Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 18th, 2007, 10:31 AM

Gedinblackbar has disabled reputation
My quickest HS game ever!

Hello fellow Scrapers! I played two games last night and I figured I’d do another battle report. My friend and I drafted 500 point armies and we played on a map I created using 2 MS, 1 RttFF. It had a 3x3 hex sized (19 hex in area) island surrounded by a 2 hex wide circumference lake. This in turn was surrounded a volcano crater that was 3 hexs wide and 3 hexs high at the outside edge. On two opposite sides of crater I created start zones using 4 24 hex pieces each. Added to the back of each of these start zones were three road hexs

Senario: In the center of the island were placed 5 glyphs. The object of the game was to retrieve the glyphs and bring them back to the starting zone and place them on the road tiles. The person who brings back 3 glyphs wins.

We used the following armies:

Me:
Venoc Warlord
The Einar Imperium
Microcorp Agents
Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
Eldgrim the Viking Champion

VS

Him:
Charos
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Zombies of Morindan x2
Tarn Viking Warriors
Theracus

My buddy decided to take the Zombies since I did so well with them last time.

First Game:

1st Round: My buddy uses Theracus to fly over one of the Tarn Vikings and places him right at the rim of the crater. I use my 3 turns to move up the Microcorp Agents and the Venoc Warlord. By the time I get the Warlord into the crater, my opponent grabbed one of the glyphs and was on his way back.

2nd Round: My Venoc Warlord makes it across the lake without stopping and grabs one of the glyphs. My opponent sends in Charos, who decides to make a beeline for two of Microcorp Agents who are standing side-by-side, engaging them both. He attacks one of the agents with 3 skulls out of 5 dice. I roll 2 shields out of 4 dice. I had never gotten Stealth Armor 15 to work—but then I roll a 15 and save him! I then attacked Charos with the agents and managed to not only beat his counterstrike but give him a wound.

3rd Round: I put all my turn markers on the Marro Warriors since I suspect my luck will not hold with agents. On the first turn 2 of my Marro are within range of Charos and I score a wound. My opponent sends in his zombies. 2nd turn all 4 Marros are within range and have height advantage and I score some more wounds on Charos—my opponent is becoming pissed. By the end of the 3rd turn I have scored more wounds of Charos and my buddy decides to risk taking 2 attacks of engagement to get him out of harms way in order to escape—and takes another wound. He is now down eight out of nine life!

4th Round: My buddy grabs another glyph with Charos and heads back for home. He uses one of his markers on Kelda who heals him of two wounds. I spend this round sending two of my agents to snatch up the last two glyphs.

5th Round: Kelda heals Charos of two more wounds then the dragon takes flight after my agents, who are now taking the glyphs back to my starting zone. At the end of the round he determines that he cannot reach me in time to stop me from getting all 3 glyphs back to the starting zone and concedes.

I suggest playing a new game but he decides he wants to play it again with the same army because he was certain he had a strategy that could win him the game, so we play again.

1st Round: I put 2 markers on the agents and 1 on the Einar Imperium, so I mange to place the agents on the rim of the volcano. My opponent sends in Theracus again with a Viking and grabs a glyph.

2nd Round: I place all my markers on the Imperium and by the end of the round I grab 3 glyphs. My opponent sends in Charos and the zombies.

3rd Round: At the start of this round my opponent determines that if he does not win initiative at this beginning of this round he will not be able to catch up with my Imperium. He rolls a 1 and immediately concedes.

That game took less than 10 minutes--including setting up the figures in start zone! My buddy declares that I am a brilliant tactician and heads home early at 8:30 instead of the usual 10 o’clock.

And I am playing him again tonight! Tee Hee!

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a whole lot of lottery tickets.”
--Me
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:42 PM

GIR has disabled reputation
Those games don't seem very short but it seems like good battles and cool scenarios.

My shortest battle was capture the flag. Venocs frenzied 5 times in a row so I won in one turn!

I like waffles!
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR
Those games don't seem very short but it seems like good battles and cool scenarios.

My shortest battle was capture the flag. Venocs frenzied 5 times in a row so I won in one turn!
Usually our games run 1-2 hours, so 10 minutes was pretty darn quick!

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a whole lot of lottery tickets.”
--Me
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Talin4 has disabled reputation
I like the sound of the map and scenario . And that does indeed sound like a quick battle , usually with my brother and I it takes a bare minimum of 30 minutes...
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker
That's awesome. Glyph capture can be so crucial.

The fastest game I ever played was on Wolf Swamp Road. My friend drafted Jotun and 2 squads of Monks (usually we try to draft exactly, but I think for this game we both happened to be 15 points under). Anyway...I don't remember my exact army other than that I had Ne-Gok-Sa. By the second round I had killed 4 of his Monks and hadn't lost a single unit.

On my first turn of the second round I mindshackled Jotun. The game was pretty much over after that .

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin4
I like the sound of the map and scenario . And that does indeed sound like a quick battle , usually with my brother and I it takes a bare minimum of 30 minutes...
Here is what the map looked like using a screen cap from Logrey's LandSCAPE. The 5 glyphs were placed on the center of the island.

I called the scenario Crater Lake

--Me
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:39 AM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Re: My quickest HS game ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedinblackbar
1st Round: My buddy uses Theracus to fly over one of the Tarn Vikings and places him right at the rim of the crater. I use my 3 turns to move up the Microcorp Agents and the Venoc Warlord. By the time I get the Warlord into the crater, my opponent grabbed one of the glyphs and was on his way back.
Doesn't Theracus have to begin his turn next to a figure to use Carry?

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
My shortest game ever: 1 minute

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:44 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101
My shortest game ever: 1 minute
My shortest game ever was 1turn thanks to frenzy. I think it was a 400point battle where 3 Venoc Vipers killed Krug, Minions, and someone else.

Old August 8th, 2007, 04:50 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
My quickest game was an exhibition, not a competition, wherein I placed the army of Asians I wanted to try out on the board and my friend, who likes to win, picked Braxas and some other stuff that didn't move. This after we agreed to place Erland on a bridge over lava. So, in two turns Braxas flies onto the bridge, summons Kaemon Awa over, and BANG!, he's out. I move closer, which only serves to hasten my demise, and she then proceeds to roll the D20 and systematically wipe out the rest of my army. I didn't even get to attack.

Needless to say, I hate that B*&#h and have never even drafted her.

Next comes the time when, at a tournament, my opponent refused to move. He was distracted and had to keep leaving the match for various reasons, including to eat pizza. When he was there, he opted to keep his army in the start zone, which was a Raelin bubble, because there was a lot of lava on the board. There were regular rocks here and there, and some castle wall walks, but he simply refused to move. He complained abou the board, while sitting next to it's designer, and stated that, "I should just concede!" Boy, I should have let him! Instead, I was forced to approach his zone and try to pierce the Raelin bubble whilst he shot at my Nilfheim. I lost that match because, even though I suffered no casualities in the four big rounds we played in forty-five minutes, our half-baked tourney rules entail loss of points for each wound marker! (There are pictures of this board in the Western PA thread.)

Come to think of it, my shortest matches were also the most irritating!

Soberman

Now Playing: Dino The Essential Dean Martin
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My quickest game lasted a full round. I dropped my AE on height on an attack glyph and destroyed the opposing 500 point army in 3 order markers. What was even better is that my opponent never even got a turn, as I succesfully guessed what he wanted to use before shooting. So I shot his units in the order that they were going to be used, causing him to never be able to move a figure. A great game for me, sucked for him i'm sure. Never did it since

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports