Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 15th, 2014, 01:42 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2014

@warriorneedsfoodbadly will there be wifi there? That way I can build the map using my iPad instead having to print out the instructions.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 16th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
@warriorneedsfoodbadly will there be wifi there? That way I can build the map using my iPad instead having to print out the instructions.
Can't you download the PDF to your device? That's how I do it on my Android phone.

And/or, I'm happy to bring instructions for all the maps, if you guys like. I'm pretty sure our color laser is working well, although I haven't tried it out yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

I have built Draugur tho. Nice-looking map. Hopefully I can get a game in on it tomorrow or Fri. I did have to substitue some stalagmites for glaciers, but unless someone is planning on bringing yetis I don't think it really matters. Also, the answer to the ever-popular heavy snow/slippery ice question for this map is: neither. Otherwise the start zones would be impossible to get out of.

Can't hardly to wait to see everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:09 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Definitely busy in the morning so I'm sorry to leave you with an odd number :/ My mother may be encroaching on my plans to come over for after games too *sigh*. I'll be playing tomorrow by ear fellas.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:18 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

It won't be the same without Detrimentalman making some kind of appearance.

Please, Xotli, printout color copies of my 2 maps. They'll be crucial.

We used to have wifi but they were switching services or something so I'll have to ask in the office whenever they arrive in the morning.

Glad to see Counterstrike affirming his participation.
Could you bring along the maps in the tube you borrowed from RenMan?
Thanks.

How about our score cards. What must they include? Xotli, can you print those as well?

I don't know that anything else is necessary for Leotheanimal87 to bring. Thanks for asking.
Old October 18th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Please, Xotli, printout color copies of my 2 maps. They'll be crucial.
I'll do what I can, but the stupid printer is printing funky colors. So it might be a bit hard to work out which colors go with which terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
How about our score cards. What must they include? Xotli, can you print those as well?
Actually, I have no idea where those are, and I'm sure they're not completely updated IAE. I think we can get by without them, though: everyone's phone has a calculator on it, right?

One thing we need to chat about tomorrow is how the points work--i.e. points remaining vs points destroyed, how you count figures that weren't destroyed but are not on the board, etc.

I've got two of the three maps torn down and packed up, 11 armies completely packed and another one almost done, and all the non-refrigerator food is ready. Just need to pack up all the dice and OMs and whatnot, grab the cold food in the morning, round up the passengers, and head out. If we can get on the road by 10:30, we should be there by 11. I'll make one more pass through before I head to bed in case anyone posts anything else.

In 12 hours we'll be scaping!

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Okay, all my maps packed, with their instructions, and said instructions marked to help with the funky colors, plus whatever substitutions I made. I will attempt to print out wnfb's and Leo's maps in the morning. However, I definitely have all 7 maps downloaded to my phone, and a note to myself to bring the cell phone charger. I found Fluxx but not Munchkin--I'll have Quillon go on the hunt for that tomorrow. All dice/OMs/wound markers packed, a few misc figures and all my cards (including all the VC cards), a bunch of glyphs (although we always say we're going to use them and then we never do ), a few extra trees and terrain bits, and my emergency repair kit. Oh, and a very modest contribution to the prize table. I think I'm pretty well set at this point.

I tried out my new backup army and it apparently sucks as hard as my first backup army. Plus it's too terrain-dependent, so on a bad map it sucks really hard, but even on a map where it could totally shine, Quillon spanked me hard in our final practice game with his new backup army. So I may revert to my original backup army, and/or just pray my primary army works well enough I don't need to switch.

I will poke my head in here one more time before we take off, but I'm guessing I'll probably just see you there in about 7 hours time. WOOHOO!!!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:44 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Great day today guys! Highlight of the day goes to Xotli for finally beating me and putting me in third hahaha We'll see if the dice gods roll in your favor next year (After my 3 horrible whiffs for defense with 7 dice I seriously need to make some sacrifices to the dice gods ) Thank you warriorneedsfoodbadly for having us. And I hope we can meet up sooner again guys. I will post pictures soon.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 19th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Had a blast as always, guys. Can't wait to see the pics!

I've posted a VC-focussed tourney report over in the VC forum. Check it out.

Also, I promised wnfb that I'd post a link to DanieLoche's Hall of Valhalla page. So, now I have.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Hey, @warriorneedsfoodbadly :

I'm putting together public armies on HAC for all this year's tourney participants, so I can easily refer to the armies in threads, and/or we can all remember what we fielded when reminiscing later, and/or just general public interest if people want to know what we're playing out here in sunny southern Cali. Now, I built seven of the ten armies, plus all the backup armies that were actually used (I'm pretty sure), and I played against 2 of the 3 remaining ones, so I know what was in those (and I already jotted them down while they were fresh in my mind). But what I don't know is what you had in your army. Elementals, I believe, but I don't remember the details. If you can recall, let me know and I'll add your army in as well then post links to all the armies in the top post for posterity.

Thx!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 1st, 2014, 03:01 PM

Thanks to all who participated this year and made our fun-filled day a success!
I created my original elementals army when they first came out:
3 X Fire = 105pts
1 X Water = 30pts
Ana Karithon = 100pts
Kelda = 80pts
Kurrok = 120pts and
Raelin(1) = 80pts
Adjustments after the Restricted List made it:
2 X Fire = 70pts
1 X Water = 30pts
Ana Karithon = 100pts
Kelda = 80pts
Kurrok = 120pts and
Raelin(2) = 120pts
This makes it more difficult in getting it to work.
Old November 11th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Hey guys! For posterity, I've put all the armies that were played in the tournament this year into HAC as public armies. I only included backup armies if they were actually used in at least one game.I also reported on our tourney from the VC perspective over in the customs area. Check it out, and chime in with your thoughts, if you like. (Also, if you see any mistakes I made in the rosters, please let me know!)

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:02 AM

This year's thread,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=52245

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day