the commons, terrain packs, etc.

Heroscape isn't really a game that fits into the kind of a box that corporations like (literally). It's a different beast than Hasbro's normal stuff.

Also on a personal perspective, I'd rather have my new Heroscape not painted at all and be FFG style plain grey than be sets of solid colors like AoA would have been

Plus, assuming many of the same developers are in on it, like Craig. I'd think that working with Renegade would inspire and equip those developers to create the best product possible instead of being hindered with red tape with Hasbro.
Old June 12th, 2023, 06:53 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sir Heroscape notes that the language of the press release regarding putting out various types of products at different prices could mean a prepainted option.
Old June 12th, 2023, 07:19 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

I was Quite Happy to Here we are finally going to see new Heroscape released.
Since we are to as stated get Terrain Packs of some sort.

I also will like to see what they package and what will be offered.

It will be interesting if they are going to have an Option to have rights to AOA or not.
And if so Will they release it Prepained?

Either way I am just happy to hear we will get Heroscape. Now we just have to wait and see what they will bring to the table and the packaged offerings when it is released to us.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old June 12th, 2023, 08:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

Because Renegade is a full on hobby game company as opposed to a massive corporate kids toy company. The price may be higher but I would expect things to be better play-tested and packaged in a more sensible manner. Like producing more packs of the commons, terrain packs, etc.

Heroscape isn't really a game that fits into the kind of a box that corporations like (literally). It's a different beast than Hasbro's normal stuff.

Also on a personal perspective, I'd rather have my new Heroscape not painted at all and be FFG style plain grey than be sets of solid colors like AoA would have been

Plus, assuming many of the same developers are in on it, like Craig. I'd think that working with Renegade would inspire and equip those developers to create the best product possible instead of being hindered with red tape with Hasbro.
Lots of assumptions in here. We’ll have to wait and see

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News