Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Seattle - NHSD 2011

Yes, Roadrage, there are still quality army builds possible with this structure . . . but with options for counter units and terrain variations, perhaps we will be surprised with the winning army. Templar? Groks? Deathwalker? Drow? Obsidian? Yetis? . . .

Maybe not, but it is fun to think about it.

Only a week to go!
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

I'm really looking forward to this tournament, it'll be fun to meet and play with some new scapers . Can't believe NHSD is less than a week away, I'd better start brainstorming army ideas .

(Btw, I'm one of the +4 coming from Portland/Vancouver, so you already have me registered)
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

MAPS!

Here are the five maps that will be at Seattle's NHSD event.

The tournament will be five-matches, so you will play on each of these maps during the event.

Jungle of the Ancients by GameBear
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3105
Jungle Trees + Road + RotV

Overlord by Ch1can0
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=338
Road + RotV + Evergreen trees with Castle battlements

Crystal Watch by Panopticon
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2146
Swamp Water + Shadow + Jungle Trees + Dungeon

Yeti's Revenge by Nomad (inspired by Nadi's Bob & Weave)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3434
Tundra (slippery ice, normal snow) + Road + Evergreen trees + Dungeon + Shadow

Moltenclaw's Cavern by Obfuscatedhipp
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3435
Lava + Dungeon + Marvel + Shadow

Note: We are considering minor tweaks to the maps (like glyphs) but the basic structure will remain the same.
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:25 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Just wanted to post here to say that my +1 guest has backed out, so as of now it's just me. I'm hoping to get someone to come with me still, but not sure that will happen. Looking forward to it though!

Edit: I have no clue what I'm going to play, and haven't played in months. This should be fun. :P

Last edited by InfraredFog; October 10th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Please post photos! I won't be in Seattle this weekend or I'd be there, the Card Kingdom store has great space and I'd love to see how the HS stuff looks setup in the tournament room.
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:27 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE View Post
Well I'm a little out of the jurisdiction, but I'd like to register for this. I'd be one of the 4 possibles that Longy mentioned. With my admittance I'm very sure that master of disaster and wingman will also be attending.

</IMG>

Awesome Roadrage! Are you folks coming up the night before?

Also, we can't see the image you posted.

Peace,
*Kai
I think we'll be coming up the the day of. Let me know if you need any help in any of this.

Looking forward to meeting you. It will be nice to see another tourney in action that I don't have to run, just enjoy and play and b.s. .

Thank-you for taking the time to put this on. Just a few more days........

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old October 11th, 2011, 03:49 AM

I took a few "action" pics with figures on the maps last night.

And yes - this was both me pumped up for NHSD and a little procrastination about Army building

If anyone needs to borrow any figures, please let me know ASAP.

Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obfusca...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obfusca...po/6233815724/
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:05 AM

ARMY IDEA:

Core Army:
Warforged Soldiers x3 ... 240
Raelin RotV .................. 80
Core Total = 320

Reinforcement List:
Wyvern ................ 100
Spiders x2 ............. 80
Nakita Agents ........ 120
Deadeye Dan ......... 60
Black Wyrmling x4 .. 120

Possible Armies:
# 1
Wyvern ................ 100
Spiders x2 ............. 80

# 2
Nakita Agents ........ 120
Deadeye Dan ......... 60

# 3
Deadeye Dan ......... 60
Black Wyrmling x4 .. 120
Old October 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM

Glyphs!

For glyphs that are 'random' on a board, we will have bag to draw from that includes both Power Glyphs and Treasure Glyphs. Below is the list of the glyphs that we are using.

We will be doubling up on Gerda (Defense +1) and the Healing Potion treasure.

--
Power Glyphs:

1. Astrid (Attack +1): For each figure you control, roll one extra attack die. (RotV)
2. Crevcor (Common Attack +1): All common figures in your Army may add one extra attack die when attacking normally. (SotM)
3. Dagmar (Initiative + 8 ) : When you roll for initiative, add 8 to your die roll. (RotV)
4. Gerda (Defense + 1 ) : For each figure you control, roll one extra defense die. (RotV)
5. Lodin (Lucky 20-Sider): Any time you roll the 20-sided die while standing on the Glyph of Lodin, you may add one to your die roll. (Wave 1)
6. Rannveig (Wind): All Figures with the Flying special power lose this power and cannot fly while standing on the Glyph of Rannveig. (Wave 1)
7. Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1): All Unique figures in your Army may add one extra attack die when attacking normally. (SotM)
8. Oreld (Intercept Order): When one of your figures stops here, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-9, nothing happens. If you roll a 10-20, you may remove one random Order Marker from an opponent’s Army Card. (SotM) (Temporary)
9. Proftaka (Pit Trap): Your figure is trapped. The trapped figure cannot move from this space. The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space. (SotM)

Treasure Glyphs:

1. Brooch of Shielding (Disengage): This figure is never attacked when leaving an engagement. (Wave 12)
2. Giant Hunter Stone (+1 VS large or huge): This figure rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against large or huge figures. (Wave 13)
3. Heroic Rune (Attack +1): This figure adds 1 additional attack die when making a normal attack. (BftU)
4. Talisman of Defense (Defense +1): This figure adds 1 additional defense die when defending. (BftU)
5. Bracers of Teleportation (Teleportation): This figure may use these bracers before moving. Instead of moving normally, you may place this figure on any same-level space(s) within 10 spaces of its current location. If this figure is engaged when it starts to teleport, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. (Temporary)
6. Cloak of Invisibility (Invisibility): This figure may use this cloak at any point during its turn. This figure has no visible Hit Zones until the end of the current round or until it attacks with a normal or special attack, whichever comes first. This figure will never take any leaving engagement attacks while invisible. (Wave 12) (Temporary)
7. Potion of Healing (Heal 3 wounds): This figure may drink this potion after revealing an order marker on its Army Card. Remove up to 3 wound markers from that figure's Army Card. (BftU) (Temporary)
8. Scarab of Invulnerability (Ignore Wounds): This figure may use this scarab whenever it receives one or more wounds. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, ignore one of the wounds just received. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all wounds just received. (Wave 13) (Temporary)
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM

I have added a PDF file with the event format and a list of Reinforcement units here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3436

This is a draft, so we may make some small changes before the event.

Thanks,
*Kai
Old October 12th, 2011, 02:19 AM

For TREASURE Glyphs, we are using this system for Traps.

When a Hero attempts to pick up an unrevealed treasure, they must roll the twenty-sided die as normal. Under standard rules, a roll of 6+ allows the Hero to avoid any trap and pick up the treasure. On a roll of 1-5, the Hero activates a trap and does not get the treasure.

For Seattle's NHSD, we will use the following system - which we have playtested for the last year.

Follow the normal rules for attempting to pick up the treasure. On a 6+ the Hero avoids the trap and picks up the treasure. On a roll of 1-5, the player will consult the Trap List below to see what happens. For a roll of 4-5, the Hero has indeed hit a trap, but they can still pick up the treasure. On a roll of 1-3, the hit the trap and do not get the treasure.

For example, Sgt. Drake ends his movement on a Treasure glyph. He rolls the twenty-sided die and gets a 5 (hitting the trap). Sgt. Drake is affected by a "Blinding Flash" trap but is still allowed to pick up the treasure.

ROLL D20 TO OVERCOME THE TRAP:

Die Roll Result
1 -- Trapped, cannot retrieve Treasure – Poison Darts
2 -- Trapped, cannot retrieve Treasure – Fire Blast
3 -- Trapped, cannot retrieve Treasure – Back to the Beginning
4 -- Trap Triggered, pick up Treasure – Alarm Bell
5 -- Trap Triggered, pick up Treasure – Blinding Flash
6+ .. Safe, pick up Treasure

Poison Darts
When triggered, this trap fires three poisoned darts as a normal attack. The attack targets the Hero that triggered the trap and up to two figures that were adjacent to the Hero. If there are more than two figures your opponent choses which figures to attack. Roll three attack dice once for all affected figures. Targets roll defense as normal, without any modifiers for height advantage.

Fire Blast
When triggered, this trap unleashes a jet of flame that engulfs the Hero. The affected figure immediately suffers one unblockable wound.

Back to the Beginning
When triggered, this trap teleports the Hero back to their Start Zone. Your opponent choses one empty space in your original Start Zone and immediately places the figure there. Before teleporting, the Hero will take any leaving engagement strikes.

Alarm Bell
When triggered, this trap sounds an alert and can draw the attention of your opponent. The Hero may still pick up the treasure, but if they do - they must then roll 4 defense dice. For each Shield rolled, one of your opponent’s figures may move up to 2 spaces, provided that they move in the shortest path towards the Hero that triggered this trap.

Blinding Flash
When triggered, this trap temporarily blinds the Hero. The Hero may still pick up the treasure, but any normal or special attacks this turn rolls with one less attack die.
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will be bringing 4 or 5 format eligible armies on Saturday - so if anyone wants to just show up and play, you can use one of my armies.

Only a few days to go . . . I'm looking forward to the good times.

Kai, thanks for all your work on this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day