Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2009

Counterstrike had also said he was coming.

I have the partial scoring lists from last year (I'll add wave 9) as well as the sheets we gave to each player to keep track of their games/scores. Would you like me to bring about 30 of those?

Good job on getting our info back up, men.

I say yes on heavy snow and slippery ice, only becaue what's the point in using that particular terrain if not? I'll add that I hate heavy snow and slippery ice, but I figure we should play it as intended.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
(Well, that and "where are the starting zones on this map??")
Can I suggest that everyone bringing a map that where the start zones are something other than, "that 24 hexer on the end," bring the build instructions so that we can have it on the table with the map?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
(Well, that and "where are the starting zones on this map??")
Can I suggest that everyone bringing a map that where the start zones are something other than, "that 24 hexer on the end," bring the build instructions so that we can have it on the table with the map?
Seconded.

Oh, and the other missing player was S1r Artor1us, right?

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

Old September 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Hex said he'll be carpooling with us, we're picking him up along the way in Santa Barbara from what I understand. So yes, count him in too.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Looking forward to Heroscape and seeing you guys again. I'll bring a box o' games for afterward if any are interested.

My Recent Plays:
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I checked Google's cached page for the front post, as per a very clever suggestion from GaryLASQ. It's from 9/3, and it tells me the following things we didn't have before:
  • Wreak LoosE is one of our missing 3. Except that wnfb already beat me to that one, so, bummer.
  • Maginator was a maybe. And I guess Samurai was already removed, so we're back up to 22/29 again.
  • Original map allocations: KotM had said he was bringing Badru Valley, and boom was bringing Flash Fire. But now KotM is bringing Flash Fire, and boom is bringing Road Rampage. So Badru Valley is free again. Unless, KotM can bring that instead of Ticalla Sunrise, then Hivelord can bring TS. Whichever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I remember WreakLoosE saying he was coming but can't remember if he mentioned his son? I've added WreakLoosE to the list.
His son wasn't on the list in the Google cached version, but that may have been an oversight on my part (I had added him to the list originally). I can't find a Google cached version of his post from this year, so I guess we'll just have to wait until he clarifies for us.

Quote:
No one has the partial scoring lists from last year?
The actual paper? Nah, I'm sure those got lost in the shuffle in the intervening year.

Quote:
I can print out the ones from the link posted but don't know about wave 9.
Yeah, I think getting Wave 9 added is the tricky bit. Several of us could do the printing.

Quote:
Counterstrike had also said he was coming.
Yes! Good memory. Added.

Quote:
I have the partial scoring lists from last year (I'll add wave 9) as well as the sheets we gave to each player to keep track of their games/scores. Would you like me to bring about 30 of those?
Excellent about the adding Wave 9. AFA printing them out, you can do it, or I could ... are those color-coded? I thought I vaguely remembered that they were. If so, I have a color laser, if that's in any way helpful. Or in any way helpful for anything else.

Quote:
Good job on getting our info back up, men.
Good job yourself! A lot of the info I stuck back up there came directly from you, so, thanx!

Quote:
I say yes on heavy snow and slippery ice, only becaue what's the point in using that particular terrain if not? I'll add that I hate heavy snow and slippery ice, but I figure we should play it as intended.
My vote in general is regular snow, slippery ice. I always vote for slippery ice, because there's never so much of it that it makes that much difference. Now, snow is different: some maps have so much snow that half the map would be heavy snow and that would just suck. However, re-looking at Arctic Divide, I see that it doesn't have that much snow, really, so I guess I vote heavy snow on that one as well. (I changed the notation on the map on the front post, but left the ??? to indicate that it's still open for discussion if anyone wants to chime in with a disagreement.)

Also, I'd like to point out that heavy snow/slippery ice and lava make for excellent uses of multiple armies ... imagine having one army with the Yeti's just for arctic maps, or having two variants on orc armies--one with Nerak. Also, Brunak and the OG's could get some love. Just more thoughts on multiple armies ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Seconded.
Abso-friggin-tively. That should be a requirement. In fact, I've just added it to the front page (both under Maps and Must Bring).

Quote:
Oh, boom, you ARE da man! Added. Our confirmed/maybe counts are dead on again.

Okay, gotta head back out to the pool ... I think we're mostly good again. Also, I have a few feelers out for some friends of SSX to bring in, but nothing even definite enough to be called a "maybe" yet. We shall see. Thanx all for the assists in getting the front page back up to snuff!
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Beware the Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
Original map allocations: KotM had said he was bringing Badru Valley, and boom was bringing Flash Fire. But now KotM is bringing Flash Fire, and boom is bringing Road Rampage. So Badru Valley is free again. Unless, KotM can bring that instead of Ticalla Sunrise, then Hivelord can bring TS. Whichever.
Okay........wait..........what?

Who's on first?

Old September 9th, 2009, 11:45 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Here's what I have.
2 RotV minus one ruin (that's what Craigslist for $10 gets you)
1 SotM
2 FottA
3 TJ
3 RttFF
2 TT
2 VW

I'll bring whatever maps you want (Except Broken Skyline).

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker

I will bring the map called " SIDE WINDER" wHich has ice, snow and other diffent terrain! And the prize I will let you know ASAP.

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old September 10th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJIM View Post
I will bring the map called " SIDE WINDER" wHich has ice, snow and other diffent terrain! And the prize I will let you know ASAP.
Yep, Sidewinder is a good one. I vote heavy snow and slippery ice on that one as well (it has even less snow than Arctic Divide, I'd say). Added.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
Original map allocations: KotM had said he was bringing Badru Valley, and boom was bringing Flash Fire. But now KotM is bringing Flash Fire, and boom is bringing Road Rampage. So Badru Valley is free again. Unless, KotM can bring that instead of Ticalla Sunrise, then Hivelord can bring TS. Whichever.
Okay........wait..........what?

Who's on first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Here's what I have.
2 RotV minus one ruin (that's what Craigslist for $10 gets you)
1 SotM
2 FottA
3 TJ
3 RttFF
2 TT
2 VW

I'll bring whatever maps you want (Except Broken Skyline).
Yeah, the map stuff can get pretty confusing. I actually just went and made a spreadsheet for it (yes, that's how big a geek I actually am ), but I can't actually work out how to make good recommendations for what people should bring without knowing just a bit more info ... Hivelord, can you remind me what sets you have? I believe you said 1 RotV and 1 SotM and misc expansions ... can you firm that up for me? And if anyone else who wants to bring a map but hasn't yet decided which one wants me to give them a recommendation, just let me know what you've got in a format just like KotM did above and I'll let you know what you can build that we still need.

The problem, as Hivelord hinted in a previous post (which I guess is one of those that got gone) is that there just aren't enough BoV maps that use SotM. Not that there's much that can be done about that unless we're willing to go outside the BoV area for maps, but that gets into sticky territory ... I'm guessing we'll go for duplicates before we drift outside the BoV.

OH! and KotM: why not Broken Skyline? Are you voting against having that map at all?
Old September 10th, 2009, 03:40 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Wow, great job everyone!
Way to pull together on getting the front post restored.
Thank you boom for volunteering to get the partial points charts.
Thank you Xotli for organizing the information.
I'll pm RenMan for his terrain list.
I'm for double point snow/ice to make it a more distinct experience.
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
My vote in general is regular snow, slippery ice. I always vote for slippery ice, because there's never so much of it that it makes that much difference. Now, snow is different: some maps have so much snow that half the map would be heavy snow and that would just suck. However, re-looking at Arctic Divide, I see that it doesn't have that much snow, really, so I guess I vote heavy snow on that one as well. (I changed the notation on the map on the front post, but left the ??? to indicate that it's still open for discussion if anyone wants to chime in with a disagreement.)
Don't most of the BoV maps have recomendations in the build instructions as to whether you're supposed to be using heavy snow and/or slippy ice? It was my understanding that many of the BoV maps reccomend using heavy snow and normal ice to help keep range on ground level as melee approaches. And if the info is in the instructions, and people actually bring them we shouldn't have any problems (with the possable exception of small children)

I'll look into this today and see if I can get some better info. I *should* be able to get this done by the end of lunch.

Edit: Alright, I've done a bit of searching, and of the three TT BoV maps, only Sidewinder has specific instructions on ice and snow (normal/heavy). The other two maps have no specific recomendations. There are reccomendations for Slippery Ice and Normal Snow for Arctic Divide in the BoV thread and I didn't find anything on Ice Blossom (truth be told, I didn't go back too far). I'm half inclined to suggest normal snow and ice on Divide and Blossom to speed things up. I think we should keep the heavy snow on Sidewinder as that's the way the map was designed to be played.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; September 10th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day