Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 13th, 2020, 05:43 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
C3G Public Survey Thread

We've been having a lot of discussion about repaints and figure mods here at C3G, but we want to hear from the C3G Public about their opinions on things.

We value your feedback, so help us chart some of the future of C3G, with more surveys in this vein to come!

Current and Past Surveys:
Figure Mods and Repaints
Official Figure Usage Questionnaire

Last edited by LordVenoc; November 19th, 2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old November 13th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Public Survey Thread

C3G Figure Repaints/Modifications Survey

Quote:
  1. How do you generally feel about figure repaints or figure mods in C3G?

2. How many figure repaints and/or modifications have you personally completed/had someone complete for you?
    1. 0
    2. 1-2
    3. 3-5
    4. 6-10
    5. 10+

3. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you:
    1. Happily partake in any and all of them.
    2. Enjoy making the ones I want, skip ones I don't care about.
    3. I like making my own, more detailed versions
    4. Don’t enjoy feeling I have to do that level of work.
    5. I like one (repaints/mods) but generally shy away from the other unless really interested.
    6. I don’t really mind either.
    7. I don’t tend to do them because I will usually just proxy stuff.
    8. I actively avoid repaints
    9. I actively avoid mods
    10. I actively avoid all mods and repaints.
    11. I'm not interested/lack the time to develop the skills to make the mods.
    12. I don’t actually buy figures at all.
    13. Other:

4. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for C3G do you feel that:
    1. I have enjoyed the rate of released repaints and mods.
    2. I wish there were more repaints.
    3. I wish there were more mods.
    4. I like repaints and mods, but have felt a little overwhelmed with how many have come out.
    5. I am okay with repaints and mods, but have felt like there were a lot to keep up with.
    6. I don't like/do repaints or mods.
    7. Other:
Old November 13th, 2020, 06:56 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

My answers are from the perspective of someone who plays on Tabletop Simulator 95% of the time, but hope they help either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
C3G Figure Repaints/Modifications Survey

Quote:
    I've got no problem with them. As C3G adds units outside of Marvel/DC/Heroclix, we'll eventually have to start coming up with our own solutions for figures. Besides, we already do have repaints/mods in the first place, and none of them are particularly difficult from what I've seen

2. How many figure repaints and/or modifications have you personally completed/had someone complete for you?
    1. 0

3. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you:
    1. Other: My physical collection is ~50 figures right now, but I'm not against painting/modding figures myself. I already paint for Warhammer 40K, so it's pretty much the exact same thing.

Last edited by FreshFoods; November 14th, 2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old November 14th, 2020, 05:34 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glad to!
Quote:
    If there are no clix or other prepainted readily available figure, I wholeheartedly welcome any mods for a character we would otherwise not get. I got some glue and paints and enjoy the challenge of crafting a new figure, seeing how good I can get them to look and if they don't turn out perfect it's still better than a proxy. I also had no experience painting/modding beforehand so I still have proud memories of successfully pulling off my first ones, Sub-Zero and Scorpion.
    1. E - 10+ edit
      Mostly Mortal Kombat and the horror icons.

1. B - Enjoy making the ones I want, skip ones I don't care about.
      It's great having the C3G cards and step by step guides for figures I might otherwise be unsuccessful in custom making myself.

1. A - I have enjoyed the rate of released repaints and mods.
      Keep 'em comin'. Waiting on da Terminator and Snake Eyes and Kratos, etc.

Last edited by Splash; November 30th, 2020 at 12:13 AM.
Old November 14th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Response:
Quote:
    I'm consistently impressed. Whoever noticed that the outline used in the Negative Man mini matches the outline used in the Guardian mini used for the Negative Spirit repaint is a genius.

Lady death offers two paint options, both of which look great. I'd never guess either was Valkyrie.

Spawn came out amazingly. Just to name a few.
    1. 0, mostly because I haven't gotten around to doing any. In some instances, like the Mysterio Holograms, I kind of feel bad covering up such an awesome mini. And my Mysterio figs are 1 blue base and two yellow bases, so I may leave him that way. Though I am a fan of the official C3G paintjob.
      I also don't see myself cutting up the mini used for Nightcrawler (II).
  3. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you
    Other: As pretty much stated, have a few minis that I either intend to repaint but haven't yet, or not sure I wanted to once I got the mini.
Old November 15th, 2020, 01:17 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually I left the Mysterio Holograms unpainted as well, I just use a different Mysterio sculpt/mini for the main card(Amazing Spider-Man Heroclix) some standard C3G figures I use different sculpts if I like them more. I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people didn't use a different mini for Nightcrawler (I). And some C3G cards came out back in the day when the only clix options were the early more melted plastic variety.
Old November 15th, 2020, 01:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah Wolverine and Nightcrawler both had pretty limited Clix options back when they came out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
some standard C3G figures I use different sculpts if I like them more.
I'd be interested to hear more on what those are, maybe in its own thread. I haven't seen such a thread for C3G. So many cool clix and miniatures in general, I'd love to hear people's favorites.

Which Wolverine do you use @IAmBatman ?

And curious, who spotted the Negative Spirit mini opportunity? Was it @MrNobody ?
Old November 15th, 2020, 02:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I use the white t-shirt one mostly (I think that's the one we carded) but sometimes I'll use a blue and yellow suit one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
some standard C3G figures I use different sculpts if I like them more.
I'd be interested to hear more on what those are, maybe in its own thread. I haven't seen such a thread for C3G. So many cool clix and miniatures in general, I'd love to hear people's favorites.

And curious, who spotted the Negative Spirit mini opportunity? Was it @MrNobody ?
It was something I found on one of the Heroclix sites! I agree it’s very clever, but I can’t take credit for it.
Old November 15th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
  1. how do you generally feel about figure repaints or figure mods in c3g?
    I really enjoy doing mods/repaints. Not only do I love to see other peoples custom stuff, I enjoy doing my own. I love to see the tutorials on here and I don't see it as a choir, but a cool way to expand my collection.

2. how many figure repaints and/or modifications have you personally completed/had someone complete for you?
    1. I've done well over 10 mod/repaints

3. when it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you:
    1. I happily partake in any and all of them.

4. when it comes to repainted or modified figures for c3g do you feel that:
    1. i have enjoyed the rate of released repaints and mods. Can't wait to see more.
This was a good idea to get the feelers out.
Old November 15th, 2020, 05:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
You didn't ask but...

WE have 5 Wolverine figures somehow and we just choose the one we want that game. We have the tee shirt one, a brown suit one (my son's favorite), the X-force black and grey, and two yellow and Blue ones. Eventually we may need a few of these (like the X-force one hint-hint) but until then we will just use the figure that fits the army.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy