Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old June 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: HS-Cards - a card making application for Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by variDice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
How serious are you about offering the figure/art/stuff and what exactly do you need as input (using Iron Man, say)?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but if you, for instance, wanted an official looking Iron Man card, I would be happy to get a picture of Iron man and remove the background for you. If you have a card template, I would be happy to modify it so it works in this card maker. I will only do this in my spare time, but I have lots of it.

Infact, that card pack I released took me about 20 minutes. I resized all of the images, made some parts transparent, and I even sharpened them up. If you want me to make something, you can expect it do be back to you within an hour.

By the way, if the application does not make your card properly, you can go ahead and send me a private message with the figure's stats, the images, ect. so I can make it properly.
My customs project is just getting under way. This card-maker is perfectly timed. One of the conceits is that the generals draft everyone and so the official Marvel heroes and any future units from whatever franchises will go under one of the seven generals. No special My Little Pony generals. I currently have an almost complete lack of other suitable figures to use, so there is no immediate danger of being swamped with my requests! What I do have in addition to the Marvel ones is a single DnD figure and Battleball. But back on point, how much work would it be to get the image stuff for the ten Marvel heroes? I really appreciate what you're doing and have next-to-no idea what's a reasonable request and what isn't.
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
What else can I do that I don't know about to improve the card?
I really do not know what you mean here. As far as I know, what you did is just right (with the exception of the missing images ).

By the way, I saw that things are not aligned very well. Is it like that in the application, or did my "Save as Image" button do that?
I was just asking for general tips I guess---did anything stand out as not how experienced custom makers would do stuff that I, as a newbie, am unaware of. It looks good to me, which I guess is the important bit.

That's the image that came from me just clicking "Save as Image". It looks aligned to me---what am I missing?
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:38 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Ollie, ther's something you really need to know. The templates for classic customs and comic customs are entirely different. The font style and size may be the say, but the format and blanks are diverse. If you're going to be making comic customs, GreyOwl's Custom Tools in the comic customs section is where you can grab the blanks we all use.

And by "general symbols", I mean the logos above the name of the character.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM

variDice is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How serious are you about offering the figure/art/stuff and what exactly do you need as input (using Iron Man, say)?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but if you, for instance, wanted an official looking Iron Man card, I would be happy to get a picture of Iron man and remove the background for you. If you have a card template, I would be happy to modify it so it works in this card maker. I will only do this in my spare time, but I have lots of it.

Infact, that card pack I released took me about 20 minutes. I resized all of the images, made some parts transparent, and I even sharpened them up. If you want me to make something, you can expect it do be back to you within an hour.

By the way, if the application does not make your card properly, you can go ahead and send me a private message with the figure's stats, the images, ect. so I can make it properly.
My customs project is just getting under way. This card-maker is perfectly timed. One of the conceits is that the generals draft everyone and so the official Marvel heroes and any future units from whatever franchises will go under one of the seven generals. No special My Little Pony generals. I currently have an almost complete lack of other suitable figures to use, so there is no immediate danger of being swamped with my requests! What I do have in addition to the Marvel ones is a single DnD figure and Battleball. But back on point, how much work would it be to get the image stuff for the ten Marvel heroes? I really appreciate what you're doing and have next-to-no idea what's a reasonable request and what isn't.
It wouldn't be too much at all. Go ahead and send me a private message with the details (I think an entire page of this will be boring for other readers), and I will see what I can do. I do have all of the templates for marvel characters (every single color combination), so it will be very easy for me to modify them to work in the app. Because I am using a simple overlay system, all I have to do it make the a transparent area for the figure, so it takes about five minutes per card.

I will also help with any figure images you need, especially the hit zones (almost nobody that needs this app can even make those), so feel free to "swamp me" with your requests.
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:56 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Hate to burst your bubble VariDice, but there's already a reliable, easy-to-use, highly polished card creator for HS cards, called MSE.

Not that there is anything wrong with yours, it's obviously still a work in progress, but there's not really any need for another program of this sort, there's even a way to upload custom card designs into MSE, iirc.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually, Kaemon, MSE does not work on Mac computers, while this program appears to work only on Macs. So I'm glad to see there's a Mac developer out there who can help the Mac community join in on custom card creation.

I would, however, like to correct some of your credits, since it appears you've sourced your images from the MSE template. While dok might not mind the credit, the images were created solely by Mooseman. dok did the scripting to make them work in MSE. The "purple card" blank was designed by Deliriant and created by myself.

Good luck . Feel free to take more blanks from MSE, if you can use them, it's become quite a collection of standardized card blanks, and you can't get a lot of them anywhere else - just make sure you double-check the credits in the readme.

I wish I could try it out, but I've never used a Mac in my life.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Last edited by bmaczero; June 15th, 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Heh?

Kinda missed anything about Macs, I don't see it mentioned... didn't try to download though.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:28 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He said OS X 10.5 was required.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM

variDice is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
I would, however, like to correct some of your credits, since it appears you've sourced your images from the MSE template. While dok might not mind the credit, the images were created solely by Mooseman. dok did the scripting to make them work in MSE. The "purple card" blank was designed by Deliriant and created by myself.
Thanks for that. I just saw that it said dok helped make it, so I put his name up as well. As for the purple blank, I did not see any credits, so I could not put anything up.
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
It wouldn't be too much at all. Go ahead and send me a private message with the details (I think an entire page of this will be boring for other readers), and I will see what I can do. I do have all of the templates for marvel characters (every single color combination), so it will be very easy for me to modify them to work in the app. Because I am using a simple overlay system, all I have to do it make the a transparent area for the figure, so it takes about five minutes per card.

I will also help with any figure images you need, especially the hit zones (almost nobody that needs this app can even make those), so feel free to "swamp me" with your requests.
Actually, it's just the figure images that I need---I'm planning to have any superhero customs I make fight for Jandar, Utgar or whoever, though I suspect that others might well want to take up your offer of the superhero templates.

I'll send you a PM with the image stuff I'm interested in.

Thanks so much for doing this.
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Is a Quadradical

VariDice's "customer" service continues to be excellent. Here's what someone with no card making experience and VariDice's images can very easily create on a Mac:

I'm very happy with it. Does anyone have any tips for refinements before I move on to more of the Marvel figures as I get to them over the next couple of days?
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Sure thing, I'll be picky, but it'll make you better, trust me.

-Ferocious and Creature need to be raised a bit.
-Lower the general logo and raise Aquilla.
-The 8 for life and 320 for points should both be bigger.
-Your font choice looks kind of fat, try using a less bold font.
-Also, in general, don't bold any words, just make them bigger.
-The green target dot is too small.
-The red hit zone could be enlarged slightly.
-The number 6 for hieght should be bigger, with it's top in line with the top of Medium, but it's bottom lower than the bottom of Medium.
-Lower Abomination, he appears to be floating.

Picky picky. Well, you'll get better over time.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software