Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Madison, WI NHSD Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
It is those specific glyphs revealed. Plan your army accordingly.
I looked at the map, and just wanted to clarify. It appears to be two Glyphs of Astrid (+1 Attack), two Glyphs of Erland (Summoning), and the middle has one glyph of Wannock (Wound).

Sorry to be a stickler, but the Glyph of Wannock is from SotM.

Otherwise, the map looks amazing! I give you +rep just for making it so well. Looking forward to getting my grits fried on NHSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
It is those specific glyphs revealed. Plan your army accordingly.
I looked at the map, and just wanted to clarify. It appears to be two Glyphs of Astrid (+1 Attack), two Glyphs of Erland (Summoning), and the middle has one glyph of Wannock (Wound).

Sorry to be a stickler, but the Glyph of Wannock is from SotM.

Otherwise, the map looks amazing! I give you +rep just for making it so well. Looking forward to getting my grits fried on NHSD.
Thanks!

Those are indeed the glyphs used. The note is just to indicate that it uses two sets of RotV glyphs despite using only one set RotV terrain. It also uses a full set of SotM terrain so I made no note about that.

I do hope everyone coming notes the glyphs because they can make a large change in tactics and army selection.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I had a few 600 point armies planned out. Then I took a look at the map and realised a few of them would not be very good on that board. So I have been making a few new army options. I need to reread what the summoning and wound glyphs do since I don't use them very often. I am sure once I do I will have to tweak my army ideas once again.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Armies: 600 point classic Heroscape (no Marvel), no substitutions
Are we drafting or bringing pre-made armies?

Quote:
Old October 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Armies: 600 point classic Heroscape (no Marvel), no substitutions
Are we drafting or bringing pre-made armies?
Pre-made.

I edited the first post to clarify.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Okay, still don't know if I'll be coming, but I have a question in case I do.

Are we to make multiple 600 point armies, or would we use the same one every game?

I need to put some together, just in case.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Okay, still don't know if I'll be coming, but I have a question in case I do.

Are we to make multiple 600 point armies, or would we use the same one every game?

I need to put some together, just in case.
Just one army with no substitutions. Again, make sure you look at the map because some often used figures will have a lot harder time on it, and others will be more valuable than they are normally.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I checked the map. I thought of using a ranged army, but it wouldn't work as well as it could without those trees.
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, uh, Kobu, do you have any word on just what Wizard's support will be in terms of the prizes they are providing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
So, uh, Kobu, do you have any word on just what Wizard's support will be in terms of the prizes they are providing?
Nothing yet. I'll update when I know.
Old October 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Re: Madtown Throwdown! Madison, WI NHSD Tournament

I made some updates to the first page. I still don't know what we'll be getting from WotC, but I do know we will have something for everyone who participates.
Old October 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Re: Madtown Throwdown! Madison, WI NHSD Tournament

Are we going to use a partial scoring system?

All the prizes look great! Thanks Kobu for getting us the goods.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day