Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old November 15th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Hirst Arts Hex Molds

I was just looking at the Hirst Arts website and saw they now have hex molds. I've never done any casting, but I've always wanted to get into it. It could be a cool way to put some custom terrain together.
Old November 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hirst Arts Hex Molds

Wow! Cool find. Looks pretty time consuming, but would add a ton to battlefields if you had some of that stuff.
Old November 15th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Yeah, it's another hobby altogether. It won't appeal to most here, but I know there will be one or two.
Old November 15th, 2014, 04:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks cool enough, how labor intensive is it to do.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 15th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Quest Quitter

They have a ton of tutorials on their website*, and there is a forum for them with tips and tricks that would probably have that answer. I think from pouring the mold to being able to use it is quite a length of time, but most of that is drying outside the mold. A lot of the guys on their forum use food dehydrators to dry the casts. I think they usually take the pieces out of the mold after about 20 minutes. I think they dry for a day. I think they often will pour 4 molds at a time.

* I actually picked up a lot of custom terrain tips from their tutorials.
Old March 5th, 2015, 04:49 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

These are definitely up my alley.

I know of a couple board layouts that work very well which I would love to make a permanent fixture out of.

Thanks for alerting me to these. I visit Hirstarts often, and missed them.
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Have several of their molds. Takes some time to cast the molds over and over to get enough to build, once I acquired several different molds, I got a process down where I was able to cast a lot in one evening. I use plaster of Paris. It works OK, but can chip easily. Learned to let them fully cure for 24-48 hours before assembly.

These new hex tiles look interesting. I'll probably wait until they post pictures to decide to purchase or not.
Old March 6th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Bruce Hirst has had the pictorial.article up for awhile now. You just had to go to the home page rather than the retail link in the OP.

http://www.hirstarts.com/rockhex/rockhex.html

After all the time and expense it takes to make this stuff, there is no way I would ever use plaster of paris. It's just too soft. Hydrostone at the very least. Even michaels craft shops carry it.
Old March 7th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Bruce Hirst has had the pictorial.article up for awhile now. You just had to go to the home page rather than the retail link in the OP.

http://www.hirstarts.com/rockhex/rockhex.html

After all the time and expense it takes to make this stuff, there is no way I would ever use plaster of paris. It's just too soft. Hydrostone at the very least. Even michaels craft shops carry it.
Thanks - I found that last night after I had posted here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles