Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 15th, 2011, 03:51 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Seattle - NHSD 2011

No one will bringing rats/Q9/Raelin with this format . . . at least we didn't consider them.

Everett area is bringing Marro, Roman, Wolf, and Dragon based armies, respectively.

All for fun! Looking forward to tomorrow . . . oops, I mean, later today.

May the skulls or shields be on your side.
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Wait, am I misinterpreting the army rules? I thought the core army could be anything, just the reinforcements must be from the list. No?
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:59 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Ok I get what you mean now. See you all soon!
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:51 AM

What a blast! It was great to meet and play with you all!
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

WOW, what an amazing day of HEROSCAPE! Thank you everyone!

Our winners of the weekend were Joshua and Remi! Both went 5-0 on the day.

And thank you to everyone that provided prize support. We had a great donation from Cornpuff of a NIB Tundra and NIB Lava. I threw in a NIB Jungle .. so we had the very rare 'Scape expansions in the pool! We also had a variety of Wave Packs (including Wave 9 commons NIB, Knights and Swog NIB, Kilts and Commandos NIB, Special Collection 10 NIB), a RotV terrain pack, and a Summoner Wars pack.

The Magnetic Headed Hydra (created by Rocktroll) and the Trading Card army cards (created by Shieldcrusher) were a hit .. and our heading to Vancouver, WA with Longy.

And the WotC support was much appreciated!

It was great to see so many Heroscapers! We had 'Scapers from ages 10 to 40 and I think everyone had a good time. I would love some feedback on the tournament format (Reinforcements) to see if it is something we should try to refine for future events.

And a thank you to my Map transporting minions: Remi, Forgehammer and the AubrienAssassyn!

And a very special thank you to NOMAD for bringing 7 of our maps, and for recruiting the Portland/Vancouver contingent and bringing the next-generation of great 'Scapers like Huskies16 and Draco! But especially for working on the format and helping co-host the event. We couldn't have done it without you!! Thanks for making 'Scape Day a grand success!

Peace,
*Kai

Added PICS:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obfuscatedhippo/?saved=1

PS:
I think we all agree that Card Kingdom is a fantastic location .. and I would be in favor of moving our regular monthly games there (instead of Third Place Books).

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; October 16th, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome job hosting and running the event. Had a great time and Card Kingdom is a great location. Thank you organizers for all the hard work you put in to make it a successful event.
Old October 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

I had a great time at this tournament. Meeting and playing some new scapers was a lot of fun.

I went with one 495 point army for this tournament just to keep it simple for myself. I used Zelrig, Marro Dronesx6, and Isamu. I had a lot of fun with this army and it was funny to see some of my opponent's reactions to seeing Zelrig and that many Marro Drones(18 of em'). I ended up going 4-1 for the tournament, I lost my first match (those darn Warriors of Ashra) but then went on to win my next four games.

I also want to thank Kai for doing this tournament and also thank everyone else that was involved in making this happen. Good times. I look forward to seeing you all on November 5th.
Old October 17th, 2011, 12:02 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Thanks again Kai and Nomad for hosting and making this happen. I loved card kingdom and thought it was great, the 9 hours I was there flew bye.

I should also note I thought highly of the format and hopefully I see some of you in 3 weeks for some rematch.

Army played was Q.9.,Raelin,rats x 2 and Isamu. Reserves: WoA, black w. and red w..

I'll try to get some battle and trip reports up later.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

What an epic NHSD! Obfuscatedhippo and Nomad really went above and beyond in creating this Heroscape event.
My respects go out to both of you and anyone else that made this possible. Thank you.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:28 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you everyone for the good times. Kai, you are my Heroscape Hero - great job as always.

I played tag team with my daughter - we went 1-4 but had a blast.

I'm looking forward to Nov. 5 for the rematch down in Vancouver, WA. If any one from the Puget Sound region wants a ride, let me know.
Old October 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
No one will bringing rats/Q9/Raelin with this format . . . at least we didn't consider them.

Everett area is bringing Marro, Roman, Wolf, and Dragon based armies, respectively.

All for fun! Looking forward to tomorrow . . . oops, I mean, later today.

May the skulls or shields be on your side.
Not sure if you noticed Nomad, but *looks to Roadrage* I think he might have proven you wrong.
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Yes, I noticed. There were a couple of armies with rats/Q9/Raelin. Seems like Roadrage played them the best.

I was just having fun with that post.

The other champ, Remi, went with Krav, Phantom Knights, and ? as his base. He whooped me too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day