Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 18th, 2010, 04:38 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Seattle, WA - NHSD

Thanks, guys! We had a great turn out with 22 people for our afternoon event. We had 14 players stick around for our second event!

THANK YOU to everyone that made it out to Seattle's NHSD!!!

Kudos to our Map sponsors: odbo255, agentdex, nomad, and obfuscatedhippo. We had 7 different maps on the day.

Thank you to the players that ventured over to Seattle from as far away as Bremerton. Keep an eye on our Seattle thread for other times we are gaming - we'd love to have you back!

--
And congrats again to our Grand Champion of the day 'Son of Nomad,' who across six matches was 5-1-0 (5 full victories, 1 tie, no losses).

Thanks to everyone that provided donations of cash to cover prize support and to those that chipped in with Wave Packs or other products. Special thanks to CornPuff who pitched in with a RotV Master set and Castle set, and to odbo255 for sponsoring 3 players. We had a great pile of Heroscape prizes spread across both events.

Our first event prize was Volcarren Wastelands NIB, and 2nd place was Drones & Minions.

Our second event prize for 1st was Road of the Forgotten, and 2nd place was Zombies Wave Pack.

Our grand champion prize was choice of Soulborg and Elves or Tundra.

Other prize donations included Custom Miniature painting (by CrazieCory), Swarm of the Marro master set, figures from Marvel, and various Wave packs.

--
It was great to watch 8 hours of Heroscape unfold. The competition was fierce but laughs and sportsmanship were at high levels! We had 4 brand new players that got in on the action and had a blast as well.

I saw some fun armies - and some vicious armies, and it was great to see that player embraced the 'Gifts of the Arch-Kyrie' and tried out some of the not-so-competitive Heroes. I don't think I've ever seen so much of Agent Carr or Iskra!

I witnessed a few instances of Agent Carr -- with a Potion of Speed -- dash 9 spaces through a horde of Rats to bring down some Reckoning! and we even had Jotun pull something similar and blitz into the opponent's start zone to Wild Swing on a pack of Wyrmlings! If anyone else has a Treasure Glyph story, it would be great to hear.

--
But thanks again everyone! Very memorable event, and only inspires me for more 'Scape. And maybe I'll get to play next Year

--

First Event Standings:
1Tommy2Jacob3Max4Wally5Stephen6Clayton7Damon8Adrian9Abe10Cory11Aaron 12Christy13Shane14J.T.15Shawn16Sir Stephen17Doug18David19Joseph K.20Rob M.21Darren22Jeremy
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:43 AM

Oh, and thanks to Joe5Joe7 for having the courage to run the Ponies in a tournament! Go Templar Cav!!

Peace,
*Kai
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Knuth Sleuth is surprisingly tart

Oh. I forgot to list my army:
Cyprien 150
Fen Hydra 270
Maro Warriors 320
Rats x3 440
Sonya 485
Isamu 495

I used it both tourneys and benefited from some really lucky chill touch rolls.
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM

Here is a link to some pictures from our NHSD:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obfusca...7625069209269/

Peace,
*Kai
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Shoe Woo who?

this gonna happen again any time soon? wish I had been on the site since I got PM'd

Havent gotten a good HS game in for a long time
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:08 AM

I have started the Seattle NHSD 2011 thread here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37598

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day