Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:35 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Bay Area Brawl - NHSD '12

Another Bay Area Brawl is upon us!

Where: Game Kastle, Santa Clara
Date: Saturday, Oct. 20th, 2012
Time: 11:00am to 6:30pm or so.

Format:
Big Dudes (700/13)
To encourage the use of the expensive heroes that seldom see tournament play I have set the points at 700 but the max army size at 13 hexes.
Each player will bring combat dice, order markers, wound markers, and one 700 point army (13 hex max). No Marvel or C3G. SoV and C3V are allowed and encouraged. The tournament will be conducted in the usual Swiss-style, with five rounds. Rounds will be 50 to 60 minutes each, with draws being determined by full card scoring of points remaining.
Ranking will be determined by (in order): W/L, SoS, points.

Glyph Pool: TBD

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
1. cmgames
2. Carnival Man
3. Carnival Boy
4. personwholives
5. vikinglad
6. mariogolbee
7. ninjakat
8. RoninValentina
9. Killz
10. Killometer
11. onibaku06 (tentative)
12. onibaku06's fiancee (tentative)
13. Ruckus (tentative)

So there it is! Time again to come out and throw skulls with the rest of the Nor-Cal 'Scaper crowd. Good games, good people; it's always a blast so don't miss out! Sign up today!

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; October 19th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:09 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD '12

Luckily the 20th is my regular day off again this year...You can put both of us down for sure.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in. Looking forward to it.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like fun; sign me up. Thanks for organizing this, cmgames.

Good trades with nbxfan, Porkins, lonewolf, and wilabill1
Good card trades with Grison, Fedex worker, and capsocrates.
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I need to hear from more folks on the format ideas over in the NorCal thread.

~Z

My map thread
Old August 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'll be there!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM

The more I've thought about it and about my feelings about several of the last few tournaments, I've decided to go with Big Dudes.

As much as I like the Map Monsters idea, I've had enough of the introduce-some-uncontrollable-element-into-each-match that several tournaments have used lately. I want a straightforward 'one army that I designed and used through the whole tournament', albeit with some deviation from the 500/24 format.

So folks, Big Dudes it is. See the OP for details.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; August 25th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:28 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I'm (slowly) working on a water pool similar to the one in my custom thread. This will be our contribution to this year's prize support. I'll post photos after it's done (of course!)

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:31 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Alright, the next Bay Area Brawl. Lol, hopefully, I can make this one. Please put Ruckus, myself and my fiance down as maybes for now. I like the format a lot. Easy, but with a twist.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Hmm, Sludgeways and Drudgeways is in the map pool. Maybe I should work Microcorp into my army...

And if you're looking for more maps, I wouldn't mind seeing Timber Ridge make the cut.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Hmm, Sludgeways and Drudgeways is in the map pool. Maybe I should work Microcorp into my army...
And High Water Mark too. Double plus good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
And if you're looking for more maps, I wouldn't mind seeing Timber Ridge make the cut.
I am concerned that there might not be enough RttFF out there to have another 2 RttFF map. S&D and ECR both use 2 RttFF each. I have 2 RttFF, so I can provide one of them. I assume you've got 2 RttFF 'cause you designed these. That's two maps. Can anybody else provide a map that uses 2 RttFF? If so, I'd be happy to include Timber Ridge.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; August 29th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:49 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

I should be unpacked by then, so I can supply it.

And Killo, I think that microcorp would be uncalled for. Because they were annoying enough last time.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day