Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2011, 04:28 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2011

Xotli - Check the first post. WNFB put up some options for us to vote on.

I say everyone listed as yes or maybe can vote for a maximum of 2 formats... The one with the most votes wins!

WNFB - I say add the Double Edged Sword Format to the list and allow everyone to vote on 2 formats.... Pick a date (Maybe a week from now?) and set it as the voting deadline. Tally all the votes and then let's get ready for some Heroscape!
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

YES, should be there.

I vote for Everyone is a winner with a slight twist. We can vote on 3-4 different formats and have a mock tournament. We could also do one serious round (maybe with Hexes Texas) for those who want something more competitive. People can even make challenges on others (ie in the 2v2 round people can pick partners and then challenge each other) or let chance decide for them at the event.

You get the idea. Since we don't want to split the vote up too much maybe if a few people like the idea we can have a second vote or just add a grab bag format to the vote.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I still have concerns that anything too varied or drastic could be confusing to our kidscapers of which I know we will have at least a couple. While I'm all for changing things up I would prefer to do so without turning anyone away from their enjoyment of the game. Making things too complex could be an issue. Perhaps we can nominate a few set formats for play and then vote on those rather than a long multiple choice list?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:07 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

We could do a tournament that changes formats every round. The first round would be normal. The second would be team. The third you'd trade armies. The fourth would be a random change on points. The Fifth would go back to normal. It seems fun and keeps everyone happy.

As for voting, I'd prefer Team, and then Hexes in Texas

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Counterstrike has disabled reputation

Ill be there
Old August 28th, 2011, 02:06 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I think if we get 2 votes, that should keep worries of the split vote down. But if we keep adding formats to vote on, I'll have to increase the vote #.
I'm not sure how to add in the grab bag option.
For my suggestion of everyone using the same army, we could do the vote thing again with everyone submitting one army to vote on.
I haven't seen a reply from Xotli on his attendance status.
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I think you need to do one of your email blasts to every person in the lower half of Cali again to make sure everyone knows about the event and gets a chance to weigh in as well.

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Oh ... sorry! Yep, I'm planning on being there. I haven't spoken to SSX yet. Although, you know, he will be a teenager at that point, so any arguments as to whether such and such a format is too complicated for younger players will likely not apply to him.

I'm holding my vote(s) until we settle on exactly what the options are. Don't want to shoot my wad too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Oh ... sorry! Yep, I'm planning on being there. I haven't spoken to SSX yet. Although, you know, he will be a teenager at that point, so any arguments as to whether such and such a format is too complicated for younger players will likely not apply to him.

I'm holding my vote(s) until we settle on exactly what the options are. Don't want to shoot my wad too early.
Yeah but last year his teen-ness kept him from playing at all IIRC.

I think we need to brainstorm a bit more but either way I'd prefer to keep things more on the simple end. Running the event can be complicated enough without having to change gears every round.

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
I haven't spoken to SSX yet. Although, you know, he will be a teenager at that point, so any arguments as to whether such and such a format is too complicated for younger players will likely not apply to him.
Yeah but last year his teen-ness kept him from playing at all IIRC.
True dat, but being all emo and hopped up on pubescent hormones is totally different from not being able to understand the complicated format.

Although there are other younger players to consider, of course. Not trying to imply we shouldn't consider them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I think we need to brainstorm a bit more but either way I'd prefer to keep things more on the simple end.
Simple is good. There's lot of "different" that still falls under "simple."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:37 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
As for voting, I'd prefer Team, and then Hexes in Texas
Seconded.

(or combine the two? heheh)

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:07 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

I vote for...

The same as the previous years
Or
Hexes in Texas restricted unit format

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day