Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider

The Book of Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
Promotional Figure 2005
Valkrill's Gambit - Collection 10 - Champions of Renown

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Heroscapers Units Gallery Page. For a high quality print out, download the PDF. There is no information on this unit on the official Hasbro site.
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - BLADE GRUTS / HEAVY GRUTS : Orc Champion Bonding
    As an Orc Champion, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider may benefit from Blade Gruts and Heavy Gruts ORC CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Death Chasers of Thesk: Taskmaster Bonding
    As a Large Wild Hero, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider may benefit from Death Chasers of Thesk's TASKMASTER BONDING activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered_________________________________________________________________
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider- Hard to find and hard to keep alive, Nerak is a decent addition to a melee orc army….just don’t expect him to last very long. B-
Unit Strategy Review
Special Note: This figure is a repaint of the Swog Rider scupt.

Last edited by superfrog; July 25th, 2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Update image and include link to Nerak PDF
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If you can afford to keep him behind the lines to boost Arrow Gruts he's great.
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I try to include him in every Orc army I put together. That 1 D helps the Orcs out big time in my experience. Yay for Nerak!!
Old March 31st, 2008, 06:29 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, not much action in this book. I've been liking him (or at least my half-repainted version of him) with heavy gruts and Grimnak. They're already a pretty strong bunch, so the defense aura just pushes them over the top. He's a mobile pseudo-Raelin for the orcs. And he can get a surprise attack or two in there when you need it.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a star with the heavies. Now I just have to finish repainting my Swog Rider.
Old April 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nerak is one of those rare solid exclusives that is simply perfect for his points, and serves a unique role in his own particular idiom.

He's not a must have, but he's a "great to have" unit.

Hawthorne is outshone by other human champ options, particularly with Gilbert's release.

Master Woo is cool, but like his brother monks, he's hard to justify the points.

The Elite Onyx Vipers ( a quasi-exclusive ) are also great to have, fun to use, but at times hard to earn their points with.

This is how Nerak outshines the rest. At 50pts, he's a steal. Providing +1D to all orcs in a 4-range aura? Sweet! Bonds with Blades and Heavies? Sweeeet! and with 3D and 3Life he can actually hang in there pretty good... at least long enough to distract your opponent while your bonding Orcs swarm whoever's attacking Nerak. Not to mention that move of 8, coupled with an attack of 3, means that he can actually be an offensive threat in addition to a mobile defense shield.

Nerak... an ebay deal I was happy to grab for $15!! Worth every penny.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old April 1st, 2008, 05:25 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
Nerak is one of those rare solid exclusives that is simply perfect for his points, and serves a unique role in his own particular idiom.

He's not a must have, but he's a "great to have" unit.

Hawthorne is outshone by other human champ options, particularly with Gilbert's release.

Master Woo is cool, but like his brother monks, he's hard to justify the points.

The Elite Onyx Vipers ( a quasi-exclusive ) are also great to have, fun to use, but at times hard to earn their points with.

This is how Nerak outshines the rest. At 50pts, he's a steal. Providing +1D to all orcs in a 4-range aura? Sweet! Bonds with Blades and Heavies? Sweeeet! and with 3D and 3Life he can actually hang in there pretty good... at least long enough to distract your opponent while your bonding Orcs swarm whoever's attacking Nerak. Not to mention that move of 8, coupled with an attack of 3, means that he can actually be an offensive threat in addition to a mobile defense shield.

Nerak... an ebay deal I was happy to grab for $15!! Worth every penny.
Very well put. Not necessarily a must-have over Tornak/Grimnak for an Orc Warrior bonding army, but he definitely could be used in a helpful way providing +1 Defense in an AURA, rather than adjacency.
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Plus he helps the other Orc heroes.

Ideally positioned to receive benefits from Grimnak, Tornak, Ornak, and Nerak, you could have a pretty mean Heavy Grut.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:54 PM

manger has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Ideally positioned to receive benefits from Grimnak, Tornak, Ornak, and Nerak, you could have a pretty mean Heavy Grut.
or you could draft regular gruts for less points and benefit from all of the synergies in the same way... more cost effective for tournament play
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

The defense boost to heroes helps a lot! Raising Grimnaks defense from 4 to 5 can make a big difference! For only 50 points, Nerak really adds a lot to an orc army. I used an blade grut army at NHSD, and Grimnak lasted significantly longer with 5 defense.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:28 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

Here's my situation folks: our local Wal Mart now has on its shelf ONE knights and swog rider pack. I only have two swog riders in my collection currently, and no Nerak. Do I buy the pack, and have three Swogs? Or do I repaint one for Nerak? It just seems like its hard to find Heroscape these days, and I wonder what others would do. I normally don't concern myself with the exclusives, but Nerak is pretty awesome. Also, Skahen was a cinch for my buddy to paint (plus Nakitas are abundant), so having another "exclusive" would be cool. What say you all? 3 Swogs or Nerak?

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I, personally, would want the Nerak in my collection.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's a tough one! Two swogs isn't a whole heckuva lot but Nerak is pretty nice.

Considerations:

Swogs only cost 25 and Nerak costs 50 so you'd be saving yourself 25 points if you kept the swog as is.

Nerak is probably one of the (if not the) hardest repaint to pull off, so if you don't have the skills (and the right colors), forget it!

I Have 4 Swog Riders and I still want another (or 2).

That's all I've got for you at the moment...Oh, except that whether you decide to repaint it or not, buy that pack, pronto!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units