Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Northwest Nhsd Oct.19th

Thanks everybody for the great day yesterday, my daughters and I all had a great time.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Thanks for all of the hard work that went into this event. TONS of map building, map design, and transport .. lots of organizing and tournament directing .. and a great place to host the event.

Here's a shot of NHSD 2013 Oregon-style:

Also added some Action-Shots from the day ... lots and lots of DRAGONS!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obfuscatedhippo/

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; October 20th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Lookin' good! Can't wait to read the reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Here's what I brought:

Army # 1: VYDAR
Laglor
Krav Maga Agents
Microcorp Troopers x3
Otonashi
Isamu
Raelin RotV

Record: 1-2

Army # 2: UTGAR
Cyprien
Sonya
Marro Stingers x4
Torin

Record: 2-1

Favorite Matches:
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Thanks again to everyone that made it, kiddo and I had a way fun day! I really liked all the maps and my opponents made every game a delight( I guess except for poor Riley, he lost like 18 guys to my Zelrig .... He took it real well, such a good sport).

Congrats to Tuk for taking home the promo and the trophy.

FINAL RESULTS:

Toogwick_tuk
Master of disaster
ROADRAGE
Wingman,robbdaman and Riley
Longy418 and Dysole
Lil roadie and obfuscatedhippo
Huskies16 and White q knight
Nomad, Piper and Sydney
William099 and Caleb
I_r_beej

I can't believe how many ties we had with none of those that tied having played each other, usually it's not more than 1 or 2 .

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.

Last edited by ROADRAGE; October 20th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:35 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Battle Report

So, once I saw that the total was 555 I did some quick math and realized my perfect Macdirk army fit almost perfectly into that (Macdirksx3, Alistair, Gilbery, Raelin). I added a Marcu and I was set. The other army took some time to figure out but after realizing what I was doing with Augamo and Cutters in Season 10, I decided to do something similar. I figured 5xCutters would be a lot of fun, but then debated on what to fill my last 305 points with. I then realized I could do a VERY similar thing to what I had been doing in Season 10 and threw in 3 Iron Golems. So on to the battles.

Game 1
Team matchup with Jeremiah (White Q Knight) vs. Michael (William099) and Alex (Toogwick_tuk) on Brunak's Garden

Jeremiah and I teamed up as we had been discussing Cutter strategy and then we got paired up against Mike who was going to play both his armies but then Alex showed up and we were able to cobble him in. Jeremiah went with his Braxas, 4xStingers, and the HALLOMARRS! I decided to go with the Cutters. Mike had his Torin, Stingersx5, and Hive army, and Alex had his Catharx4, MajorQ10 army. Alex's army was an awful matchup for me but I was an awful matchup for Mike who was an iffy matchup for Jeremiah who was an iffy matchup for Alex. So it rock paper scissored itself out.

Anyway, I may have misplayed the Gobbos despite receiving some advice from Jeremiah on how to play them. Being placed across from Mike I managed to mob attack and kill quite a few stingers but I didn't move them up as one swarm which might have made my life a lot easier. Jeremiah's Stingers dispatched Alex's Q10 (it took a lot longer than we thought it would despite two successful stinger drains) but despite charging Braxas forward to destroy Alex's Cathar, Jeremiah couldn't roll defense dice and Braxas fell leaving Alex with 6 Cathars and Mike with about 6 stingers. Shortly after Braxas fell, the last of my cutters fell and the first of the Iron Golems fell to Stinger fire. At this time, time was called and we were pretty confident Jeremiah and I would need a miracle to pull this one off.

0-1

Game 2
vs. Damon (Nomad) on Draugur
Army selections
(Swiftfangs, Greyspears, Quickblades, Darkclaws, Arktos, Marro Warriors)
(Marcus, Raelin, 10thx5)

I got first pick and saw 10th with Raelin. I felt like this was the best army option and Damon picked his Wolfen army. I set Raelin up on a nice perch and watched as she got annihilated by wolves in the first round. They also uncovered Attack+1 and Common Attack+1 glyphs. I charged the Redcoats in and they were killing the wolves pretty handily but the wolves were also doing a good job of ending them. I managed to grab both glyphs, then lost them, then regained them again and 5 attack Redcoats (either height or Bayonet) can mow down almost anything. I also made some really good guesses on which wolf squads to eliminate. The Darkclaws were the last to charge into the fray but they got mowed down by Brits on height and the Marro Warriors met a similar fate as well.

1-1

Game 3
vs. Rylend on Fossil

Since I couldn't grab either of Rylend's armies, after he grabbed his Major Q9, Raelin, Catharsx4, Marro Warriors armies. I knew that Q9 ate Cutters for breakfast and Cutters also hate Cathars so it had to be the Macdirks. That worked kind of well since I knew Macdirks could cut through Q's defenses if I worked things out right and suiciding the champion onto Braced Spears could work to my advantage.

Rylend set up Raelin on the road and Q on the other hill. Several Cathar took up camp on the lower ground. I set up a pod of Macdirks ready to charge into the fray. Since Gilbert was chosen as the champion (I liked his survivability more than Alistair's), I charged Alistair forward to assassinate Q. It took a few tries but I avoided a Braced Spear to engage Q and begin whacking him with 5 attack (he'd also put 3 wounds on Raelin along the way). I also snuck a few Macdirks around to assassinate Raelin (they only had 2 attack but I figured I could managed two wounds with them). Alistair put 2 wounds on Q and then the Macdirks managed to end Raelin. Alistair struck again and destroyed Q. He charged back down and killed a Cathar (two others had fallen to Macdirk attacks) but the Cathar then ended his life. Gilbert charged forth into the fray and began boosting the Macdirk attacks. I then placed him in a spot where I probably shouldn't have and got 4 attacks of 4 placed on him from the Cathars. He only had one wound before that. He had one life afterwards. Having survived by the hair of his chinny chin chin, Gilbert retrea...heroically advanced backward to future victory. 7 attack Macdirks then just destroyed the crud out of all the remaining Cathars. Rylend didn't get a single Braced Spear as the Macdirks furiously charged over the battlefield.

2-1

Game 4
vs. Jeremiah on Blackroot
(Braxas, 4xStingers, MARROWEENS!, Kursus)
(Vulcanmechs, 3xCutters, 3xBrutes)

Jeremiah deferred his selection to me and I felt the Braxas army had the most answers to all the other armies and Jeremiah selected his Mech army.

As the game began I brought up some Stingers and Braxas but got quickly tied up by Goblins. Jeremiah and I were both trying to rock-paper-scissors each other with me trying to get the Stingers against the Mechs, and Braxas against the Cutters, and he was trying to do the opposite. I managed to set Braxas up on a high ground (but gave up high ground to a Gobbo who I figured would die) and then proceeded to whiff two acid breaths. The cutters brought Braxas to 3 life. Soon there were Mechs in Braxas' face and their flamethrower SA managed somehow to not kill Braxas. Soon though the Stingers managed to destroy two Mechs but not before the Mechs had also ended Braxas' life. The Brutes started making their way up and I managed to kill a few of them and the last Mech. The Stingers then somehow managed to block everything Jeremiah threw at them and I managed to kill a good number of Cutters and Brutes. Soon the Stingers were whittled down to two but there were only three brutes and two cutters left as well. I won initiative and very riskily decided to Sonic Fist SA the three brutes standing in a row. Diddly dee. I rolled one skull but Jeremiah's dice continued to be unkind and one of the Brutes whiffed. After I killed another Brute Jeremiah conceded.

3-1

Playoff Game
vs. Josh (ROADRAGE) on Smokey's Lament
(Zelrig, 4xCultists, Marro Warriors)
(Raelin, 2xRats, 3xTroopers, Hydra, Guilty)

So I probably made a poor army call here but I felt confident with the Troopers after Josh deferred to me as there was a lot of range in it (with Raelin) and none of the other armies really had range (It also marked the fifth different army I had played that day). Josh grabbed Zelrig and the Cultists (which marked the fourth straight time that day I had successfully predicted which army my opponent would choose). On a different map I would have probably been in a better spot (or maybe if I'd remembered what dok had done to me with Wyrmling Majestic Fires against Micros).

I did my utmost to stop a Zelrig blast but he still managed to torch 4 troopers and 3 rats before falling. I got a free turn but used it to reinforce rather than eliminate Cultists because I was too afraid that the troopers would just die the next turn and he could play the numbers game with me. Troopers and Cultists exchanged back and forth and I made a terrible order marker decision. With only 6 troopers I placed all three order markers on the Troopers (I should have placed #3 on the Hydra). I then lost initiative and got one turn with the troopers (with two of them) and then Raelin was eliminated during turn 3. The next round, the Hydra took vengeance and killed all four cultists in sight. The Hydra managed to continue eating cultists but Josh set up some good placement that allowed him to get four attacks on the Hydra and the previously good dice did not hold up. They then finished off the rats and Guilty.

Final Record
3-2

It was a good tournament and I enjoyed getting to play a different army every game and the back and forth of everything and as always playing Heroscape with an awesome group of people. Look forward to the next one.

~Dysole, really happy he managed to go undefeated with Macdirks at a tournament (yay manipulating statistics ~_^)
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:49 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Battle Report

Army#1
Ulginesh
Jorhdawn
Chardris
Emiroon
Raelin (ROTV)
Arkmer
550points/7spaces

Army#2
Death Chasersx6
Ogre Pulveriser
Nerak The Glacian Swog Rider
Me-Burq-Sa
Marcu Esenwein
550points/24spaces

Game 1 (Team Game) Map: Theskian Thruway Glyphs: Astrid (Attack+1) Brandar (Land Mine) Wingman (Quahon Greenscalesx3 Raelin (ROTV) Van Nessing) and Master of Disaster (Elf Wizards) vs. ObfusacatedHippo (Laglor Krav Agents Evil Raelin (ROTV) Microcorp Troopersx3 Isamu Otonashi) and Piper ( Quahon Wyvernx2 Fyorlag Spidersx4)

Wingman and I podded up behind the huge tree and proceeded to mow down everything that came within range of our armies. An early whiff by a Krav Agent hurt their ability to force us to come to them. Jorhdawn's Rain of Flame and Quahon's Lightning Breath were on fire this game, unfortunatley this game was just really one-sided.

(WIN)

Game 2 Map: Dance of the Dryads Glyphs: Ulvania (Unique Attack+1)x2 Master of Disaster (Death Chasers) vs. Derek's Daughter (Axegrindersx4 Mogrimm Forgehammer Migol Ironwill Ulfrid Hornwrangler)

Battle Rush allowed me to take most of the high ground before the match started. This let me really control the fight from the get go. I had Nerak on height boosting my Chasers to 4 defense most of the time and Me-Burq-Sa got some consecutive paralyzing stares which really put the hurt on her heroes. The Chasers were no slouches either regularly rolling 3 to 4 skulls on their attacks. When the game was over I'd lost about 7 Chasers. I can't remember her name, but she was fun to play against, a regular chatterbox .

(WIN)

Game 3 Map: Fulcrum Glyphs: N/A Master of Disaster (Death Chasers) vs. Longy418 (Sacred Bandx3 Arashara Goshiri Marcus Decmus Gallus Parmenjo)

This game came down a lot closer than either one of us thought it would. Derek played Arashara very well distrupting my strategy of protecting Me-Burq-Sa by replacing Chasers guarding him with Sacred Band. He also did a very good job of keeping me at bay off his side of the map considering I battle rushed at the start. My saving grace in this game came from the Ogre Pulveriser who I was able to save for the end game since Derek's army was all-melee. With only 4 Chasers left the Ogre came out and cleaned house on Parmenjo and the remaining Sacred Band.

(WIN)

Game 4 Map: Fossil Glyphs: Dagmar (Initiative+eight) Oreld (Intercept Order) Master of Disaster (Quahon Greenscalesx3 Raelin (ROTV) Van Nessing) vs. Wingman (My Death Chaser army)

Wingman battle rushed and won iniaitive grabbing both glyphs and removing my order marker #1. This allowed him to engage my Quahon and Raelin with a single Chaser and put two wounds on Raelin. After disposing of the Chaser I flew Quahon up to the high ground and used my Greenscales as blockers. Wingman tried to bring his Ogre Pulveriser through the middle area but I kept throwing a Greenscale in his path.

Quahon who had been regularly frying any Chasers that came near suffered 4 wounds from 2 Chasers that broke through when Quahon whiffed her Lightning Breath. I cleared out the 2 chasers and moved up three of the last 4 Greenscales to protect Quahon, then came the turning point . Wingman killed three Greenscales who were defending at 7 with attacks of 4 in a single turn, with my screen gone his Me-Burq-Sa and remaining Death Chasers killed Quahon. This caused me to lose a turn, with his free turn he finished off my Raelin leaving me with just Van Nessing. Van Nessing went commando and killed off the remaining Chasers and Me-Burq-Sa. Now, it was down to a three life Van Nessing vs. a full-life Marcu. Marcu jumped up on the high ground I moved up Van Nessing and shot from the low ground putting one wound on him I then revealed my X to engage Marcu on same level I rolled three skulls he whiffed putting him up to four wounds. Then, he took his turn, he rolled four skulls I rolled one shield, dead Van Nessing. Very fun and very intense game.

(LOSS)

Game 5 Map: Quastach Playground Glyphs: Dagmar (Initiative+eight) Proftaka (Pit Trap) Master of Disaster (Elf Wizards) vs. Nomad (10th Regiment of Footx5 Marcus Decmus Gallus Raelin (ROTV)

Nomad started by rushing out his 10th to claim both glyphs, while I flew Raelin up next to some jungle. He got one shot at Raelin before I eliminated two of his 10th and secured a position on the high ground for my elves in Raelin's aura. From here on it was a ranged shootout between the E-Wiz Crew and the 10th, Nomad kept trying to get close enough to bayonet but I was able to kill any 10th that got close. At one point, I hit a lucky three skull blast with Rain of Flame right when Nomad had put 4 10th Regiment adjacent to Marcus killing all 4 10th. Near end game, he hid two 10th and Raelin behind one of the small ruins. I rushed him killing both 10th, Raelin put up quite a fight though killing Arkmer (the only elf that fell this game) and wounding a few of my other elves before going down.

(WIN)

Game 6 (Playoff Round) Map: Spring Thaw Glyphs: Dagmar (Iniaitive+eight) Brandar (Land Mine) Master of Disaster (Quahon+Greenscales) vs. Wingman (My Death Chasers)

Once again, Wingman battle rushed grabbing both glyphs while I set up my pod on the high ground. He tried to force me to come to him by outranging me with Me-Burq-Sa, I countered this by chain-lightning a Chaser to reach Me-Burq-Sa I rolled a lucky four skulls which killed him in one hit. He then started moving the Ogre right towards my pod while his Chasers flanked me from behind the glaciers. I flew Quahon behind the glacier opting to fight Chasers and letting the Greenscales fight the Ogre.

His Ogre killed a few Greenscales and was able to get engaged with Raelin but not before sustaining four wounds. Meanwhile, Quahon was cooking Chasers behind the glacier with two Greenscales blocking the only adjacent spaces to Quahon. At one point, he killed both Greenscales in one turn and I whiffed my special attack, this allowed him to engage me with two Chasers. Fortunately, my defense dice held up and Quahon only took two wounds. On my following turn, I cleared out the last of his Chasers, as for his Ogre it got counterstuck by Raelin killing it. After that I rolled another four skull blast with Quahon's chain-lightning killing his Nerak in one hit as well 2 Chasers. At this point, the game was over, as Wingman only had a few Chasers left and Marcu, while I had only lost 5 Greenscales and taken two wounds on Quahon. Wingman conceded.

(WIN)

I had a great time and everyone I played was a great sport. Thanks to all who were responsible for hosting and setup. Also, congrats to Toogwick Tuk for winning 1st place. On a side note, did we ever find out what was in the mystery box?

Last edited by Master of Disaster; October 21st, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:02 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey all! Great day on Saturday-- my thanks again to everyone that made it possible!

Also: The Mystery Box is open... stay tuned for the reveal!

(My son was foaming at the mouth by the time we got home! Jeez!)

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old October 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart
Battle report

Wow those 2 battle reports were way good, thanks for sharing!

Also once again thanks to all the additional help from others that went into this tournament, it would entirely more difficult without you.

My armies:

Zelrig
cultists x4
M. warriors
4-1

Hydra
troopers x3
Raelin
rats x2
Guilty
1-1

Though I didn't intend for it to work out the way it did I ended up playing my Zelrig army everytime, this was based on my thought at each game that this was my best chance to win based on map and opponent. I was very satisfied with the results as it was a very fun army to run with a lot of tactical flexability. One side not I never placed one order marker on the M. warriors the entire tournament.

Game 1

Teammate Lil roadie vs. Nomad and Huskies16 on Brunaks garden

My Zelrig paled in comparasion to Braxus effectiveness but my cultists really picked up his slacked in the end game eliminating krav with 4 attack and 9 range due to spirits.

Win

Game 2

Vs. Wingman on Quasatch playground( he took my Hydra army).

Another game that see sawed back and forth, my Zelrig collapsed only wiping out 6 troopers, once again though my cultists picked up the slack destroying all the remaining troopers, Hydra and badly damaging Raelin. I was at the end though finished off by the rats, my M. warriors were all killed from the wound glyph.

Loss

Game 3

Vs Riley on Smokeys lament( he took his stinger x4, gruts x2, Tulbakra and M. warrior army).

This was a way one sided battle with Zelrig dispatching about 18 of his figures in the first 3 rounds and no way of him being able to recover.

Win

Game 4

Vs. Longy418 on Draguar( he took his Dreadgul, Airborne elite army)

This was yet another one that see sawed back and forth with Zelrig getting tied up early on a 2 spaced perch eliminating only 4 dreadguls( thankfully the airborne didn't drop until round 4), however once again the cultists came charging across the battlefield avenging him. What helped probably the most was Zelrig holding out from several attacks with only 1 or 2 life left and only the occasional order marker.

Win

Game 5(playoff round)

See 3 posts above for details, this was my most fun game as I'd never got to play against Sam before.

Win

So my Zelrig army went 4 and 1 for the day and provided uber fun for sure, thanks again to all my opponents for such a grand day of scape!

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.

Last edited by ROADRAGE; October 21st, 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: details
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:51 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

Wow what a great NHSD it was a blast. Thanks to all those involved.

My armies:

Army #1

Braxas
Marro Stingers x 4
Marro Warriors
Kursus

Army #2

Vulcanmech Borgs
Horned Skulled Brutes x 3
Goblin Cutters x 3

Team Game
Game one teamed up with Sam (see above) which I enjoyed greatly. On a side note I think Sam played the cutters quite well as the map was long and had major Q10 shooting at him until I could dispatch him plus Alex kept placing one cathar between Michaels stingers and Sams cutters forcing him to go the long way around or face braced spear .
It was a real pleasure teaming up with Sam.

Game #2 on (Snowball Fight)
Caleb Playing (Braxas,Greenscales x3,Zongross,Sonya
White Q Knight (Vulcanmech Borgs,Brutes x3,Goblin Cutters x3)

I moved my mechs out to greet braxas and flamed thrower braxas in a couple turns meanwhile Caleb sent 2 greenscales to kill some of my brutes in my start zone after that my brutes and cutters mowed through the rest his army Caleb had a pretty bad match up but was a really good sport. (win)

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:38 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh my goodness… ANYthing could be in there! by viltvodle, on Flickr

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sparkly water, trees, bushes, and outcrops - oh my! Great mystery box!

Thanks Josh and Derek for putting on a great tourney. Rob - thank you so much for setting up the venue! Best location yet.

My Armies:
1) Raelin v1, Marcus Decimus Gallus, 10th Regiment x 5
2) Marro Warriors, Arktos, Varkanaan Greyspears, Quickblades, Darkclaws, Swiftfangs.

I really thought my Varkanaan army would do extremely well. The two times I had played with them before, they trounced! On the day, I played with the Wolfpack four times, and went 1-3. The Redcoats fared much better, going 3-1, but unfortunately for me two of those wins came when my opponent selected the Redcoats as their army.

On the day, I was 2-4 overall. My claim to fame is that I played the Redcoats against the eventual champs Spearman army and came away with a victory.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to next time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day