Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:50 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape, Spells and Runes (1.1.5 Update 06/09/14)

It's all good qt.bangerang, glad to see life is good on your end. That's great news! I think taking a break has brought a fresh perspective back to the project. I look forward to seeing what you've edited, changed, and come up with. Very excited to say the least

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:26 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would word Jandar's Ice Wall rune something similar to this.

Whenever a figure rolls defense dice you may use Ice Wall Protection. Reroll targeted figure's defense dice. After using Ice Wall Protection remove this card from the game.

I can give feedback on the other cards wording if you would like it.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; July 12th, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old July 12th, 2014, 07:23 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

sure, any help or suggestions are always welcome!

Old July 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
I would word Jandar's Ice Wall rune something similar to this.

Whenever a figure rolls defense dice you may use Ice Wall Protection. Reroll targeted figure's defense dice. After using Ice Wall Protection remove this card from the game.

I can give feedback on the other cards wording if you would like it.

I would say reroll the targeted figure's defense dice.

Old July 29th, 2014, 03:21 PM

Re: Heroscape, Spells and Runes (1.1.6 Update 07/29/14)

Took your advice Taeblewalker & William099 and updated Ice Wall Protection as a offensive and defensive Spell

Old March 13th, 2015, 09:46 PM

So it's been some time sense i've done any updates with my Spells & Runes project, I think at this stage I'm going to make a clean cut version for a Photoshop file which will contain everything I worked on, allowing you to create your own spells and runes. I truly think that with the release of the Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers will help greatly with the ability to give a good guideline of what could be done with this project. So expect a update sometime this week.

Old March 14th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the bump for these spells, G1shark! I'd never read any of these before, and they're a pretty great idea, I think. The idea of using spells in battle with points is both clever and a good way to round out extra leftover points without resorting to ninjas. Or you could play a 500 point game with an extra 100 points exclusively for spells, etc...

My only odd concern was having one of the Einar spells boost the 20-d. I had a hard time coming up with even a single Einar unit who used the 20-sided die, and with the few exceptions I now recall (Master of the Hunt, Retarius, Ana, etc.), it still seems weird considering most of his main guys don't use those. But I digress.

These are pretty awesome--I look forward to the coming update.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 14th, 2015, 10:29 PM

Re: Heroscape, Spells and Runes (1.2.0 Update 03/14/15)

@TheAverageFan

Yeah I really feel like they can help change the direction of a battle or a turn on a unsuspecting opponent.

Well the Spells/Runes weren't designed to be played exclusively to a single general, but I did have Retarius and Ana in mind at the time of creation.

Thank you, I just recently uploaded the download link to where you can now create your own.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p526j3l5e...lates.zip?dl=0

Old March 25th, 2015, 10:08 AM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

These cards are absolutely beautiful, might I say. I strongly look forward to using them.

I do have some concerns about the balance of some of them. The one-round boost spells, especially Emporer's Luck and Ullar's Speed, don't seem like they could be worth it in terms of time. The speed boost will give you less extra movement than you could get simply by using that turn to move the units you want. It would make more sense for it to stick around for 2 rounds, perhaps, or something of that nature. And Valkrill's kill spell, with a 75% chance of killing any hero for 50 points, seems to make all expensive figures well neigh unplayable in its meta.

The other thing is that there is an Aquilla Rune, the Concealment, which seems as though it is actually supposed to be a spell.

But on the whole, these are both flavorful and tactically interesting, and I think they add a lot to the game. Splendid work, positively splendid.

On a side note, could you possibly release the components of your templates in a format other than Photoshop? For those of us who use GIMP or other freeware image editing? Separate pngs for the back and foregrounds, for instance. I already have my own custom weather rules in my game, and so I'd really love the ability to tweak some of your 'official' spells as well as make my own.

Last edited by Relenzo2; March 25th, 2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great work here!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:24 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

This is a really great idea and the art on the cards is really, really good. However, I'm not sold on the idea of having to use up an order marker to activate many of the cards. I feel like it should be a free action on a turn of a figure who follows that general.
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:53 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
This is a really great idea and the art on the cards is really, really good. However, I'm not sold on the idea of having to use up an order marker to activate many of the cards. I feel like it should be a free action on a turn of a figure who follows that general.
I do see what you're saying (as per my prev. post) but I really enjoy the way the use of order markers forces you to think about when you cast your spells, much in the way order markers force you to think about the order you're going to use your figures in. It gives all the depth to spells that order markers give to figures. I think, though I can't know, that your reaction may be coming from the 'lasts one round' effects that don't leave you very long to enjoy a spell's beneficial effects.
What's come to my mind is that, if we're already printing out 700 crown markers, we might as well be able to use those to keep rack of the number of rounds a spell has been active. That way, spells could last 2 or 3 rounds where appropriate.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions